Dorino

[MOC] Boba Fett's pod racer

Hello everyone!

Few months ago i tried to recolour some of the classic SW ships to match Boba Fett's colour scheme. (Delta 7B, Eta 2, T 47)

All of them were MOCs by different people with just colour alternations.

Today i present something completely new, a pod racer! 

Hope You like it!  

31102871697_f7eca92038_b.jpg

44225936820_08a9a4d2aa_b.jpg

45992039222_d204a52530_b.jpg

32170953788_d2f6cb4bf5_b.jpg

Cool :D I like the thruster blocks a lot. The pod itself looks slightly off but I cant state the reason really... the color scheme is right, maybe the way it's shaped, with the canopy. And btw it kinda looks like he just lost the energy-holder inbetween the thrusters :D

On 11/25/2018 at 1:49 PM, Kristof said:

Cool :D I like the thruster blocks a lot. The pod itself looks slightly off but I cant state the reason really... the color scheme is right, maybe the way it's shaped, with the canopy. And btw it kinda looks like he just lost the energy-holder inbetween the thrusters :D

Thanks! I spent 80% of time on thrusters and then i was like " ok, now just some pod and i am done with this!" 
I don't have any interesting parts in any interesting transparent colour to make the "energy line" :/

Side question:
Does this happen to any of You? The closer i get to finishing project the less i care / am interested? I was really into building thrusters and then just wanted to rush through pod to have it finished.
Probably loosing in quality.

3 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Neat! Could you please put all parts on stands just for some pics? How is the MF supposed to sit in the pod?

Thanks!, What do You mean by putting parts on stand? You mean parts parts or "modules" next to each other?
As for now, LEGO Boba Fett would need to loose some weight to fit there :laugh: Maaaybe if i detach the legs?

54 minutes ago, Dorino said:

Side question:
Does this happen to any of You? The closer i get to finishing project the less i care / am interested? I was really into building thrusters and then just wanted to rush through pod to have it finished.
Probably loosing in quality.

It does. It seems to happen to many creators in whatever domain they work. A burnout :D It can be temporary, or fatal. Not necessarily always towards the completion - for me it can be in any state of the project. For me usually if I spend a lot of time involved in a particular part of the build and then when I finally succeed figuring it out, another and seemingly even bigger problem arises. What usually works for me is taking a break, stop designing for some time or do smaller vastly different project :) Then, with regained enthusiasm and renewed perspective I go back and it seems easier to again focus on the bigger thing. I think the issue with the burnout, in fact, is loosing that perspective, because of the previous focus on some different part of the project, which limits your scope and then the next no longer fits that narrow scope :D Hence the refreshing perspective reset.

2 hours ago, Dorino said:

Thanks!, What do You mean by putting parts on stand? You mean parts parts or "modules" next to each other?
As for now, LEGO Boba Fett would need to loose some weight to fit there :laugh: Maaaybe if i detach the legs?

Yes, please place the modules upright on some bricks for some photos, so we have a better all around view. That'd be cool!

Maybe you can modify the pod, so he can lie in there face forward like on a racing bike.

Edited by m4st3rt3ch