steph77

Steph77's Moc corner - Porsche Nine-Eleven

1 hour ago, MangaNOID said:

just a really great tractor!

does the string do anything or is just for detail?

Thanks!

The string is just for detail.

As the tractor is designed to be also a stand alone model, it could be equiped with other attachements.

Maybe this one ;)

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-8830/MajklSpajkl/tractor-dump-trailer-for-claas-xerion-5000-trac-vc-42054-set/#comments

Here is the actual state of the WIP:

XUXhwn.jpg

I rebuild the trailer and managed to get all the wanted functions.

C8f3Z7.jpg

I spend lots of time on this build and then to critisize it and found some things that could be better:

For the tractor itself : it need ackerman steering absolutely. The medium motor struggle when wheels are turned especially in reverse speed. Have someone any idea on how to build this ackerman geometry in a setup where the steering rack is located in the front of the axle ?

For the trailor it is the cran's rotation who is impacted. Too desequilibrate and to much weight on the front of the turntable. Even if the crane rotate quiet well, it is not perfect at this time.

I also past a long time in cleening the inner chassis design of the tractor. The WIP becomes quiet final. I'll be back with good quality and detailed pictures in a later post.

EDIT

I forgot that: i have managed to get a full direction amplitude on this tractor: It needs to compact more and more the front end in order to get enough space for the wheels rotation. The front axle is pendular. The wheels rotate and tilt without any contact with the chassis. This point is one of the major issue solved this WE.

LviHWl.jpg

Steph

Edited by steph77

The only complain to tractor that I could give (despite knowing that it is not your guilt) is that front tires do not fit rear tires (different tread)

2 hours ago, steph77 said:

Any adress for third party tires?

Perhaps ficher technic 80mm cold be usefull? 

6 hours ago, fosamax said:

@I_igor.

You're right.

I found an online shop that may be easier to buy for steph77.

https://www.fischertechnikwebshop.com/en-gb/tractor-tyre-d80-106766-en-gb

shipping is estimated at 5.95 € to belgium for 4 tyres.

Good Find :wink:

6 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

I love those tires. They may look too small for this MOC though. 

I was looking (for a while) for 95mm tire, but then I decided to make tractor with equal tire size...

So, thanks for the links to these beautiful tires.

After looking at my model closely and made comparaison with real life picture I found out a big problem of proportion.

I first managed to implement an ackerman steering design for the front axle. The traction problem is now solved. the tractor can now embed front and rear tires from the Claas set.

Secondly I push the front axle by two studs to the front giving a longer wheelbase to the model.

Third I redesign the whole front end in order to lower the front trunk by two studs. here is the result:

P0KzRl.jpg

9Cwq5Z.jpg

This had for consequence that the tractor looks like smaller than previously, It is now in a middle weight category and it is ok for me

GYIyBF.jpg

In my previous post I told you about the inner design and optimization. Here are some pictures to show you that:

xT8KGN.jpg

As you can see there is not that much place in this chassis and it is due to the wheel size

6bnruv.jpgwMbSum.jpg

It is still more visible on the back side view. The chassis has a cross shape and it was difficult to find a way to place each and every electrical/mechanical component inside

To solve this the only way was to stack function one up the others and it results a disproportion in shape that I tend to solve now (sorry for the blury picture below)

9dhybO.jpgQn8Otr.jpg

What do you think about this mods?

S.

Edited by steph77

I must admit - very good battery placement solution; question is only weight distribution; isn't it a bit to heavy on that side where you put battery box?

thanks

10 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I must admit - very good battery placement solution; question is only weight distribution; isn't it a bit to heavy on that side where you put battery box?

thanks

Honestly no. I do not see any excessive weight on the right side.as I do not have suspensions (pendular front axle) and thanks to a rigid chassis I definitively have no problem with weight.

2 hours ago, steph77 said:

Honestly no. I do not see any excessive weight on the right side.as I do not have suspensions (pendular front axle) and thanks to a rigid chassis I definitively have no problem with weight.

My version is fully suspended, so I have this issue. Thanks Steph :thumbup:

I wish i was at least half as good as making bodywork.. I mostly make great chassis but the bodywork is iffy at best.. 
Gonna copy that rear fender design. Looks amazing!

I found the couple of hours I needed to produce this video:

Edited by steph77

Love how well it ended up! :wub:

What a neat idea to use as feature the normally undesired effect of gear propulsion operated claws! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for the video. It looks like everything works well. I like how the buckets tuck back into the trailer under power when not in use. Again, another great MOC.

New cab design. What do you think guys? I managed a proper entry with door, and credible ladder system. door closed:

35jXrs.jpg

Door open:

rRUrMO.jpg

Edited by steph77

Nice one, but actually this is something I didn't miss from the model. Can You post a full picture, doesn't the blacked out middle section retracts from the overall visual balance?

Thanks! Looks better, than I thought, love the outcome! :thumbup: