Sign in to follow this  
ks6349

anyone ever bought base plates of other brands?

Looks like the base plates from other brands are of much better value than the original LEGO. Anyone ever tried those plates, are they just 90% as good as those made by orignial LEGO?

They are exactly the same thing as a LEGO one, minus the moulded LEGO on the studs.

I started off picking some up for a LEGO Club for kids, realised just how good quality and value they are and got myself some. 

In the end, they are just a layer to add stability to a build, as I cover them with LEGO plates entirely. 

10 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

They are exactly the same thing as a LEGO one, minus the moulded LEGO on the studs.

I started off picking some up for a LEGO Club for kids, realised just how good quality and value they are and got myself some. 

In the end, they are just a layer to add stability to a build, as I cover them with LEGO plates entirely. 

Why do you still buy LEGO plates if the copy is as good as the original LEGO plates? Is there anything otherwise than the moulded LEGO logo that the copy is not as good as the original one?

I am thinking on collide and scratch or drop , will it be easier to break out tiny plastic pieces

Oh, I mean, I get the baseplates from wherever, but the other layers that go on top, when I build a landscape or just a street scene; I use LEGO tiles and smaller plates. (Like a 4x4 plate etc) To me, a baseplate is like paper or backing board, something to put or make a creation on.

Yes, and I agree with @Peppermint_Mthey are no different to LEGO quality. They also come in a wider range of colours and sizes. I bought quite a few to stick on an ikea table to make the kids a (clone) LEGO table.