Guardian Angel The past few days in Nola Mar were far from bright, and evidence of the incessant showers had muddied the city's streets. Ricketts knew that Cooke could be in any alleyway, wagon, prison, or mound of dirt; and there was little he do about that. However, with every day, it was increasingly more obvious that something was amiss. Be it the armed columns in the streets, or the distinct lack of proofing marks on the lockplates of their arms. Something had rocked the boat in this town, and Ricketts was going to find out... After sleeping off a bit of rum, Ricketts descended from his loft, and stepped into the kitchen. He wasn't much in the mood for preparing food and instead opted for some evening tea. He figured that a small meal from the local pub and some catching up on the local rumours would be in order anyways. After taking his freshly dried stocking off the mantle of the fireplace, he proceeded to buckle his well-worn shoes. Once more, he stepped out from the doorway, latching the door behind him. The jolly laughter from the street's nightlife was already in full swing. He walked towards the main avenue, the hobnails of his shoes joining the chorus of the foot traffic. Surprisingly, he found Mr. Johnstone (the logistical officer dispatched ahead of Ricketts' arrival who had established the safehouse), briskly approaching him, umbrella not far behind. "Aye, you'd best hear this, we're already hours behind." "Let's hear it then", replied Ricketts. "As I was entering the market, all the talk was about a foreign spy or an officer dressed in the red of Corrington, who had just left the prison at gunpoint by local militia. I also heard that he was to meet Archduke Oldis in King's Port!" "Do we know for certain this is Cooke, Mr. Johnstone? "Indeed, I was similarly skeptical and went after the crowd. I saw him, it was most certainly him." Looking ever more exasperated by the minute, Ricketts cursed and furrowed his brow, "This... This is diplomatic nightmare.." Johnstone shared his frustration, "I agree, this is a most undesirable situation."  "Now that we know where Cooke is, we must act quickly- while we still can. They've forced our hand, but not without revealing their cards. You will go to shore party at the docks in the cover of darkness and deliver my message to the lieutenant." "And you? Command may not authorize the risk of destabilizing the situation further..." "I'll be in King's Port by then, I don't know who or what is causing this internal shatterbelt, but Cooke is under lock and key somewhere. I was sent to locate and protect him, and we've allowed this go on for far too long."  To Whom it May Concern, Cooke is on the move, at gunpoint of local forces. Clear signs of foreign military influence, unsure of national origin. I will travel to King's Port, where it is said that he will meet with Archduke Oldis. If possible, immediate diplomatic pressure recommended, I do not yet know if an escape attempt is achievable, and I cannot assure Cooke's safety in the hands of the Terraversians. -Ricketts "You were tasked as his guardian angel then?" Johnstone mused. "Precisely"