steph77

Steph77's Moc corner - Porsche Nine-Eleven

Thanks for comments and advise :thumbup:

Ok let's go, I worked yesterday evening on the front end, trying to get It with one more stud. The look is quiet different, moving to some kind of older Porsche's design.after tons of differents attempts I came out with one cool design I think.

I also worked back on the doors with rear view mirror support integrated to the door structure, I also add some slopes giving more accurate curve to the bottom end of the door. This add fluidity to the overall design.

Next I redesign the rear spoiler and add a cooling fan on the upper part of the engine.

I also secure the front axle support.

Pictures:

qKD5Nn.jpg

NsuzMt.jpg

front axle secured:

nx3PD8.jpg

cooling fan connected to transmission

LlPudO.jpg

rear view, new spoiler:

ugruUp.jpg

the new cam shaft and engine valves. no axle can get out

rZAMIi.jpg

So, opinions?

Steph

Edited by steph77

Looks better and better with each iteration. Especially the front came out extra nice and the spoiler size now fits the car better IMO! The engine is also pretty cool, now that I recognize it. :classic: I'd love to build it as it is now.

Maybe one last thing: Have you already tried to move the bottom of the A pillars one stud up? Maybe a 90° axle connector could allow to fix them from below then - if they can't be attached otherwise.

Take 04

Thanks to @Thirdwigg and  @johnnymI now get a serious headache, thanks mate.

I completely rethought my approach on this project. What has be done?

- I take the roof up by one stud,

- I found a way to fix the front A pillar one stud up,

- I equilibrate the global line to get a flat line just at fenders level, and perfectly aligned

- I review the front fenders, getting out with the gaps that were subsisting

- I designed new seats and add a dashboard, getting a credible line for the front windshield

- I remove the panels that where the main part of the roof as they where not that credible and compatible with the real design of that car. I add a rear windshield...

- I build one rear motor hood that support the rear spoiler, as in real life

- I do some recoloring job everywhere, getting off with blue pins and replacing them by black ones,

-I review the lower parts of front and rear fenders to achieve the bodywork in the lower zone

And finally, after hours of some tricky work to find right angles and fixation points:

GqKndX.jpg

I think I capture correctly those hell curved lines

rSvO2E.jpg

Detail of the, rear windshield and engine cover:

MV93h2.jpg

Once opened:

cVUR72.jpg

And from the front POV, with the new front fender design:

OpuYdf.jpg

qaGXFe.jpg

New seats and credible inner space (the suppression of the roof panels give more inner space in the cab

cZp1ZC.jpg

the front and rear views: 8KyIif.jpgb5NpUH.jpg

So, now my headache is gone, any new idea or comments?

Thanks all for support, without you guys I would have let that project down way too soon :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by steph77

The Porsche looks really nice in this scale. I like this one and will most likely build it if there are instructions or model available. The only change I would suggest is going orange on the parts below the spoiler at the back. 

Other than that it's awesome

Hi Steph, this is a challanging "little" project, I like it.

The only comment I have at this last iteration, is that I'm not font about the front fenders yet. Somehow they come across as flattened on top...I with I could advice a solution, but sorry to say I haven't got one (yet).

Edited by m3eu
noticed hog steering is moved deeper inside

Much better. If I am honest v2 and v3 went away from what I liked about v1. V4 here looks much better, as the belt line looks more consistent, and the rear deck is better integrated. The spoiler looks better as well. Also, I like the changes you made the the engine. And the fan is a nice detail.

To @m3eu's point, I wonder if removing the inner curved slopes might make the front fenders look less heavy?

This will be the last version for this one.

After publishing it at french forum Techlug, some members give me a go for modifying both front and rear parts.

Here is the final result:

New front design, compressed by two studs and recolored supports

Vplp8O.jpg

New rear design too. Added the curve beginning right behind the rear wheel

gl73dO.jpg

Seen from the rear. The whole design has been reviewed in order to remove flimsy parts. Sturdy designed par now:

oeDg3K.jpg

more accurate engine detail (removed the fan for a pulley)

cT0qFu.jpg

And this is off for this one.

I now will begin another car at that scale. So funny (and tricky) to build.

Maybe a Mini, or Fiat 500, still don't now.

Steph

Wow @steph77! Came out real good! :sweet: I'd love to have a replica of it to complement my muscle/pony cars in the same or similar scale. Will you create a digital model? The chassis alone could already be useful, e.g. to build another body on top of it. For example an Audi TT has similar proportions I think.

Very nice final result for the Porsche ! Getting the shape do good in this scale is amazing !

Surely deserves instructions :wink:

Would be great to have "challenging" instructions where the model has to be built from a few pictures showing the "exploded view".

Edited by iLego

Thanks all. I will make one LDD for parts list and mybe a 'challenge ' instructions base on only 3 pictures, could be fun.

9 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Well done. The final product is great. Go for a Mini, its a car that would allow for an recognizable shape. 

Let's go for a mini. Blue color would be a great mix with the 911. Had to command some parts now...

7 minutes ago, steph77 said:

Thanks all. I will make one LDD for parts list and mybe a 'challenge ' instructions base on only 3 pictures, could be fun.

All that I asked for, thanks! :sweet: Looks like I need another Corvette... :wink:

For those who asked me:

New fender panels doesn't exist actually. But ok, WIP.

Still need some days to complete.

cXiEzo.png

22 hours ago, steph77 said:

For those who asked me:

New fender panels doesn't exist actually. But ok, WIP.

Still need some days to complete.

Nice! WRT missing fender panels, what tool are you using? Because since a few (or maybe the second last version, I don't remember) versions, BrickLink's Studio has them and as Studio uses the LDraw parts library I assume that the LDraw "distribution" will have them, too. OTOH it's only a cosmetic issue, as it's clear, what parts are missing there.

Looking forward to the final model. Changed my mind about the color, I might give it a try in red after I've disassembled my Roadrunner Superbird.

Edited by johnnym

45 minutes ago, johnnym said:

Nice! WRT missing fender panels, what tool are you using? Because since a few (or maybe the second last version, I don't remember) versions, BrickLink's Studio has them and as Studio uses the LDraw parts library I assume that the LDraw "distribution" will have them, too. OTOH it's only a cosmetic issue, as it's clear, what parts are missing there.

Looking forward to the final model. Changed my mind about the color, I might give it a try in red after I've disassembled my Roadrunner Superbird.

I am drawing this Under standard LDD… I assume that even without thos fender, everyone who want to build this will achieved it easily.

Hi all,

First i finished the LDD model. I experience prblems when trying to post it at Mocpage. Somme of Java issue i think. I'll tell you as soon as i manage to solve that.

Second, i need your help.

As some of you my know i am daltonian. This mean, for me, that i experience troubles in color perception in particular in the shade of grey/blue and green sperctrum.

I would like to convert my 911 in blue. The only blue fender panel i know are those of the car transporter truck. I do not own it.

So, i would like to ask you if, in this shade of blue, the other neccecery parts exists (panels, flex rods, angle connectors.

As i cannot be certain of the exact shade of blue, i would need the reference of sets that use the same shade of blue parts.

I use photoshop to realize this picture, wich is hopefully the good shade of blue (tell me if i am wrong)

Here is what i would like to do:

ZXYlp2.jpg

xAJBdl.jpg

I also would like to realise a Tan color interrior. Does the panel use for seats exists in this color?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by steph77

About the current color: the way it looks to me ATM, I'd say it's closer to medium azure than to dark azure (in which the fenders exists). But if you compare reality and pictures of the blue car from 42098, the look of the color depends on the lighting. I mean on the official pictures the car looks much more blue than turquoise, but when you have the parts in your hands it's rather different.

To summarize: a little darker might be closer to reality, I assume.

A relatively easy way to find out if all needed parts exist in dark azure, could be (1) to import that LDD model into Studio - don't know how well this works though - (2) to colorize the respective parts (select the desired color, click on the brush icon on top of the color selector and click each part that needs to change color; you can also colorize whole submodels, by selecting the submodel and than clicking the desired color, but this will also change the color for pins, axles, etc. that are part of the submodel. I assume it can also work to select mutliple parts and then click on the desired color) and lastly (3) check the parts list in the model info dialogue window (reachable from the menu) for any exclamation marks, which identifies color "problems".

I can do that for you if you like, just point me to the LDD file after the upload worked.

1 hour ago, steph77 said:

I also would like to realise a Tan color interrior. Does the panel use for seats exists in this color?

Forgot 'bout this: No, the seat panels don't exist in tan, see Rebrickable for available colors

Ok for the tan parts.

For the rest it is not the virtual model that i want to change, but the real life model.

I'll have a try at rebrickable for searching the parts.

4 hours ago, steph77 said:

For the rest it is not the virtual model that i want to change, but the real life model.

I understood that, too. I just thought the described approach would be the easiest way to find out if the respective parts are available in dark azure or not.

Checking each part separately, to see if it's available in dark azure, looks like more work to me.

Hi guys,

I actually don't find anymore idea or theme to build on.

And when i am in this state of mind, i build helicopters.

Strange no?

New bird incoming: Huey MK2

cvj4PB.jpg

Xo7UgZ.jpg

This one will be manual, with a motorized stand in option.

My main question actually is the localization of the rotor command.

Not enough room to copy AW-169...

Edited by steph77

Welcome back. I look forward to seeing this project develop.

A lack of ideas generates Unimogs for me. Helicopters are more interesting. Keep it up.

Back on this project

Take 02

I spend last days to work on different fronts for this moc.

I prior worked on the design aspect, trying to ensure to keep a real inner space for this one, wich is the real deal when building functional helicopter. And I am still not satisfied actually. 

In order to make this goal I had to find some routing for the rotors commands. I first tried to locate them on front nex on the underside and I finaly get this conclusion that the only good position is on the rear tail (the orange joystick).

Note that actually both of collective cyclic and tail rotor are driven and connected to a command somewhere. But not where it is supposed to finally be.

So next step will be to put all those tricky thing in the right order. Easy to say, harder to do.

Here are some picture of that thing actually. As us military used to say about the Huey : 'What you see is what you get'

First: size comparison. The huey is a very lightweight model compared to the 169

pNo1lK.jpg

Rear engine housing (fake) and final joystick position. note that I am trying to realise the sliding door and for this reason I had to work with smaller panels size.

2xXRyd.jpg

The general skyline is slowly taking form

2YA6XO.jpg

Sorry for the pictures quality... New noze already done

V3VnBd.jpg

view of the interior. Still trying to empty this area. compared with my previous huey, this one is about 3/4 smaller...

7Rhrwf.jpg

Final overview for today. Uncontestably a huey. So much work to do...

w3BS9g.jpg

Steph.

Edited by steph77