PusH

Angled SNOT Challenge

Good day Folks,

Brand new to the forums and in need of some collective brainpower as mine seems to be dwindling at the moment. Also if this is in the wrong section please let me know as I was unable to find a weekly/monthly build challenge of sorts.

I am looking to achieve the following:

45992145671_9b3f094a01.jpg

The main requirement is the need to butt the edge of the plate against the rail so that the bottom edge of the plate is within the divot of the rail/slide.

• You can use any plate (longer or wider) as long as it faces down and must use the plate with slide/rail vertically.
  • Looking for a configuration to connect these two pieces at a decent angle (as close to 15 degrees as possible but does not need to be exact).

Let the fun begin.

Hi Push - welcome to EB!

Does the rail need to have the studs in that orientation, or can they be to the inside of the plate?

Unless there's some serious geometry beyond the rail, that's going to be nigh on impossible. Anything that I can think of would introduce offsets that require some extra surface area to actually plug on the bricks or insert them in a different way to begin with.

Mylenium

Really it all comes down to the room you have "inside" your model. Even tricky offsets are doable with bars & holes, but it requires room.

An example of where it is going would be useful. Are you constrained at all by height, for example? I can think of some solutions, but it would make it quite high and also extend outside of the rail as drawn. If it has to be minimal and contained within the volume drawn, it is unlikely.

One possibility is to use two 1x1 brackets and a 1x plate or tile to connect them. You can experiment with the spacing to get the angle you need, and do it at either end of the plate for stability.

31075545587_5ba8d56763_z.jpg

45102814095_8e5f247178_z.jpg

Wow, thanks for the responses. There is definitely some room to work with. And yes the rail/slide can be vertically flipped, if that really makes a difference.

You can assume the following based on the photo below:

• Any vertical space between the bottom of the rail/slide and 4 plates directly above.
  • Any space within the height above at center and reaching over to approximately 6 studs wide on the angled plate.

The pic isn't exactly clear on the angles but basically anything this inside this right angled triangle formed by the angled plate and the vertical portion (feel free to change the vertical too)

45986074982_f2bbe95fb5.jpg