Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars RPG - Game Development

6 hours ago, CMP said:

whatever magical barrier points.

Why not "hokey religion and ancient weapons" points?

I generally agree with the idea of a person being able to choose which one stat they want to grow when they level up (I really don't think SP should be one of those stats though, because unless it works quite differently than in Heroica, SP is just too overpowered). But CMP raises a fair point too. Though raising the stats by 3s early on would have the effect that level 10s would be quite far removed from level 1s.

As far as job traits (or abilities, rather) are concerned, I was just thinking that maybe they can be gifted to people as they go on quests. Like the QM decides to give players an ability based on the skills they used in the quest, or all the heroes on the quest get one pre-determined ability.

Oh, by the way, I doubt I will be very active in any Heroica 2.0, so like Flipz before me, take my advice with a grain of salt...or pepper, or any spice of your taste.

On 11/25/2018 at 11:04 AM, Palathadric said:

I generally agree with the idea of a person being able to choose which one stat they want to grow when they level up (I really don't think SP should be one of those stats though, because unless it works quite differently than in Heroica, SP is just too overpowered). But CMP raises a fair point too. Though raising the stats by 3s early on would have the effect that level 10s would be quite far removed from level 1s.

As far as job traits (or abilities, rather) are concerned, I was just thinking that maybe they can be gifted to people as they go on quests. Like the QM decides to give players an ability based on the skills they used in the quest, or all the heroes on the quest get one pre-determined ability.

Raising the stats by 3s is a bit too much. Two? One? those could work.

Maybe use both for job traits? People can unlock them/level them and/or be given them from a quest, especially if the game has been running for a time and it's a party of new players. It could make them a bit more equal with the people who have been around.

On a side note, I went back home for the holiday (all my LEGO was put away unfortunately) and I was really anxious to try to put minifigures together for a kind of concept of how it would look and feel.

On November 23, 2018 at 5:08 PM, CMP said:

Surprised to find another Starfinder fan here Kintobor. :laugh: It's pretty much my tabletop of choice. :grin:

I've glossed through the rulebook and setting and I was kind of smitten with Paizo's take on pretty much everything. Starfinder's tone is what Heroica 2.0 should strive for: it needs to be able to fill a bunch of different themes but still be believable as a single setting. 

Also, we need a name that isn't Heroica 2.0. Have Heroica 2.0 be the subtitle or something, please. :laugh:

I'll add a bit more to my proposal for the positions of Loremaster, Referee, and Plot Member, since my initial intent with it was to address a few issues from Heroica: mainly QM burnout. With a rotating cast for Referee and Plot Member, we don't need to worry about a scenario where a theoretical sole person who orchestrates the game's story and lore doesn't retire unexpectedly for personal, yet understandable reasons, wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean, say it no more. :wink: 

It also allows different QMs to take a shot at running a major story arc that has long lasting effects on the campaign. One group of QMs might decide to have an alien empire arrive at the edge of the galaxy. Who are they and what do they want? Another group of QMs might decide to reveal a new series of undiscovered planets in need of exploration, with initial scans revealing new lifeforms and rich resource deposits. What, or whom, is on those planets, and which organizations and factions have an interest in them? Perhaps an ancient evil that was once forgotten has returned! What is it's plan and who's standing up to stop it? All different ideas different groups of QMs can try out. If you don't like one major arc, the next one might be more up your alley. 

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I know it's gone a little quiet lately, but I hope to do some Figbarfing and rules work this weekend for Heroica 2.0. Stay tuned

Finals are coming up so I haven't had a great deal of time to mess around with rules stuff myself, but I did come up with a really basic concept of how a class might look.

GUARDIAN
These valiant space knights are the shield of their party, protecting and inspiring with their presence.

Health Points: 10/10
Armor Points: 10/10
Might: 1
Skill: 1
Initiative: +1
Equipment: Guardians wield close and mid range weapons like blades, bludgeons, polearms, shotguns, and small arms.
Class Traits: Diplomacy, Fortitude, Tactician
Combat Actions:

Attack – The hero can attempt to hit an enemy with their weapon, dealing damage.
Protect – The hero can attempt to protect an ally or themselves from damage they might take.
Rally – The hero can attempt to rally an ally, improving their combat capabilities.

And that would be basically everything for each class. Somewhere else are class trait descriptions and combat actions such as the following:

ATTACK
The hero attempts to hit an enemy with their weapon, dealing damage to the enemy. The success of the roll determines how much, if any, damage is dealt. Any hero may attempt the attack action.

