Entry number four into the Colossal Castle Contest XVI. I built this house for another project, but figured I might as well enter it into the miscellaneous category. There is a full interior inside the house, accessed via lift off roof. I'll be using this build in a tutorial covering how to angle buildings on landscapes in the future - but it probably won't be posted until the CCC is done :laugh:

Many farmers have small homesteads in the tundra of Mitgardia. This particular family’s livestock consists of chickens and goats.

overview-5.jpg

right-b.jpgleft-1.jpg

bed.jpg

cabinet.jpg

shelf.jpg

You can find more images on Brickbuilt.
Thanks for looking, and feedback is always appreciated :dsweet:

Edited by soccerkid6

That's a lovely farmhouse!  The SNOT stonework around the bottom and into the chimney looks great, and you've done an excellent interior as well especially considering the small space available.  I also appreciate how the fireplace and chimney are actually properly integrated into the rest of the structure (vs just a disconnected chimney facade stuck on the roof).  Just enough detail on the irregular base, too, and the chicken coop is a nice touch.  :sweet:

Great little farmhouse! As I mentioned on Flickr, the use of the 1x1 tile to cover the gap at the top of the gable is particularity inspired. I also really like how the chimney cuts into the roof. Another great entry for the CCC, going for master builder two years in a row? :laugh:

Neat little cottage, I love the chicken coop and great work on the roof, the in-and-out on top looks really good.  Great compact interior too!

I like the stone base of the cottage.  The cottage itself is well done, l like the dark tan roof with the light tan walls.  The interior is neat, quite a lot packed in there.  The landscape is wonderful, the little added touch of water is nice.  I also like the tree with the mushrooms underneath.  Great little scene.  

Such great, clean build here. I always marvel at the amount of detail you can cram into such a small space.  It would have been good to have the stream be a plate or two below the banks on either side, but that's a minor detraction really.  Very well done, as usual!

Very nice little farmhouse, the roof, the water, the tree, the foliage and the rockwork looks just right for the style. The interior is great too, I love the bed! Keep up the amazing work!

By the way, I’d be interested to see a MOC attempt by you with more crazy angles and rockwork some day! This doesn’t mean at all that I don’t like the style your clean style, it’s just the opposite! :classic:

Edited by LegoModularFan

A gorgeous little scene, it reminds me of a Lilliput Lane model, it's cute in a way.

Great stonework around the bottom and chimney, and love the chicken coop. I like how the building is angled off the grid, nice touch.

The stream is the weakest part of the build, it feels a bit tacked on.

Overall great work!

Nice work man :excited: . The colourscheme is spot on and pretty fond of that roof. Favourite part is the little hen-house though, awesome! 

Small, crisp, precise, clean! These are your dwellings' hallmarks, and this does not disappoint. I love the use of colors, the balance of the proportions, and the integration of everything into the landscape. The joining of the roof elements at the ridgeline is surprisingly smooth. The one thing I don't particularly care for is the headlight bricks visible inside; a necessary accommodation for attaching the tiles to the outside, I know, but it mucks up the interior aesthetics a bit. 

By the way, if I were to vote for someone from the Guilds to be a LEGO set designer, it would be you, because your builds are typically small, compact, and sturdy looking (and sometimes even with play features), rather than delicate, complex, and sprawling; that translates better into playability. Just saying. Someday soon, perhaps, if you desire it and LEGO is hiring; God knows you have a portfolio that is thematically diverse and almost universally well-received by the fan community...

uhhh classic-looking! me likes it! :wub: Really neat and precise. Awesome interior as usual (but.. I was expecting a snowy interior? :laugh:), love the chair in particular - which piece have you used for the seatback? Also, is that medium blue in the river?

Edited by en_zoo

Excellent work.  I like the colors, with the tan, dark tan, and brown, plus olive grass.  The henhouse is awesome.  You did a very nice job with the roof as well, and the interior is great.  I like the stone mantle in corporation into the wall as well.  Great job!

On 11/26/2018 at 11:51 AM, deraven said:

That's a lovely farmhouse!  The SNOT stonework around the bottom and into the chimney looks great, and you've done an excellent interior as well especially considering the small space available.  I also appreciate how the fireplace and chimney are actually properly integrated into the rest of the structure (vs just a disconnected chimney facade stuck on the roof).  Just enough detail on the irregular base, too, and the chicken coop is a nice touch.  :sweet:

Thanks! I enjoy including full chimney setups :classic:

On 11/26/2018 at 2:21 PM, Ayrlego said:

Great little farmhouse! As I mentioned on Flickr, the use of the 1x1 tile to cover the gap at the top of the gable is particularity inspired. I also really like how the chimney cuts into the roof. Another great entry for the CCC, going for master builder two years in a row? :laugh:

Thanks Ayrlego! And yeah, I actually have more time this year than last, so I figured I'd make a proper run at Master Builder.

