On 12/12/2018 at 5:04 PM, ar97006 said:

I cannot believe that the Buggati Chiron is in any "worst" list... Unless they mean the Speed Champions version of it...

I feel like fans of real-world cars often have borderline-unreasonably high standards in general, and Technic cars in particular can be alienating to people who are more used to the sort of imperfections inherent to System models than the sort inherent to Technic models.

On 12/20/2018 at 3:17 PM, Aanchir said:

I feel like fans of real-world cars often have borderline-unreasonably high standards in general

Bingo.

• Best Theme: Harry Potter has been solid all year through
  • Best Minifigure/Figure: I've been really impressed by the CMF Dumbledore
  • Best Set: 31083 Cruising Adventures is perfect on price per piece and is a very solid model in itself
  • Worst Theme: Unikitty, I think
  • Worst Minifigure/Figure: IG-88, because putting all that printing on the 1x1 cylinder makes the droid's head way too tall. I don't think TLG has ever done a good IG-88
  • Worst Set: I'm stuck between the First Order AT-ST (actually only half of an AT-ST) and the AT Hauler (WTF is that)
  • Most Anticipated for 2019: Not gonna lie I'm super stoked for the 40349 Valentine's Puppy Brickheadz

Another vintage year. Here’s My 2c:

• Best Theme: Harry Potter has been the standout for me - a great reintroduction of a much loved theme
  • Best Minifigure/Figure: I really liked Dragon Suit Guy from the CMF 18 series
  • Best Set: 75955 Hogwarts Express (the best official HE yet :) - slightly biased by the fact that I’m a sucker for train sets
  • Worst Theme: BrickHeadz - there are no redeeming qualities of that series for me..
  • Worst Minifigure/Figure: The 2 Brick Suit figs in the CMF 18 series were a bit meh
  • Worst Set: First Order AT-ST for me although the First Order Heavy Scout Walker was a close second
  • Most Anticipated for 2019: The Chinese New Years sets (I really really hope we get a chance to pick those up in the West without having to resort to scalpers

• Best Theme: Wizarding world of Harry Potter
  • Best Minifigure/Figure:Dragon suit guy (he looked just like my favourite dragon from the last castle theme)
  • Best Set: Hogwarts Great Hall 75954
  • Worst Theme: uni kitty
  • Worst Minifigure/Figure: Steve (minecraft)
  • Worst Set: Unikittys  cloud car
  • Most Anticipated for 2019: Ninjago Monastery of Spinjitsu 70670

I’ll preface this with I’ve been trying to cut down on themes I buy sets for , but I’ll give an honorable mention to Harry Potter as all of those sets look great, but not worth it to me as a non-HP fan.

• Best Theme: DC Superheroes (Lex’s mech is probably one of my favorite mid-sized sets I’ve ever built)
  • Best Minifigure/Figure: Reverse Flash
  • Best Set: Voltron
  • Worst Theme: Brickheads (Lego should stick to what they do well rather than capitalize on other popular products like Funko)
  • Worst Minifigure/Figure: Pilot Luke (from 75218)(I hate how large the new helmet is and no printed chinstrap is ridiculous)
  • Worst Set: nothing is worse than the First Order AT-ST, But shout out to the Imperial Conveyex Transport for being overpriced AND only including the front car and one middle car. 
  • Most Anticipated for 2019: Apocalypseburg, Inferno Squad, and what is hopefully the first of several Overwatch waves. 

• Best Theme: Probably Harry Potter, yeah.
  • Best Minifigure/Figure: No idea, I quite liked Dagobah Luke from Yoda's hut.
  • Best Set: Honestly the 2018 X-Wing, + having a TIE on the market at the same time is great. 
  • Worst Theme: Brickheadz, really not my cup of tea. 
  • Worst Minifigure/Figure: C3PO from Cloud City, side prints have already been made for this character which he lacks, and the fact some of the pieces for him are mismatched in a different color in a 400$ set is just wow for me. 
  • Worst Set: First Order AT-ST IMO, awefull source material, price, lazy build. 
  • Most Anticipated for 2019: Probably one of the starwars 20th anniversary sets if done right. 

On 1/4/2019 at 10:15 PM, halomaster96 said:I’ll preface this with I’ve been trying to cut down on themes I buy sets for , but I’ll give an honorable mention to Harry Potter as all of those sets look great, but not worth it to me as a non-HP fan.
  • Best Theme: DC Superheroes (Lex’s mech is probably one of my favorite mid-sized sets I’ve ever built)
  • Best Minifigure/Figure: Reverse Flash
  • Best Set: Voltron
  • Worst Theme: Brickheads (Lego should stick to what they do well rather than capitalize on other popular products like Funko)
  • Worst Minifigure/Figure: Pilot Luke (from 75218)(I hate how large the new helmet is and no printed chinstrap is ridiculous)
  • Worst Set: nothing is worse than the First Order AT-ST, But shout out to the Imperial Conveyex Transport for being overpriced AND only including the front car and one middle car. 
  • Most Anticipated for 2019: Apocalypseburg, Inferno Squad, and what is hopefully the first of several Overwatch waves. 

I couldn’t agree more with your comments about the Lex Mech set. It’s definitely one of the best mechs we’ve seen out of the Superheroes line. It was a pretty fun build & the cockpit feature is a nice addition. Minifigs are great too.