steph77

Steph77's Moc corner

Recommended Posts

One stud does make difference! I really dig this machine! :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excavator ended perfect :thumbup: small and beautiful :wub:

Enjoy your holidays :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 9:54 PM, I_Igor said:

Excavator ended perfect :thumbup: small and beautiful :wub:

Enjoy your holidays :classic:

Thanks guy! I am thinking out what trailer to build. It is not because you are away from your parts that you didn't think to your project...

on one side I have the project to build a trailer to transport the excavator. I even build a prototype of it.

On an other hand as I want to results in a great play set I think to build a standard tilt bed trailer. This way the cycle is complete with the crane filling the trailer and the trailer tilting away the goods out.

.... still wondering what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, steph77 said:

Thanks guy! I am thinking out what trailer to build. It is not because you are away from your parts that you didn't think to your project...

on one side I have the project to build a trailer to transport the excavator. I even build a prototype of it.

On an other hand as I want to results in a great play set I think to build a standard tilt bed trailer. This way the cycle is complete with the crane filling the trailer and the trailer tilting away the goods out.

.... still wondering what to do.

I'll try to make blue trailer like I posted earlier if I found enough blue panels here in Croatia... and will probably be equipped with Tumbler tires.

Perhaps I'll make something like set 8063

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

trailer is on the way...

Kz4QnI.jpg

Functions (hopefully):

- 4 Wheels steering connected to the tractor (done)

- Lifting bed (via new rack, done)

- Rigid suspended axle (without shock absorber) (NOOK)

- Automated lock of the tail gate (NOOK)

-Landing gear (manual) (NOOK)

Some other pictures: (i must wait now that legoshop is again avalaible for some parts command)

6lrBCr.jpg

jeRKVb.jpg

As suspentions are not implemented yet, i'll have to rebuilt the whole trailer.

Any idea, comment, are welcome as Always.

Steph

 

Edited by steph77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orange and blue looks great together...steering wheels on trailer are great idea like this (craab steering on trailer)

92-SYNTRAC-TIPPER.jpg-nggid0222-ngg0dyn-

To have steering it means that you have separated motor for PTO.

I suppose you use gear racks for steering. Do you have 68.8 x 36 H tires (they would look better IMHO)?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=41893#T=C&C=11

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

To have steering it means that you have separated motor for PTO.

I suppose you use gear racks for steering. Do you have 68.8 x 36 H tires (they would look better IMHO)?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=41893#T=C&C=11

 

 

Oups, no.

I have two separate motors for the two PTO but none of them is used for steering. (1 is for the lifting bed and the other one isn't used actualy)

The steering is linked by rods at the tractor articulation.

Inspired by @MajklSpajkl Moc.

I try to implement this system and managed to have a stable movement only in left/right movement. If the trailer's articulation go up/down or in torsion it has no effect on trailer's direction.

I do not own the 68.8 x 36 H tires, sadly.

 

 

Edited by steph77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steph77 said:

 

The steering is linked by rods at the tractor articulation.

Inspired by @MajklSpajkl Moc.

I try to implement this system and managed to have a stable movement only in left/right movement. If the trailer's articulation go up/down or in torsion it has no effect on trailer's direction.

Is it possible to see closeup photo of your solution?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:01 PM, I_Igor said:

Is it possible to see closeup photo of your solution? 

Thanks

Sure!

It took me some time to answer you. It is due to fact I had to finalyse some things on the mechanical POV.

First, I can now check the suspended+direction axles on my checklist ;)

Here are the pictures I take to show the maximum angles and abilities of the model:

AvCcm5.jpg

with steered axles:

ShjblI.jpg

tractor angle + torsion:

Yaq9vV.jpg

and reversed:

N0btk3.jpg

Ok. Now going with the closer asked view. I used lime levers to pop up in the pictures the moving parts involved in the direction system.

The direction is permanent and depending on the angle between the tractor and the trailer. The direction is initiated from the hitch connection. Here under you see the lever system I used to achieve this: when tractor turns to the right side, the lime lever has a forward movement. This movement is then transferred to the two axles.

2QIYvQ.jpg

larger view of the system. The lime lever is connected to a pair of identical levers located in the heart of the axles system. They move correspondingly. As the rotation and articulation points of the axle suspension and direction rods are aligned, they are not parasite direction reaction in case of other angle between tractor and trailer other than left/right movement.

d6k2hn.jpg

top view: on this picture you can see how the lime lever are connected to two rods (one for each axle). The geometry of these rods are different so the front axle steers less than the rear one.

XjaWCE.jpg

Same view with steered axles:

 

FDUZHh.jpg

here is a side view showing the work (the reason I reply not immediately) done on the alignment of the whole rods involved in both direction and suspension movements:

HNZaGZ.jpg

Finally the underside view:

1tibEs.jpg

 

Tell me if other explanations are needed :)

Edited by steph77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly solution is simple and clever :thumbup:

Now you are "hurrying" me to finish my RC Fastrac and start working in trailer, but I have only 2 blue panels :sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is tractor is great, and each additional trailer makes it better. The simple steering and suspension system is great, and is a nice addition to the often boring trailer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Time for my latest excavator to get it's own video. Enjoy!

 

 

Edited by steph77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Quote

@steph77 motors in the undercarriage means no 360° rotation of the turret? 

I used a IR receiver located in the understructure. This mean there is a cable going through the turntable, yes.

This cable is long enough to provide up to 4 complete rotation before experimenting troubles.

4 rotations are largely enough for a normal use , simple need to be a little precautionous when using it ;)

I evaluate for a long time the differents options, event if it is not the cleanest one it has its plus and cons.

What decided me to use this setup was not that much the gain of free space but the fact that when rotating, the turret was source of parasite move of the tracks when rotating.

 

Steph

Edited by steph77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing the excavator video. It's a joy to see it in action. And of course it would have been fun to design and build it. Great MOC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ;-) It costs some money, but looks really good. I hope LEGO doesn't make one two months after I buy it :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Flat Six symphony - Nine Eleven

Wip project.

The main difficulty is to find a way to built a flat six engine in the scale of the 42093 set.

VJzfw2.jpg

I do find one way to:

Wh0jof.jpg

Main design is there. Need some recoloring thought.

opening elements:

PFspDc.jpg

 

What is your opinion?

To be continued..

 

 

Edited by steph77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, great. Mine is getting closer as well. 

The roofline looks great, as does the front bumper. I also very much enjoy the side sills; very racy. I'll be interested to know how you complete the rear bumper. The roof to rear deck to bumper is one of the hardest parts of the 911 to get right, and one of my greatest critiques of 42056.

The small panels on the front hood interrupt the lines a little too much for me. Another option? Also, same with the little panels on the door. The 911 has very flat shoulder line, so I would raise the doors in a flat way and take this part out.

I like the engine. It's a fun little idea for a complicated problem. Do the axles fall out when you tip the car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Again, great. Mine is getting closer as well. 

The roofline looks great, as does the front bumper. I also very much enjoy the side sills; very racy. I'll be interested to know how you complete the rear bumper. The roof to rear deck to bumper is one of the hardest parts of the 911 to get right, and one of my greatest critiques of 42056.

The small panels on the front hood interrupt the lines a little too much for me. Another option? Also, same with the little panels on the door. The 911 has very flat shoulder line, so I would raise the doors in a flat way and take this part out.

I like the engine. It's a fun little idea for a complicated problem. Do the axles fall out when you tip the car?

I'll try to implement all your advized imput :)

The axle of the engine are perfectly secured and Don't fall down even if i shake strongly the model.

I made use of an axle you can see on top of the engine ( in light grey ) that stop the movement of the 'valve'. This way the space let by the valve is just enough for the axle to be moved by the shaft and just not large enough to get the axle in it's place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Take 02

Slowly Moving to a full orange livery.

Worked on @Thirdwigg advized comments and first attempt at rear end

What has changed:

- New headlight desigh

- New orange livery

- New camshaft of 1/2 stud offset (in place of one stud travel) for the engine: smoother and now the camshaft do not touch the ground anymore :sadnew:

- Rear end first sketch design

- Reinforcement of the chassis

Pictures:

9Vd24p.jpg

fTHmEz.jpg

61TvpI.jpg

 

 

Edited by steph77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rear looks fantastic! I'd decrease the width of the spoiler though, but I see that's not easy because of the panels and the mounting points. Maybe it just looks so massive due to perspective. I often find my cars looking better or somewhat different in reality - compared to pictures. For the front, as you have two studs of room between fenders and hood, have you already tried to use "mirrored" fenders in place of the liftarms and axle connectors? I wonder how that'd look. Why not use longer liftarms in the middle of the hood to close the front gap a little bit? Nearly forgot, the head rests are cool, too! :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. Great job on the rear. Also, I like the changes to the front, it looks cleaner.

Is the roof tall enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an enthusiast, I am pleased to see two Porsche at once. I love the rear end and the profile view. Is it possible to increase the front bumper by a stud? It would look better IMO...

Nice work as always :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.