DK_Titan

[MOC] The LEGO Castle of Captain Sabertooth

The Castle of Captain Sabertooth is our contribution to a larger Captain Sabertooth (Kaptein Sabeltann) layout built by Scandinavian AFOLs.

The whole layout will be on display at LEGO World Copenhagen, Denmark next year.

Illuminated using the Brickstuff lighting system, which can be seen in the YouTube video below.

The Castle of Captain Sabertooth

Edited by DK_Titan

How come this topic didn’t receive any replies?! This is incredible! I really like some details like the thread link bridge, the entry which I guess was inspired by @Barthezz Brick... :wink: But the whole thing is really impressive, the roof, the tower on the top and everything else! Also, it’s great to se you got a Flickr account, I think there will be more people replying to this topic if you also post the photo... :classic: Anyway, amazing stuff, keep it up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

15 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

How come this topic didn’t receive any replies?! This is incredible! I really like some details like the thread link bridge, the entry which I guess was inspired by @Barthezz Brick... :wink: But the whole thing is really impressive, the roof, the tower on the top and everything else! Also, it’s great to se you got a Flickr account, I think there will be more people replying to this topic if you also post the photo... :classic: Anyway, amazing stuff, keep it up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you LegoModularFan. Yes the entry are inspired by Barthezz Bricks version.

I'll add the photo from Flickr to the 1st post.

11 hours ago, Cousarmy0001 said:

I've had family over, and haven't had a chance to really look at it.  I'll have something later on.

Take your time :-)

5 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

This looks amazing! Great job!

Thanks

It's a bit strange building, a kind of tower with a 'house' on it?
But it looks realy cool. I like the shape, the colorscheme and all those details. Also the cannons on the roof (roof itself is great too) and the little stairs cut out of the rocks looks great.

Also the little white details ... looks cool, but ... what is it??? I've never seen it. Want some of those for on my truck :wink:

19 hours ago, neonic said:

It's a bit strange building, a kind of tower with a 'house' on it? It is more or less this way that the castle is illustrated in the children book.
But it looks realy cool. I like the shape, the colorscheme and all those details. Also the cannons on the roof (roof itself is great too) and the little stairs cut out of the rocks looks great. Thanks.

Also the little white details ... looks cool, but ... what is it??? I've never seen it. Want some of those for on my truck :wink: It's from various Ninjago sets from 2016 and one from 2017. (LEGO Design 23985)

Sorry, I didn't know it was inspired from some existing thing. I never heard of it so ... I thought you made it up :wink:
Like I said, really cool, espacially the color/details combination.

And thanks for the link of that weird skeleton thing :classic: I found it on Bricklink, and gonna see where I can order them, together with the rest of the parts for my car. It only has a little disadvantage ... I've found even more cool stuff I want haha

So just saw this on the front page , and immediately thought of this :

(Card from Hearthstone PC/Mobile game)

blackhowl-gunspire-hd-300x429.png

I know it's not the same, but the cannons and architecture still reminded me of it.

Very nice build indeed, and the rocky terrain looks menacing in a good way.

Edited by TeriXeri

Holy moly, this is incredible! Fantastic job. I love the colors.

Fantastic!  No idea how this got so little attention last year!  The lighting is really well done, as is basically every bit of the design. The main entrance is grand, the color choices are great, and both the brick/stone work as well as timber details on the castle are absolutely beautiful.  Great build!  :sweet:

On 6/14/2019 at 12:15 PM, TeriXeri said:

So just saw this on the front page , and immediately thought of this :

(Card from Hearthstone PC/Mobile game)

blackhowl-gunspire-hd-300x429.png

I know it's not the same, but the cannons and architecture still reminded me of it.

Very nice build indeed, and the rocky terrain looks menacing in a good way.

On 6/14/2019 at 5:04 PM, KotZ said:

Holy moly, this is incredible! Fantastic job. I love the colors.

21 hours ago, iammac said:

This was a worthy bump. Fantastic details!

MAC

14 hours ago, deraven said:

Fantastic!  No idea how this got so little attention last year!  The lighting is really well done, as is basically every bit of the design. The main entrance is grand, the color choices are great, and both the brick/stone work as well as timber details on the castle are absolutely beautiful.  Great build!  :sweet:

Thanks. I was pleasantly surprised to see this as frontpage news after so long time. I can see the resemblance with the card TeriXeri - thanks for sharing.

Man, this build is utterly amazing! I definitely dig the details and the colors, they're really great! And love the usage of the skull piece from indiana jones line at the rocky stairway path. Also the cave is illuminated quite cozily!

This is just incredible! :thumbup:  

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

I have seen this build at Lego World Copenhagen this year.

It was beautiful. The water was marvelous, landscape was perfect, houses and castle were great. :wub:

This deserves the post at the front page.

Keep up the good work.  :thumbup:

On 6/15/2019 at 9:39 PM, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

Man, this build is utterly amazing! I definitely dig the details and the colors, they're really great! And love the usage of the skull piece from indiana jones line at the rocky stairway path. Also the cave is illuminated quite cozily!

This is just incredible! :thumbup:  

On 6/16/2019 at 2:16 PM, Gunman said:

Sweet moc.... amazing :wub:

On 6/16/2019 at 9:23 PM, coinoperator said:

This is &%^$^%^ beautyfull
what a job, wow

On 6/16/2019 at 9:58 PM, Rockstaremcee said:

giphy.gif

This is amazing!

On 6/17/2019 at 8:50 AM, sander1992 said:

I have seen this build at Lego World Copenhagen this year.

It was beautiful. The water was marvelous, landscape was perfect, houses and castle were great. :wub:

This deserves the post at the front page.

Keep up the good work.  :thumbup:

Thanks all. I'm glad that some of you also saw it in Copenhagen. Wednesday and Sunday was the only day I was at LW2019 in Copenhagen, as I had to work.

Whoa... giant MOC, and impressively detailed. It's a somewhat whimsical design, which I fully understand, and it stands out all the more for it. Good work.

Oh boy! An impressive built with fine details,

Love the color selection also,

Nice job,