FLAWLESS STRIKE: The hero lands a perfect hit, attacking with strength equal to their weapon power added to five times their might stat. (e.g. WP 3 + might 1 x 5 = 8 damage)
CRITICAL HIT: The hero lands a decisive blow, attacking with strength equal to their weapon power added to twice their might stat. (e.g. WP 3 + might 1 x 2 = 5 damage)
HIT: The hero attacks with strength equal to their weapon power added to their might stat. (e.g. WP 3 + might 1 = 4 damage)
GRAZE: The hero only barely hit their target with strength equal to their weapon power only. (e.g. WP 3 = 3 damage)
MISS: The hero misses their target.
WEAPON FAILURE: The hero misses their target, and their weapon becomes inoperable for the next round.

PROTECT
The hero attempts to protect an ally or themselves by granting them the Protected effect. This effect grants the target a layer of hit points that takes hits before it can affect the target. This effect lasts until the start of the next hero round. The success of the roll determines the strength of the Protected effect. The Protected effect only functions against direct attacks from enemies. Guardians begin play with the protect action.

UNBROKEN DEFENSE: The hero unyieldingly protects the target from enemy attacks, granting them the Protected effect with a value equal to twice their current armor points. (e.g. AP 10 x 2 = Protected: 20 to target)
STEADFAST PROTECT: The hero easily protects the target from enemy attacks, granting them the Protected effect with a value equal to their current armor points (e.g. AP 10 = Protected: 10 to target)
PROTECT: The hero protects the target from enemy attacks, granting them the Protected effect with a value equal to half their current armor points, rounded down, minimum 1. (e.g. AP 10 / 2 = Protected: 5 to target)
FALTERING PROTECT: The hero struggles to protect the target from enemy attacks, granting them the Protected effect with a value equal to a quarter of their current armor points, rounded down, minimum 1. (e.g. AP 10 / 4 = Protected: 2 to target)
NO PROTECT: The hero fails to protect anyone.
RECKLESS PROTECT: The hero is so desperate to protect the target that they leave themselves open to attack. The hero fails to protect anyone, and is afflicted with the Targeted effect until the start of the next hero round.

RALLY
The hero attempts to rally an ally, improving their combat capabilities by granting them the Encouraged effect. This effect grants the target a bonus to their might stat. This effect lasts until the start of the next hero round. The success of the roll determines the strength of the Encouraged effect. The hero cannot rally themselves. Guardians begin play with the rally action.

INSPIRING SPEECH: The hero’s words inspire the entire party, granting all allies but themselves the Encouraged effect with a value equal to twice their skill stat. (e.g. Skill 1 x 2 = Encouraged: 2 to all allies)
SPURRING RALLY: The hero’s rally stirs the ally, granting them the Encouraged effect with a value equal to twice their skill stat. (e.g. Skill 1 x 2 = Encouraged: 2 to ally)
RALLY: The hero rallies the ally, granting them the Encouraged effect with a value equal to their skill stat. (e.g. Skill 1 = Encouraged: 1 to ally)
BLUNT RALLY: The hero’s rally is stark and straightforward, granting their ally the Encouraged effect with a value equal to half their skill stat, rounded down, minimum 1. (e.g. Skill 1 / 2 = Encouraged: 1 to ally)
NO RALLY: The hero fails to rally anyone.
BLEAK OUTLOOK: The hero’s dour, bleak appraisal of the situation grip their ally with fear. The hero fails to rally their ally, and the target is instead afflicted with the Shaken effect with a value equal to half their skill stat, rounded down, minimum 1, until the start of the next hero round.

Split power into might (for attacks and offensive actions) and skill (for non-offensive actions). Instead of multiplying WP, more powerful attacks multiply might...I think a hero's stats should have more impact than their weapons, personally. Initiative I figure can just be a modifier for a d6 roll. I'm thinking that different classes might have a few different forms of defense, assuming we go with my defense idea, anyway. (Psychic barrier for magic classes, energy shields for classes lighter on their feet, etc).

Really rough concept but there it is.

5 hours ago, Kintobor said:

I've glossed through the rulebook and setting and I was kind of smitten with Paizo's take on pretty much everything. Starfinder's tone is what Heroica 2.0 should strive for: it needs to be able to fill a bunch of different themes but still be believable as a single setting. 

Also, we need a name that isn't Heroica 2.0. Have Heroica 2.0 be the subtitle or something, please. :laugh:

Made this years ago when I realized how much fun creating banners was. :tongue: Think we could all do better now, but damn if I wasn't proud of working the classic space logo in there.

45203487505_c2ae566506_o.png

5 hours ago, CMP said:

Made this years ago when I realized how much fun creating banners was. :tongue: Think we could all do better now, but damn if I wasn't proud of working the classic space logo in there.

That's a great banner and the mixing of Heroica and Classic Space logo is perfect. I remember years back I pitched the subtitle "Adventure Among the Stars" or something. I think something similar would be cool to include.

41 minutes ago, KotZ said:

That's a great banner and the mixing of Heroica and Classic Space logo is perfect. I remember years back I pitched the subtitle "Adventure Among the Stars" or something. I think something similar would be cool to include.

Yes, you did. In fact, the baseline was "Glory Amongst the Stars". I remember because I also made a logo way back then and used your baseline :tongue: .

45207435325_d511332d66_z.jpg

Those banners.:wub_drool: Thanks for roughing out an example class, CMP, that's pretty much what I had in mind as well. Aside from expanding on that for all the rest of the "classes", I think we need to at some point discuss the magic system. In Heroica RPG, magic simply worked like a weapon with ammo. The Spellcasting job trait allowed for some variety outside of combat, but other than that, the main goal of any spell caster was to acquire all of the gems. Once they had them, there really wasn't any difference between one mage and another. I think in the end, the ether system simply didn't work. High level spell casters almost never ran out of ether. There was never the weight of whether or not one should use magic or should reserve it for a more dire situation.

On a completely different note, setting idea: 500-1000 years after Heroica RPG. Olegaia has been made nearly uninhabitable, residents fled the planet through the gate under Eubric to the city of Anámesa a portal between worlds and have built new lives for themselves living among the much more technologically advanced cultures and worlds of the known universe. Here a new organization was born out of the roots of Heroica Hall and from it, heroes once more offered their aid throughout the worlds.

Cosmological wise, I'm a little reticent to go full on planets. While I like the D&D spelljammer concept of planes, I think it'd be cool if we had our own unique interconnected cosmology. Current ideas are the solar system (real life/most sci-fi), world tree (Norse mythology), world tortoise (Asian mythology), wheel (D&D).

5 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Those banners.:wub_drool: Thanks for roughing out an example class, CMP, that's pretty much what I had in mind as well. Aside from expanding on that for all the rest of the "classes", I think we need to at some point discuss the magic system. In Heroica RPG, magic simply worked like a weapon with ammo. The Spellcasting job trait allowed for some variety outside of combat, but other than that, the main goal of any spell caster was to acquire all of the gems. Once they had them, there really wasn't any difference between one mage and another. I think in the end, the ether system simply didn't work. High level spell casters almost never ran out of ether. There was never the weight of whether or not one should use magic or should reserve it for a more dire situation.

On a completely different note, setting idea: 500-1000 years after Heroica RPG. Olegaia has been made nearly uninhabitable, residents fled the planet through the gate under Eubric to the city of Anámesa a portal between worlds and have built new lives for themselves living among the much more technologically advanced cultures and worlds of the known universe. Here a new organization was born out of the roots of Heroica Hall and from it, heroes once more offered their aid throughout the worlds.

Cosmological wise, I'm a little reticent to go full on planets. While I like the D&D spelljammer concept of planes, I think it'd be cool if we had our own unique interconnected cosmology. Current ideas are the solar system (real life/most sci-fi), world tree (Norse mythology), world tortoise (Asian mythology), wheel (D&D).

I think a world tree idea seems pretty in-line with Heroica. I like the idea of the space theme leading directly out of the original game. I wonder if one of the more mystical locations like Etheria can be used as a jumping off point?

I think having a more specialized magic system could be interesting. Having a magic-based skill tree could be complex, but would help to diversify characters. 

47 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

I think having a more specialized magic system could be interesting. Having a magic-based skill tree could be complex, but would help to diversify characters. 

Magic is either simple (i.e. heroica) where the only variety is the element of damage or through the usage of scrolls, or complex with set spells.

28 minutes ago, Khorne said:

Yes, you did. In fact, the baseline was "Glory Amongst the Stars". I remember because I also made a logo way back then and used your baseline :tongue: .

45207435325_d511332d66_z.jpg

That's a cool banner as well!

24 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

For magic, making battles challenging for spellcasters was challenign because they essentially had unlimited ether after a certain point, and all magic basically used only one point it felt like. As The Legonator mentions below, a skill-tree would help diversify, and it also seems like a way to make classes easier. Say there's three or so basic classes (I'm pulling from Destiny and Dragon Age for this), and then the subclasses/abilities really make players different. They could be jack of all trades, master of none or specialize into a specific subset.

12 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

I think a world tree idea seems pretty in-line with Heroica. I like the idea of the space theme leading directly out of the original game. I wonder if one of the more mystical locations like Etheria can be used as a jumping off point?