On 11/26/2018 at 5:26 PM, Kai NRG said:

Neat little cottage, I love the chicken coop and great work on the roof, the in-and-out on top looks really good.  Great compact interior too!

Thanks Kai!

On 11/26/2018 at 10:17 PM, zoth33 said:

I like the stone base of the cottage.  The cottage itself is well done, l like the dark tan roof with the light tan walls.  The interior is neat, quite a lot packed in there.  The landscape is wonderful, the little added touch of water is nice.  I also like the tree with the mushrooms underneath.  Great little scene.  

Thank you, I enjoyed seeing how much I could fit into the limited interior space :classic:

On 11/26/2018 at 11:11 PM, The Stad said:

Such great, clean build here. I always marvel at the amount of detail you can cram into such a small space.  It would have been good to have the stream be a plate or two below the banks on either side, but that's a minor detraction really.  Very well done, as usual!

Thanks! I did have the stream at least one plate lower in most places, but where the irregular edge is the banks drop. That plus a lot of 'bubbles' on top of the main water level made things look a bit more flush.

On 11/27/2018 at 3:47 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Very nice little farmhouse, the roof, the water, the tree, the foliage and the rockwork looks just right for the style. The interior is great too, I love the bed! Keep up the amazing work!

By the way, I’d be interested to see a MOC attempt by you with more crazy angles and rockwork some day! This doesn’t mean at all that I don’t like the style your clean style, it’s just the opposite! :classic:

Thank you! I tried my hand at something along those lines years ago, with my own twist of course:
16280344779_9e6008fb11_z.jpg

Here a few others more along that style too:
32284545146_9da69c4e01_z.jpg

39117434841_9b728ca39b_z.jpg

On 11/28/2018 at 4:19 AM, Basiliscus said:

A gorgeous little scene, it reminds me of a Lilliput Lane model, it's cute in a way.

Great stonework around the bottom and chimney, and love the chicken coop. I like how the building is angled off the grid, nice touch.

The stream is the weakest part of the build, it feels a bit tacked on.

Overall great work!

Thanks Basilicus. I was trying to fit the model on a 32x32 area, which made things tricky when it came to incorporating a stream. Probably should have just made the scene bigger.

On 11/29/2018 at 12:43 PM, adde51 said:

Nice work man :excited: . The colourscheme is spot on and pretty fond of that roof. Favourite part is the little hen-house though, awesome! 

Thank you!

On 11/29/2018 at 4:22 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Small, crisp, precise, clean! These are your dwellings' hallmarks, and this does not disappoint. I love the use of colors, the balance of the proportions, and the integration of everything into the landscape. The joining of the roof elements at the ridgeline is surprisingly smooth. The one thing I don't particularly care for is the headlight bricks visible inside; a necessary accommodation for attaching the tiles to the outside, I know, but it mucks up the interior aesthetics a bit. 

By the way, if I were to vote for someone from the Guilds to be a LEGO set designer, it would be you, because your builds are typically small, compact, and sturdy looking (and sometimes even with play features), rather than delicate, complex, and sprawling; that translates better into playability. Just saying. Someday soon, perhaps, if you desire it and LEGO is hiring; God knows you have a portfolio that is thematically diverse and almost universally well-received by the fan community...

Thanks HQ! With more of the new 1 wide 5 plate high brick with 2 studs on side, I could probably get rid of headlights, just didn't have enough at this point.
And I would love to be a LEGO set designer someday, I've been putting together a portfolio recently :sweet:

On 11/30/2018 at 8:39 AM, en_zoo said:

uhhh classic-looking! me likes it! :wub: Really neat and precise. Awesome interior as usual (but.. I was expecting a snowy interior? :laugh:), love the chair in particular - which piece have you used for the seatback? Also, is that medium blue in the river?

Thanks! Those are antler thingies - I believe they first came in Ninjago sets first as a headgear accessory for helmets.

On 12/1/2018 at 7:24 PM, Grover said:

Excellent work.  I like the colors, with the tan, dark tan, and brown, plus olive grass.  The henhouse is awesome.  You did a very nice job with the roof as well, and the interior is great.  I like the stone mantle in corporation into the wall as well.  Great job!

Thanks Grover!

Very homely reminds me of little house on the Prarie for some reason. Either way, nice work!

Nice house with a great interior and details. Love the goats and the chicken coop. The build has a nice range of colors and textures without being too busy.

On 12/15/2018 at 12:12 PM, Andrew Spader said:

Very homely reminds me of little house on the Prarie for some reason. Either way, nice work!

Thanks Andrew!

On 12/15/2018 at 7:38 PM, Muakhah said:

Nice house with a great interior and details. Love the goats and the chicken coop. The build has a nice range of colors and textures without being too busy.

Thank you, I try to find a good balance of visual interest without making the model overwhelming :classic:

On 12/17/2018 at 6:55 PM, The Last of Nergoue said:

great moc, i really enjoy the nice clean look, and the interior really adds a lot to the moc. 

Thanks!