Sign in to follow this  
timemail

Hello, I'm Tim from Australia.

Hi - I'm Tim.

I don't think I technically went through a Dark Ages because I never really had Lego as a kid - though I was envious of those who did.

I started buying and building sets when I bought the ideas Ecto-1 for my nephew and wanted one of my own. I decided then I wanted to build Lego castles (and was deeply dissapointed when there were no sets).

From then I have been buying a few sets - Winter Village, some pop-culture (e.g. BTTF, Doctor Who, Scooby Doo), Ferrari and Large Star Wars sets (most recently UCS MF). I really only have a few Star Wars sets I want to come out (including UCS Star Destroyer and Super Star Destroyer) and then will probably be done with the theme.

Right now I am waiting patiently for Castle to come back and if it doesn't I will start buying some of the old sets. The UCS MF has taken a while for me to save for so I haven't had the money for other sets anyway.

I thought I would include my first MOC (if you can call it that) which was built following a gift from my daughter of a set of bricks (my first box of bricks not in a specific set). Fortunately she worked out what it was straight away. It probably isn't at the calbre for me to put it into licensed themes :wink: but hey, here it is. I am interested if anyone can work out what it is.

46038062511_fa0a9aa8a5_c.jpg

Edited by timemail

Welcome to Eurobricks! I'm glad too see another Aussie. What part do you come from?

Its great to have your own lego sets, so you don't have to envy ones who do!

Lemme have a guess, is it Dora the explorer? 

Welcome to Eurobricks, @timemail!

Is the moc of you?

You're not alone in wanting Castle to return but I fear that it may be a long wait yet. It's not looking good in 2019 for Castle so I'd dive into those old sets if I were you :classic:

On 11/25/2018 at 11:32 PM, leafan said:

You're not alone in wanting Castle to return but I fear that it may be a long wait yet. It's not looking good in 2019 for Castle so I'd dive into those old sets if I were you :classic:

Yeah - I will probably start doing that next year. Given I have a small Lego budget I will only be able to get a couple of sets a year. I really am hoping the line comes back but certainly not holding my breath for it. My memories of Lego (albeit other kid's Lego) was all about Space and Castle. Space never really interested me that much but it was a real shock to me when I realised that neither of these sets were around when I started collecting.

On 11/25/2018 at 7:49 PM, JarJarBonks said:

Welcome to Eurobricks! I'm glad too see another Aussie. What part do you come from?

I'm from SA.

For those of you waiting patiently on the answer to my masterpiece in the first post. The "MOC" is of Paddington Bear. Now I just need to work out how to submit it to Lego ideas. :laugh: