Sign in to follow this  
badchriss

[LDD MOC] - My version of the 2019 Ninjago Samurai Mech

I can´t be the only one who looks at pictures of upcoming and new Lego sets and thinks about details that could have been better or changed....and then you start building your own.

Well, this is basically what happened when i saw the new 2019 Ninjago Samurai Mech.A simple little build where most parts are slapped against a single 2x8 (or longer) plate as a backbone.

A bit stiff and void of much details is that little mech,isn´t it?

Well,i fired up LDD and tried making a version that´s similar in size but comes with a bit or articulation and details.

31110596007_57102f9960_c.jpgNinjago - Samurai X Mech-1

I used the versatile and easy to use Nexo Knights mech suit frame and build a small Samurai Mech around it.Notable parts of the original will be reused (including the decorated pieces).

My version also has a bit more articulation,especially in the legs.Balljoint points are at the hip,the knee and the connection to the feet, and each foot can move the front half of the foot a bit and has some small adjustable rear "toes"

31110589827_1d425c5a73_c.jpgNinjago - Samurai X Mech

What do you guys think of my version? Any advice or things you would change?

As someone who loved the original Samurai Mech build and had revamped it to be more show accurate. I'm loving this smaller version that uses the Nexo Mech cockpit

Of possible changes. Perhaps remove the sand green and make the sword smaller. Could also use some jet engines in the back.

Also could I get an Lxf file? I'd love to play around with this model myself.

Edited by Takanuinuva

42 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

As someone who loved the original Samurai Mech build and had revamped it to be more show accurate. I'm loving this smaller version that uses the Nexo Mech cockpit

Of possible changes. Perhaps remove the sand green and make the sword smaller. Could also use some jet engines in the back.

Also could I get an Lxf file? I'd love to play around with this model myself.

Yeah, guess I went a bit overboard with the sand green.

You're right about the blade, should have uused the smaller one.

Funny that you mention jet engines, was thinking of adding some flying apparatus as well.

Wanted to add foldable wings at first.

Any inspiration of how I could add jet engines?

When finished, i'm happy to share the lxf file.

Perhaps use the ones the original set had. There are plenty of studs on the back of the nexo cockpit you can attach them to.

I'm actually building my own mini samurai mech using my revamp as a base.

Edit: Here is what I came up with

samurai_micro_mech_front.png

samurai_micro_mech_back.png

Edited by Takanuinuva

That´s a nice version as well.

I modified mine a bit further and added a single jet engine to the back and also redesigned the armoring on the arms and legs a bit.

The feet got a small overhaul as well,they now have poseable toes (i kinda went for the samurai sandals look).

46063955281_369a98740a_b.jpgNinjago - Samurai X Mech-1

32192626928_cdce3bc977_b.jpgNinjago - Samurai X Mech-2

46014072502_d3af3a6310_b.jpgNinjago - Samurai X Mech-3

So,what do you guys think of it?

If you feel like you want to poke around a bit...

Grab the LXF File of the Mech here

I updated my version a bit more

Better pieces for the side skirts and a custom build for the chest cover so Nya can wear her armor while in the mech. The wither skeleton legs make for good roll-bars and attachment points for the shoulder armor

samurai_micro_mech_front_2_.png

samurai_micro_mech_back_2.png

These both look excellent!

Even though I'm happy with having Pixal as Samurai X and using a MOD of her mech from the set with Killow, these are both stunningly builds. 

I've updated my version a bit more. I made the upper legs and arms thinner as it will allow for more poseability 

samurai_micro_mech_pose_.png

samurai_micro_mech_front_3.png

samurai_micro_mech_back_3.png

I hope I can get the find the Ninjago Legacy Sets here in Canada early so I can use the official sets parts to make this version.