Kai NRG

Kaliphlin at Work - Day 18: Cleanup

Let's face it... not all jobs are glamorous, even in Kaliphlin.

45093676795_35fda89131.jpg

I enjoyed getting to use my sand green profile bricks on this build!  Also a bit of light aqua.  If you'd like to see the full build, there's a behind the scenes picture here.

C&C welcome!  This rounds out the Kaliphlin at Work collab, I hope you enjoyed getting to see more of the everyday life of our awesome guild!

Just now, W Navarre said:

And the poor guy only has one glove!  Hah, cool scene! 

It's not a glove, it's a hand that's been stuck in slime. :tongue:  Thanks!

Hilarious!  Great use of the wheel.  Love the dark brown carrots, too.  The textured wall is nice.  Great little vig!

Nice little scene, love the cart and the half stud offset wall. The wall looks like sand green to me, the light aqua isn't obvious?! Maybe it's my old eyes.

Nice little build and a great cartwheel. Thanks again for organizing this thing, it's been a blast!

haha nice one! :head_back: say, that's a normal jumper offset in the wall, isn't it? I really like how it looks :thumbup:

14 hours ago, Grover said:

Hilarious!  Great use of the wheel.  Love the dark brown carrots, too.  The textured wall is nice.  Great little vig!

Thanks Grover!  It's a pretty handy wheel, very medieval-looking.

9 hours ago, Basiliscus said:

Nice little scene, love the cart and the half stud offset wall. The wall looks like sand green to me, the light aqua isn't obvious?! Maybe it's my old eyes.

The light aqua (what little there is of it) is actually on the ground.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, adde51 said:

Nice little build and a great cartwheel. Thanks again for organizing this thing, it's been a blast!

Thanks adde!

5 hours ago, en_zoo said:

haha nice one! :head_back: say, that's a normal jumper offset in the wall, isn't it? I really like how it looks :thumbup:

Thank you!  Yep, that's a normal jumper.

27 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

The light aqua (what little there is of it) is actually on the ground.  Thanks!

Ah, now that you mention it I do see it. Obviously my eyes are terrible! Haha

Very nice, the cart and the wall look great! That guys expression is probably my favorite thing... :tongue:

On 11/23/2018 at 4:43 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Very nice, the cart and the wall look great! That guys expression is probably my favorite thing... :tongue:

Thanks, I knew it was the perfect face when I spotted it! :grin:

I enjoy that you did not use tan or dark tan in any appreciable amount in this build, despite it being in Kali. It is good to see that there is more to the guild than sand! The task of cleanup in any city is a daunting task, but I'm not sure this fellow is up to it, based on his reaction to the rat. I was not aware that the old rats came in brown (I've only seen light bley). I like your brick-built cart very much, as it does not look out of proportion to the figure - and carts are actually quite hard to make, as I found out in a recent build of my own. My one critique is that I don't like the outfit of the fig, as it seems a bit too modern for the scene (unless plaid button-ups are in vogue in Kali!). A fitting conclusion to the mess you Kaliphlinites have made of the forum lately with your sandstorm - now someone has to clean up all of the dirt...

Great job telling a story with just a single image.  I like your cart design, and appreciate the judicious use of texture, though I think I would have reversed the sand green and dark bley areas in the wall, as if the muck were piled up on the outer wall surface, cracking and falling away in some places.

19 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I enjoy that you did not use tan or dark tan in any appreciable amount in this build, despite it being in Kali. It is good to see that there is more to the guild than sand! The task of cleanup in any city is a daunting task, but I'm not sure this fellow is up to it, based on his reaction to the rat. I was not aware that the old rats came in brown (I've only seen light bley). I like your brick-built cart very much, as it does not look out of proportion to the figure - and carts are actually quite hard to make, as I found out in a recent build of my own. My one critique is that I don't like the outfit of the fig, as it seems a bit too modern for the scene (unless plaid button-ups are in vogue in Kali!). A fitting conclusion to the mess you Kaliphlinites have made of the forum lately with your sandstorm - now someone has to clean up all of the dirt...

:laugh:  Thanks Henjin!  I think the brown ones are considerably older, although I have more of them.  Good point about the outfit, I've always had mixed opinions about using that in a medieval setting. 

11 hours ago, The Stad said:

Great job telling a story with just a single image.  I like your cart design, and appreciate the judicious use of texture, though I think I would have reversed the sand green and dark bley areas in the wall, as if the muck were piled up on the outer wall surface, cracking and falling away in some places.

That's a great idea with the reversal of colors for the wall.  A lack of sand green jumpers would have made that slightly tricky, but not impossible... I may have to try it sometime.  Thanks!

Great scene, I always love when people build the less glamorous side of the setting :thumbup:

Good details overall also, although I’m not too fond of the choice of minifig parts.

:laugh: I was just looking at that head the other day, thinking it would be a great expression for the right scene, and this is a perfect example :thumbup:
Excellent wall technique, and the not fully attached tiles for the street also fit well here.

Just wait until he spots the giant spider behind his cart! :roflmao:

On 11/30/2018 at 1:07 PM, Gideon said:

Great scene, I always love when people build the less glamorous side of the setting :thumbup:

Good details overall also, although I’m not too fond of the choice of minifig parts.

Thanks Gideon!  Yeah, not the best choice of outfit...

6 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

:laugh: I was just looking at that head the other day, thinking it would be a great expression for the right scene, and this is a perfect example :thumbup:
Excellent wall technique, and the not fully attached tiles for the street also fit well here.

Just wait until he spots the giant spider behind his cart! :roflmao:

That spider is huge, practically head-sized. :laugh:  But then, LEGO apples are almost head size too. :tongue: Thanks!