Here is a new thread were i'll post all my new creations from now.

I'll update this first post progressively with links to all the topics of my Mocs existing here on EB for more clearness . Pictures are linked too the respective topic

2012- BELL UH-1 HUEY

finalhr.jpg

2012- CRANE TRUCK

16752586.jpg

2013- PORSCHE 911

nnww.jpg

2014- HYDROPLANE

bxck.jpg

2014- MANUTENTION TRUCK

l72iw.jpg

2014- AMPLIROLL TRUCK

AtJwF1.jpg

2015- LMP1

o0OYkB.jpg

2015- TOWTRUCK

hlXeB4.png

2015- SUPERCAR

hCsDij.jpg

2015- SKYCRANE

1443614168-2015-0929-08a.jpg

2016- VOLVO TRACKED LOADER

bk13lK.jpg

2016- COASTGUARD MINI HELICOPTER

gkShsv.jpg

2016- PULLBACKROD

cl6wup.jpg

2016- PORSCHE 919 HYBRID

8TljNW.jpg

2016- VOLVO FH

Hri3Kg.jpg

2016- VOLVO HANDLER

K3GgHH.jpg

2016- FLATBED VAN

qxpEhn.jpg

2017- QUADBIKES

MfJfGo.jpg

2017- LAMBO MINICAR

H33Q56.jpg

2017- GARBAGE TRUCK

5sKwaW.jpg

2017- SHOPPER

YddquV.jpg

2017- SEMI DUMPTRUCK

7gjj7X.jpg

2017- VOLVO EXCAVATOR

XgZtkj.jpg

2018- FARMING TRACTOR

aQt2LF.jpg

2018- AW169

kFzuoD.jpg

2018- FORKLIFT

3ijZod.jpg

2018- ENDURO BIKE

Im7lm5.jpg

2018- VOLVO L250H

cSCGwF.jpg

This project is build and dedicated to my nest. I didn't see him that often, and we fix the rule that at each visit a new Moc will be there waiting him.

So here is this one. A simple wheeloader with manual drive and steer and a double two-way gearbox controlling the bucket and arm movement. This model is built in a full 100% technic style. No model team pretension here.

Main view:

fouqF1.jpg

I worked hard on keeping a correct width to it. It's really not easy considering the mechanics passing through the central articulation and considering the scale of the model.

I place a special attention to design part of the build. Here is a view of the driver's cab:

fIywnG.jpg

The first function is the direction of the model. It's classically based on a central articulation. A large new turntable is connected with: 20T/12T / manual knob on roof.

The turning radius is excellent. Note that initially the model had a pendular back suspension and I needed to lock it for better maneuverability. The weight on the back (BB) was a critical issue with pendular axle. 

wNsOFI.jpg

The model has a fake 5 inline engine with working fan. all this mechanics is accessible through a large openable bonnet

cqyhbS.jpg

jZHeu8.jpg

The main function are known and usual but not that simple to build, especially at this intermediate scale (the model fits to my helicopter and waste truck scale)

A Large PFS motor activate a double gearbox. the commands are on the right side  (theorange pieces) in accordance with Volvo's design and coloring

wOgsoZ.jpg

The main lifting is assumed by two small LA. This was the hardest part to connect with the articulation. Tricky game but perfectly functional (if not I wouldn't present it).

The bucket tilting is managed through a large LA and one 'Z' kinematics. The LA is connected to the gearbox via two universals joints.

Here are the maximum movement range:

4TcwA5.jpg

Kh9Wii.jpg

End words:

It took me 4 differents and successive models to get this result.

To realize this kind of model you better have (in this order) to check:

- articulation and gearbox design

- Front end design

- Arm movement design especially if you want to reproduce the Volvo Z linkage as this one does

- Be careful to concentrate all mechanics in the center of the model to keep proportions right

- have fun.

Steph.

Edit @jorgeopesi: post edited with full review

Edited by steph77

Great model, you really achieved Technic style on this one.

I guess the controls are used to switch between forward and backward per function?
Have you considered covering the grey rims, they are a bit out of colourscheme?

BTW: You might want to change your topic title :wink:

27 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

BTW: You might want to change your topic title :wink:

Oups. Thanks. 

Watching the pics I see a great work, is narrow, acurate and it has a realistic movement, a little short in the arm but enough for the small L.A.s.

1 minute ago, jorgeopesi said:

Watching the pics I see a great work, is narrow, acurate and it has a realistic movement, a little short in the arm but enough for the small L.A.s. 

You're right for the angle of the arm. This is however the best result I can have with the MLA, as the large LAS where totally out of scale.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Great model, you really achieved Technic style on this one.

I guess the controls are used to switch between forward and backward per function?
Have you considered covering the grey rims, they are a bit out of colourscheme?

a)Thanks,

b)Yes

c)And yes,

the wheel covering is something important but I do have only two large dish to achieve it and any yellow rim. Will see what to do.

It's awesome to see your models in one thread (perhaps I've already said that you are one of my favorite designers)

I agree. This thread brings me back to some of my favorite designs of you. Thanks for consolidating them here. I may need to do the same for my running thread.

Hi all,

Next project : one 4 axle truck. For this one i'll take  @grum's time notation.

Take 01 - Build time 3 hours

2YOAnc.jpg

Today i would like to submit to your opinion a few considerations about this moc.

It was at thirst idea a dedicated full RC moc. The basic design was:

- Ride and direction via servo and XL,

- Crane stabilizator  via M one motor

- Crane rotation via M motor

- Two sections arm (with hook) with extension via 2L and one M motor.

