Hi!

I bought a Boost last week and struggle with paring the Boost with my Samsung S9. Have tried to pair with a Sony XZ tablet as well. 
When I open the bluetooth menu on my phone or tablet I can see the Boost appear there, but not when I try to pair using the app.

Any suggestions?

Hi.

The BLE protocol used by BOOST and Powered Up doesn't use the pairing mechanism of conventional Bluetooth. Just in case, close the Bluetooth menu and disable and re-enable bluetooth on your device before starting the LEGO App.

It is indeed Bluetooth Low Energy and works differently / not from the Bluetooth classic menu. 

For debugging problems please install Nordic nRF Connect App and put it in SCAN mode, it should show your BOOST Hub and you should succeed connecting through it. If not, there is some hardware or software problem on your Android preventing you from connecting to the BOOT Hub.

Hi,

Initially, I also had some issues pairing Boost with tablet and PC.

For me it worked well this way:

- turn on bluetooth on phone/tablet/PC

- turn on boost hub but don't pair with your device

- start app on your device and establish connection there

For me it works every time.

I have a similar problem. I can connect via BT but when I start the program boost disconnects. I have tried with iPad and iPhone. Both have Bluetooth low energy and when working with the other device I disabled the other device so ensure no interference. 

Any ideas?

Solved: I read that long pressing (10s) resets the Boost-Controller. Then I pressed the button even longer while the LEGO@BOOST app on my tablet tries to connect. That brings you to some firmware update mode.(in my case from version 1.0.00.0000 to 2.0.00.0017). After this update, both Android tablets did no longer reconnect after first connection and everything works fine.

What I did not understand: Even during the firmware update the connection was sometimes lost. It took many tries until the update was done. I tried many many different positions and distances of controller and tablet. Don
t know, what I did to let it finally work.

Maybe also of interest: We have the Standard BOOST (17101) and the StarWars BOOST (75253) edition. The controller looks exactly the same, but problems occured only in the StarWars edition. Nevertheless, the StarWars edition is much more fun!