Henry Bricklider

(WIP) Cyberpunk City MOC

45118841945_5153f2b1d8_d.jpg

Hello everyone, I would like to present to you my Cyberpunk City MOC inspired by Ninjago City and envisioned after going to a local LEGO convention. I don’t have a cool name for the city yet. I would like to get this MOC finished by next summer. The buildings are modular-esque. The buildings currently include a grocery store, a garage, a Chinese restaurant, a police station and an ice cream parlor. I am not yet sure what other buildings I’ll put in this MOC. The police station is going to be two stories and I’ll have a second story of shops above the section with the ice cream parlor.  I am also not focusing on making interiors for these buildings even if there are some details inside.

32159810958_4634558218_d.jpg

44214965820_474950883c_d.jpg

45306500424_4fbf5b069e_d.jpg

45306500634_e3ed6a83f3_d.jpg

45306500574_dc6922c5a2_d.jpg

45980818472_53f40548b4_d.jpg

45980819652_7fa61bcf05_d.jpg

The next part of this MOC is a police cruiser. It is a modified version of the police car in 70802 Bad Cop’s Pursuit with swapped parts and substitutions. 

44214977560_8ac9ccfedf_d.jpg

45306511244_e24d052fb5_d.jpg

45306511314_bfa8fe9f91_d.jpg

The second vehicle build in this MOC is a transport truck. It is a heavily modified version of 7686 Helicopter Transporter. I am planning on adding a trailer of some sort to it.

32159866688_a2b32f2d8b_d.jpg

32159866748_3d8ce4c180_d.jpg

31091887297_db7e4bf467_d.jpg

That is all I have got so far. I hope you enjoy the progress so far. I have had a good time working on this MOC for the least few months and can’t wait to keep working on it.

Also, @leafan because he wanted to see this.

It's really good Henry.

I think it's like a futuristic Mos Eisley from Star Wars; filled with all sorts of shady characters and aliens.

I particularly like the futuristic Transport Truck.

I could see have a layer below this city as a criminal sewer hideout.

Thanks leafan,

Thanks. I didn’t think of it as a futuristic Mos Eisley, but since you mentioned, I can see it now and really like that. I too, like the Transport Truck. I might consider putting a layer below the city, it might be difficult considering the main build is built on base plates. Thanks for taking the time to check out my MOC.

59 minutes ago, Henry Bricklider said:

Thanks leafan,

Thanks. I didn’t think of it as a futuristic Mos Eisley, but since you mentioned, I can see it now and really like that. I too, like the Transport Truck. I might consider putting a layer below the city, it might be difficult considering the main build is built on base plates. Thanks for taking the time to check out my MOC.

Well if you decided to do it, a sewer level could have a larger circumference than your existing baseplates, then raise up to surround it providing a 'lip' of sorts. Then you could build sewer drains into the lip for entrance (and exits) for the people.

Just now, leafan said:

Well if you decided to do it, a sewer level could have a larger circumference than your existing baseplates, then raise up to surround it providing a 'lip' of sorts. Then you could build sewer drains into the lip for entrance (and exits) for the people.

That’s a pretty good idea. Thanks!

I am liking the looks of this! The mixed figures make for a good population that tells you it is a future world. 

Do you have plans to add lights of any kind to the build?

Also, you can connect baseplates to a lower layer of build:

99780.png Some of these need to be on the top of whatever makes up the bottom layer. Then any regular plate must be on top of it.

99781.png Some of these need to be on the baseplate, with a plates-width between them and the baseplate (so layer one under it). Put the baseplate over the lower build section and match these SNOT parts to the SNOT on the lower build, then it is a simple case of connecting them to keep them secure.

If you want, I can scratch build something on one of the building programmes to show what I mean.

24 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

I am liking the looks of this! The mixed figures make for a good population that tells you it is a future world. 

Do you have plans to add lights of any kind to the build?

Also, you can connect baseplates to a lower layer of build:

99780.png Some of these need to be on the top of whatever makes up the bottom layer. Then any regular plate must be on top of it.

99781.png Some of these need to be on the baseplate, with a plates-width between them and the baseplate (so layer one under it). Put the baseplate over the lower build section and match these SNOT parts to the SNOT on the lower build, then it is a simple case of connecting them to keep them secure.

If you want, I can scratch build something on one of the building programmes to show what I mean.

I wasn't planning on adding lights, but I might. I would very much appreciate if you did a quick MOC-up. I think I got the gist of it but a visual would help.

Oh I love It! I was actually going to say that it looks like it was inspired by Ninjago city before I read the caption so you got that across very well. also as for what Peppermint said, essentially a baseplate is the same thickness and a standard plate if you rest it on top of studs. so if you just set the baseplate on top of whatever you want to attach it to and place a regular plate right next to it then the studs of the baseplate will be level with the studs of the regular plate. I'll see if I can add a picture.

Edit: Sorry I'm having trouble uploading a pic but here's a link to it.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0mi8JYnDbL_HfcgXAX7Kde6pA

Edited by Nick Wolfe

1 hour ago, Nick Wolfe said:

Oh I love It! I was actually going to say that it looks like it was inspired by Ninjago city before I read the caption so you got that across very well. also as for what Peppermint said, essentially a baseplate is the same thickness and a standard plate if you rest it on top of studs. so if you just set the baseplate on top of whatever you want to attach it to and place a regular plate right next to it then the studs of the baseplate will be level with the studs of the regular plate. I'll see if I can add a picture.

Edit: Sorry I'm having trouble uploading a pic but here's a link to it.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0mi8JYnDbL_HfcgXAX7Kde6pA

I’m glad you like it. I really appreciate you giving a reference photo. If I do go ahead and make a “basement” level then I will certainly utilize this. Thanks a bunch!

I have rendered the build:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OqLfmqkpPVwEuuMpq-T8rZ0tt2ja1Lum

Hopefully that makes sense :grin:.

Baseplates are slightly out-of-system unless you go up from them, but with some SNOT and use of plates, then you can put them wherever you want. 

Of course, you need a few more around the build to keep it stable.

3 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I have rendered the build:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OqLfmqkpPVwEuuMpq-T8rZ0tt2ja1Lum

Hopefully that makes sense :grin:.

Baseplates are slightly out-of-system unless you go up from them, but with some SNOT and use of plates, then you can put them wherever you want. 

Of course, you need a few more around the build to keep it stable.

That makes sense to me. That’s a really awesome technique I did not know existed. Thank you for taking the time to render that to show me. :classic:

This is cool stuff, nice level of detail on your buildings, lively scene too. You have some very nice figure combos as well!

On 12/19/2018 at 11:21 AM, Exetrius said:

This is cool stuff, nice level of detail on your buildings, lively scene too. You have some very nice figure combos as well!

Thanks a bunch. I had a lot of fun just putting the minifigures together.

8 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Very well made ...this diorama reminds me the novels of William Gibson about cyberspace! 

I love the sushi bar and the orange truck!

Thank you for checking it out. I’m glad you like it.

It's looking pretty good

I wish there would be more Cyberpunk-ish LEGO minifigures, but you've done a great job with what we have 

:thumbup:

8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It's looking pretty good

I wish there would be more Cyberpunk-ish LEGO minifigures, but you've done a great job with what we have 

:thumbup:

Thanks! I too wish there was some cool prints in that style. I really wish there was some more space-themed civilian torsos and legs.