- Lifting bed via one L motor.

This is one classic setup for this kind of truck but i thought it could be different.

My reflexion is based on the idea that ride and direction is not neccessary a must have.

Since the truck is fully suspended with 4 live axles i found it was interresting to keep the direction and ride function in a manual way.

This way i could reserve more electrical functions for the crane and try to realise some arocs inspired crane, but with LA in stead of pneumatics.

What do you think about this setup idea. Does the manual ride and direction hurt your minds? do you have some instance of similar setup?

Thanks for your imput!

S.

Edited by steph77
tiping

Did you plan some specific marquee, or it is just generic truck?

I suppose that suspension system will have similarities with Arocs,

BTW; forgot to mention that I really like 2016- VOLVO TRACKED LOADER

21 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Did you plan some specific marquee, or it is just generic truck?

I suppose that suspension system will have similarities with Arocs,

I thought about a generic truck, M.A.N. inspired, low cab.

The suspention system is home made and very similar to arocs.

The picture show a very preliminary stage of development. It need to be enhanced a lot.

What about my setup problem? some idea?

4 minutes ago, steph77 said:

I thought about a generic truck, M.A.N. inspired, low cab.

The suspention system is home made and very similar to arocs.

The picture show a very preliminary stage of development. It need to be enhanced a lot.

What about my setup problem? some idea?

so far I did not see something a a problem with setup, I was just supposing that solution for rear tandem axles will be like on Arocs. when I finish ongoing 3 projects that I work on I plan 2 additional and one is a truck but I'm not sure if it will be M.A.N. or Volvo, but initial plan was Volvo tow truck 6 x 4 with dark azure color cab. what I know for myself it that I'll try to use 24 tooth differentials because I have some 20 of them (unused)...

Regards

31 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

so far I did not see something a a problem with setup, I was just supposing that solution for rear tandem axles will be like on Arocs.

My rear axle will not be like the Arocs. Tandem Wheel in front, single Wheel at the rear.

As i want to let a greater part than usual to manual stuff i was thinking to a multi use handle. A little bit like the key of the Chiron.

This handle could be use for:

- Lifting the rear axle

- Tilt the cab, like real trucks, with a two step mechanism that will (hopefully) open the front grid first and then tilt the cab for a 2 in1 function.

28 minutes ago, steph77 said:

My rear axle will not be like the Arocs. Tandem Wheel in front, single Wheel at the rear.

As i want to let a greater part than usual to manual stuff i was thinking to a multi use handle. A little bit like the key of the Chiron.

This handle could be use for:

- Lifting the rear axle

- Tilt the cab, like real trucks, with a two step mechanism that will (hopefully) open the front grid first and then tilt the cab for a 2 in1 function.

I can only say that I look forward to see development of your creation :classic:

3 hours ago, steph77 said:

For this one i'll take  @grum's time notation.

Oh dear. Best make sure that’s the only thing of mine you copy else you’ll end up in a world of chaos :sweet: 

The truck above is not dead, but i borrow a bit on it so here is my new WIP:

xyXKln.jpg

Full IR controled - 9 functions, 8 motors.

The tractor is nearly done, i am working on the details now. It features:

-Driving by M motor (with strong reduction) achieved

-Direction by PF servo achieved

-One L motor controling two functions (1 gearbox 2 ways installed) for lifting the 3 point rear Hitch and PTO1 achieved

-One M motor controling the second PTO achieved

The whole model is design around the tool (initialy used on the truck above). The tool as taken shape of a trailer with articulated crane.

The functions of the trailer (that is on WIP) are:

- 2x2 outriggers controled via the PTO2 of the tractor not not achieved

- Crane rotation controled by PTO1 of the tractor not achieved 100%

Then comes the functions controled by two IR receiver onboard of the trailer:

- Main lifting achieved

- Second articulation achieved

- Extending second articulation achieved

- Opening/close the bucket. achieved

Some more pictures:

hENs0U.jpg

The gearbox command to switch between 3 point Hitch and PTO is on the top of the ladder

lIOMb7.jpg

PF is not dead

Steph

Edited by steph77

Wonderful! Where did you place the Battery Box?

I like the chunky look of the tractor. The trailer can use a little more refinement, but the features are looking strong. Again, great (WIP) MOC.

Yummi, I like what I see! :thumbup:

Where I see improvement potentials:

The hood is a bit skeleton-ish, maybe gaps could be filled with system plates raising underneath the curved panel?

At the buckets I am sure it is geometrically perfect, but the 5.5L axle with the two connectors feels "filmsy" for action. I know probably they will not slide and separate, but an interlocking rod system would be nicer.

Very cute MOC, but I think that the rear windscreen should be moved towards the rear by 2 studs (the cabin is a tad short).

Thanks!

@Thirdwigg: here is the battery pack. I used it as dummy fuel tank: This allow me to place the four pf motors deep Inside the chassis and keep an overal design clear

n1S0X4.jpg

HQSgmU.jpg

@Lipko you are right for the cab dimension. On the upper pictures and below i move the rear windsreen back by one stud. I find it looks better now.

PPvp3q.jpg

And here is a closer view of the 3 point Hitch. I am happy because i managed to keep this area quiet clear of any bulky mechanism:

Y52inf.jpg

@agrof

I have covered the inner IR receiver with orange plates so the hole looks a little bit more filled. The main problem is the geometry of the Hood. But this geometry gives a strong Identity at the model:

zAyU3H.jpg

Steph.

Edited by steph77