waiting for some news of new Mocs, i let you a first video of a previous build:

Another one will follow soon.

S.

Edited by steph77

sorry for doubble post.

Here is the second and last video of the day about my previous pick-up truck.

Enjoy

S.

Edited by steph77

Hi @steph77, just found your helicopters and other moc's in this thread.

I think they are awesome.

Your UH-77 is looking great.

Just wondering if you have any pictures or digital files to build it, or how the internals work.

Sorry, but the model sit actually by my nest, and it is not possible for me to take pictures or make instructionsdue to COVID deplacement restrictions...

I also replaced the bike vid by it's pendant in HD.

S.

A lot to learm... what do you think about the Ducati shock absorbers?; they are very nice of course but I preffer the old ones.

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

A lot to learm... what do you think about the Ducati shock absorbers?; they are very nice of course but I preffer the old ones.

I am also on the same line.

They are good looking parts for standing expo models, not for intensive use. I find them flimsy, too soft and built out of bad quality plastic so you absolutely need a strong structure to fix them.

I personnaly use older one for TC19.

55 minutes ago, steph77 said:

I am also on the same line.

They are good looking parts for standing expo models, not for intensive use. I find them flimsy, too soft and built out of bad quality plastic so you absolutely need a strong structure to fix them.

I personnaly use older one for TC19.

Totally agree I do not understand when Lego goes back steps.

Edited by jorgeopesi

Happy to see you back with another heli. I'm looking forward to this MOC as I usually do. I like the floats and the inclusion of the rudder.

It looks like you need TLG to make a longer rotor blade.

This is really exciting! I never did get my head around all the swash plate controls you posted a few years ago on my heli build, but have got it on my list to build so I can see what’s going on. This build (chopper) looks like it’s right up my alley :thumbup: 

Heli master came back. Impressive how you managed to improve your design for such area of technic with conflict I'd very limited and not specialized Lego parts versa very complex real helicopter mechanic. Praise :thumbup:

Okay!

Let's expose what's my goal with this one.

First of all, every project of this kind has a major interrest for me. It is the fact that everything is always to be done again, and each single model has its particularyties and it needs a long fine tuning to work proprely.

The engineering of it is always a big challenge, and it is always what i am searching for.

The second goal of this is to have a model where things are all comprehensive and shown. My choice to build a larger scale model tends to have a clean design and a high educative end product. As well the particular ultra light heli design is perfect as all commands can be shown and the minimal things are hidden in the inside. This will be the major difference between this one and previous one. No better or whorse, just a different approach

Actually i have done my best to reach this but i am still not happy.

If the commands Works proprely, in a smooth way, if i manage to get a strong and reliable structure and nearly zero vibration even at high RPM, the design process and the succcessive adaptations ends in a complex and not that clean looking design. in particular in the basic cell of the aircraft.

So, for next step, i need to find a way to clean that a bit.

Once i get my phone back i'll take proper picture and i'll need your opinion on it. 

Maybe a recolor of the model whith a popup color on active elements could be fine?

Hi all after being for a time out of lego's sphere, i am back with my last project for this year.

HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA-GLIDE 1969

1bO3LO.jpg

This project is all about design, no gearbox, no clutch, nothing of that all, but one iconic function beeing translated into the lego model: the iconic sound of a Harley Davidson.

After hours of search on the net, i look closely at some rebuild vids of real HD engines and i foud a way to reproduce the claping of the admission valves wich are at the source of this typic soud.

For those who have no real idea of what is better in lego : or a regular engine bloc or a fake engine as many of the set have today, this one got both of them! One 2-cylinders block wit a secondary shaft acting two valves based on the new simplified mount we know today. But first have a look at the global views of this build:

First lookaround of it: a hardtail frame only build out of axles and connectors to fit as well as possible the original design:

rjzffe.jpggIzJte.jpg

As you can see this model has also a windshild made out of a no lego plastic sheet. Quiet simple to do yet.

6nokEt.jpgPWP3qI.jpg

yruWRh.jpg

Let's have a look at the engine:

ghlkBq.jpg

On this picture you can see the auxilliary crankshaft acting the admission valves:

Ag2jmu.jpg

The model features also front suspensions, direction with a narrow turning radius, two sidebags that are openables:

qRLU6Q.jpg

And also a adjustable front windshild that can be tilted with a proprer command:

YmB3bR.jpg Ci9WyF.jpg ukGzAC.jpg

So this will be my last model for this year, i hope you'll enjoy it.

