Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG 2.0

On 11/7/2019 at 12:31 AM, samurai-turtle said:

If I could use this guy, I would appreciate it but I am flexible to using one of the premade guys. 

super-battle-droid-square.png 

Tester-Two (samurai-turtle) 
One Cycle, Genderless, War Bot {robotic} 
Vitality: 6/6  
Strength: 2 
Skill: 1 
Smarts: 1 
Spirit: 1 
Proficiencies: Technology 1,  Long Range Weapons 1, Piloting 1, 
Credits: 10 
Equipment: Standard Arm Cannon (+1, Long Range Energy Weapon), Standard Metallic Exoskeleton (+1 Kinetic Armor) 
Inventory: Shield Booster 

I am still confused by this point system you are using @Waterbrick Down. If I am calculating things right the above character used nine points and I have one left over for something. 

Your character actually only has spent 2 points thus far to increase Strength from 1 to 2. The rest of the stats are still at their starting level (i.e. 1), you spend creation points to either increase those stats past 1, increase your starting proficiencies, or increase your vitality.

On 11/7/2019 at 12:31 AM, samurai-turtle said:

I do have an idea for the battle grid, maybe label it like Battleship example A2 attacks C3. 

This is more of a story idea I had for some time. Since it seems the game is heading into space the name/theme for Blacktron goes by the name Battle Electronics. What I have in mind for "Battle Electronics" is a Weapons Dealer selling stuff to anyone and everybody, or Sell to both sides of a conflict. I guess what Destro (from G.I. Joe) the owner of Mars Industry would be doing, like from the first live action movie. Plus, the enemies of "Battle Electronics" might give them the nickname "Blacktron" in an attempt to insult them. 

Yep, when I post the battle grid there will be numbers and letters. Regarding Blacktron, I think taking existing factions and putting our own spin on them would be great.

Samurai-turtle
Endgame
Kintober
KotZ

I'd like 2 more if possible. We've also may have potential for a few settings shots thanks to a generous builder, @Chromeknight, who's currently helping me out.

29 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Samurai-turtle
Endgame
Kintober
KotZ

I'd like 2 more if possible. We've also may have potential for a few settings shots thanks to a generous builder, @Chromeknight, who's currently helping me out.

I am interested in playing, but I find the rules to be rather complicated and confusing - I am not even sure how to create my character (I would probably need a pre-made one). 😐

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Your character actually only has spent 2 points thus far to increase Strength from 1 to 2. The rest of the stats are still at their starting level (i.e. 1), you spend creation points to either increase those stats past 1, increase your starting proficiencies, or increase your vitality.

Ok, I think I am it getting better. But a question on "Smarts" if I go from a 'one' to 'two', how many more "Proficiencies" would I be able to to add? 

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Ok, I think I am it getting better. But a question on "Smarts" if I go from a 'one' to 'two', how many more "Proficiencies" would I be able to to add? 

2. Everyone starts with 3 and the capacity to buy a 4th with points. After that you’ll need to buy a 2nd Smart to start a 5th proficiency.

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am interested in playing, but I find the rules to be rather complicated and confusing - I am not even sure how to create my character (I would probably need a pre-made one). 😐

You’re welcome to join. Are there any particular parts that are more confusing than others? As the rules are refined, it’s always good to have feedback on how to state things more clearly.

If you cannot fill the two slots I will participate.  Just consider me a final option.  I also have no character preference.

16 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Everyone starts with 3 and the capacity to buy a 4th with points. After that you’ll need to buy a 2nd Smart to start a 5th proficiency. 

Just so I get everything (before I make Tester-Three :wink:), I would start with three proficiencies, then to get a fourth one I would need to "buy" it. And then to get a fifth one I would first need to "upgrade" smarts to "level two". And just out of curiosity if I would want to get a sixth proficiencies, would I need to "upgrade" smarts again? 

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Just so I get everything (before I make Tester-Three :wink:), I would start with three proficiencies, then to get a fourth one I would need to "buy" it. And then to get a fifth one I would first need to "upgrade" smarts to "level two". And just out of curiosity if I would want to get a sixth proficiencies, would I need to "upgrade" smarts again? 

Correct and correct

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Correct and correct

Alright time for Tester-Three :grin:  And I think I used the 10 points. 

super-battle-droid-square.png 

Tester-Three (samurai-turtle) 

One Cycle Old, Genderless, War Bot {Robotic} 

Vitality: 6/6 

Strength: 2 

Skill: 1 

Smarts: 2 

Spirit: 1 

Proficiencies: Technology 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Piloting 1, Perception 1, Engineering 1, 

Credits: 10 

Equipment: Standard Arm Cannon (+1, Long Range Energy Weapon), Standard Metallic Exoskeleton (+1 Kinetic Armor) 

Inventory: Shield Booster 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Spelling