Bob De Quatre

[MOC] VicVipeout - Aurora-s1

I've been wanting to build a Wipeout inspired ship for so long... And I finally got inspired to mix a racy aesthetic with the Vic Viper themed month to create the Aurora-s1 race ship.
The Aurora-s1 is a two maned ship (a pilot and an engineer), propulsed by 4 engines with a single big central motor. Side wings can expand or retract to adjust stability when needed. 

44227749200_56a5ff157a_c.jpgVicvipeout - Aurora-s1 by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
45319400574_2eb5d138c1_c.jpgVicvipeout - Aurora-s1 by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
44227738670_349fcf5a61_c.jpgVicvipeout - Aurora-s1 by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
45131953175_35272f4a6f_c.jpgVicvipeout - Aurora-s1 by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
45319412574_f1688f322b_c.jpgVicvipeout - Aurora-s1 by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
44227779420_ae59a33e1a_c.jpgVicvipeout - Aurora-s1 by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
45132009145_946912ee79_c.jpgVicvipeout - Aurora-s1 by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
44227793670_f231288835_c.jpgVicvipeout - Aurora-s1 by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

Excellent build! A very sleek and original design. I think you did very well on all aspects; the overall shape, the details, the color scheme etc. And I recognize the 1x4 blue tile with the 3 white stars, if I am not mistaken its from the blue jet plane which was released somewhere around 1996 I think. 

I not fond of asymetrical airframes but there is some nice/stunning/beautiful/crazy/weird technic in this one (as usual with Bob)

I like the nozzles with the "TRON" touch and the whole engine ! (that's a masterpiece)

I'm a little disturbed and so puzzled, and consumed with curiosity about the whole part from the navigator to the nose of the cockpit part

Edited by Professor Thaum

What an original design! The asymmetry to the non-central placement of the cockpit, it's very striking while also being very good.

I love so many of the details--the Tron disks for the thrusters is a nice touch, the exposed tubing, and the flat technic supports are all great--but I especially like the small cylinder builds with the binocular pieces. I've seen (and used) similar, but not like this or in this context. I know, it's a weird thing to go on and on about but I'm definitely gonna have to borrow that at some point.

Evel Knievel goes LEGO Space in this incredible MOC!  Slin and sleek, this is something that the old Classic Space logo depicts shooting across the galaxy.  Well done!

The swing-wings are great, and I just love that engine area!  Really excellent use of the parts from the Tron set there.  Of course a fun overall design, too, but the tight angle work really takes it to another level.  :classic:

This looks great! I agree with deraven, the engine mades good use of  pringted parts and the foldout wings are a great addition!

This is a really sweet design.  I've personally always loved asymmetrical designs, and they work extra well as Lego builds since every bit can be original and fun to put together.  

I really enjoy all the work you put into the engine details.  The intake arrangement and detail is particularly nice. :)