PS i add a lot of details everywher i found it was possible. Even my katana gets it's own rear view mirror:

gzoojd.jpg

Edited by steph77

Wow @steph77, this looks so cool! I love all the detailing. The color scheme is also nice, is the main color dark-azure or medium-azure? And where can one hear the sound of the engine? :sweet:

This is great. I love the replicated frame, and the valves are just wow. I agree the valves are so iconic to the HD look and sound. Now I kind think every motorcycle build needs them. Great job!

On 12/30/2021 at 2:11 PM, johnnym said:

Wow @steph77, this looks so cool! I love all the detailing. The color scheme is also nice, is the main color dark-azure or medium-azure? And where can one hear the sound of the engine? :sweet:

This model is in dark azure, quiet rare parts in my inventory that i never used before this one :classic:

On 12/30/2021 at 4:35 PM, proran said:

This is great. I love the replicated frame, and the valves are just wow. I agree the valves are so iconic to the HD look and sound. Now I kind think every motorcycle build needs them. Great job!

True!

Thanks for your kind comments!

2022- Tracked loader MK2

Today, and after some rest time far from my bricks, i would like to present you my last creation for now. A tracked loader.

Here is the list of features it has:

- Drive via two large motors

- Main arm up and down via two medium motors,

- Tilting the bucket via a medium motor.

- Drive gearbox with a selection of high speed - neutral - Low speed

- Suspentions on tracks 

- openable doors and back cover

- Realistic geometry of the lifting arm with angle correction of the bucket.

- Two sets of lights

- Main switch of the battery box in cab.

Here it is:

FH3Td7.jpg

In opposition with my previous attempt at building a tracked loader, this one has a conventional global shape.

The main difficulty in tjis model is the remaining place to insert the mechanism as the volume isn't that big.

E7Zefj.jpg

UeXHd0.jpg

The blue lever on top of the cabin is the gear selector.

I've tried to obtain classics, but dynamyc line at the same time. I also worked on a lot of details as the laders, the doors, an oil tank, exhausts, ...

The range of movements is also realistic, the bucket rise higher than the cab and the tilting angle is good.

On low position, the bucket is really close to the tracks giving a compact stature to the model:

lGfh5z.jpg

4NKqp4.jpg

QUB3er.jpg

2WIALs.jpg

You may note that the whole range of movement is availaible in any position of the arm or the bucket.

Some detailed views:

Gearbox selector

OuiYNU.jpg

The inner of the cabin and openable doors:

You can see on the picture below the main switch of the model. It is located on the cabin's floor and is connected to the battery box by a vertical axle connected to a lever itself connected to the switch of the BB. Simple and efficient.

aDsxjO.jpg

rrXnIb.jpg

gM5xgM.jpg

Now the extra functionalities: The track suspensions:

First viewed from the bottom;:

rPS6Uu.jpg

You may see the articulations arms in front of the battery box. This setup results in this:

JpJsaP.jpg

8nYwkE.jpg

Then, the gearbox, it is located under the cab, at the rear of the tracks.

ElLi9d.jpg

The setup make use of the orange rotary gear selector, and for this reason, the gearbox are built symetricaly in order to get the proper gears engaged at the same time:

Left track gearbox:

sPUivd.jpg

right side track gearbox:

YlRgVB.jpg

So, here it is. I hope you will like it!

S.

Edited by steph77

4 hours ago, steph77 said:

2022- Tracked loader MK2

Today, and after some rest time far from my bricks, i would like to present you my last creation for now. A tracked loader.

Here is the list of features it has:

- Drive via two large motors

- Main arm up and down via two medium motors,

- Tilting the bucket via a medium motor.

- Drive gearbox with a selection of high speed - neutral - Low speed

- Suspentions on tracks 

- openable doors and back cover

- Realistic geometry of the lifting arm with angle correction of the bucket.

- Two sets of lights

- Main switch of the battery box in cab.

Here it is:

And your modifications to 42145??? How are they coming?  

j/k  - in all seriousness, great build.  Functions appear top notch.  I assume we will be getting a video soon to see them in action? 

Helicopter passion never die....

I was searching information about my current reference model and look what i found:

Edited by steph77

I had not seen the tracked loader it is awesome, I like a lot those machines and they are the thing I have to do with Lego some day. Helicopters are impressive machines, I do not know all the world machines but I am pretty sure that they are one of the machines that use more linkages which it seems a little anachronistic, like the Lego Technic is.