I like the idea of Heroica 2.0 being a continuation of Heroica instead of a completely new setting. It can serve as a great way for vets to world build, see descendents, in-jokes, etc. And newcomers won't feel the need to read up on Heroica but can if they want. Personally, I would love full planets, and even if we start the game without them, it'd be pretty easy to add them in.

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Eh. I'd rather let Olegaia and old Heroica be and start over somewhere else from scratch. They got their happy ending, let them keep it. I think it'd be a downer of an ending if 500-1000 years later Olegaia just up and gets destroyed. :shrug_confused: D&D has several different "campaign settings", why not look at this new game as a new campaign setting? Why add more baggage that puts a barrier between new players? Historica gets that complaint all the time, lets not get into the same issue it does.

Using the portal to bring in old characters? That I'm totally down for. There's a couple of NPCs who I think could make for excellent callback characters. Perhaps have Anámesa as a stand-in/shout out to the city of Sigil and have our version of it branch off into different "campaign settings", and one of them is this new one.

As for the cosmology, I'd prefer a solar system. We cap off the amount of planets in the "core" solar system, and anyone who wants to go outside it goes into "wild space", or uncharted territory. That's not to say we can't take influence from other cosmologies: perhaps the main city the game takes place in is on the back of a "world tortoise". 

I think the setting and overall tone is where we're going to find the most pushback, and nailing the tone is going to be the second most critical part to this game's success, next to the combat overhaul. Frankly speaking, if I don't like the campaign setting or pitch, I don't play in it. 

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The alternative to the static skill stat I considered was an ether-like energy stat that every class had: sort of a universal resource, instead of a handful classes having ether. Rather than scaling abilities based on skill, you'd spend a certain amount of energy to use them. Flavoring it as ammo or stamina for more martial classes, as psychic or magical energy for others.

As far as setting is concerned, I think Kintobor's idea makes the most sense:

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

As for the cosmology, I'd prefer a solar system. We cap off the amount of planets in the "core" solar system, and anyone who wants to go outside it goes into "wild space", or uncharted territory. That's not to say we can't take influence from other cosmologies: perhaps the main city the game takes place in is on the back of a "world tortoise". 

I think the setting and overall tone is where we're going to find the most pushback, and nailing the tone is going to be the second most critical part to this game's success, next to the combat overhaul. Frankly speaking, if I don't like the campaign setting or pitch, I don't play in it. 

I think a core system of established worlds makes sense. Outsiders from beyond the fringes of civilized space are probably very common, but because of some sort of cosmological phenomena it's harder to navigate, in addition to being unmapped. We can flesh out the core system as much as we want, and if anyone wants to mess around with their own planet it can be part of the uncharted territory.

More important I think is this.

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Eh. I'd rather let Olegaia and old Heroica be and start over somewhere else from scratch. They got their happy ending, let them keep it. I think it'd be a downer of an ending if 500-1000 years later Olegaia just up and gets destroyed. :shrug_confused: D&D has several different "campaign settings", why not look at this new game as a new campaign setting? Why add more baggage that puts a barrier between new players? Historica gets that complaint all the time, lets not get into the same issue it does.

I do think there needs to be a clean slate. I don't like the idea of alienating players who know nothing about Heroica.

I was thinking that at some point in Olegaia's time, a colony ship carrying the planet's core races is sent out into the reaches of space to inhabit new worlds. Conspiracy theorists allege there was an ulterior reason for leaving Olegaia, but they remain unproven. (Maybe big plot thing.) A few centuries or so after they leave, the ship finds itself in a new system, the people wake up from cryosleep, and after making contact, the local alien governments give them a new planet to colonize. Pretty basic stuff but it gets the core races of Olegaia into a new solar system.

Another thousand years pass over the course of which the system has seen more wars and strife than ever, allegedly thanks in part to the Olegaians, at which point they offer up an idea: an independent organization of mercenaries with a mandate to preserve an dispense justice across the system as needed. Which becomes...whatever we want to call this. I just think we need to get away from Olegaia itself and try not to rely on old lore and whatnot.

Edited by CMP

1 hour ago, CMP said:

As far as setting is concerned, I think Kintobor's idea makes the most sense:

I think a core system of established worlds makes sense. Outsiders from beyond the fringes of civilized space are probably very common, but because of some sort of cosmological phenomena it's harder to navigate, in addition to being unmapped. We can flesh out the core system as much as we want, and if anyone wants to mess around with their own planet it can be part of the uncharted territory.

Pretty much what I had in mind. The benefit of having a group of core planets is that a planet is "massive": if you want to run a quest and we have a planet that fits the bill, you can have it happen there and not interfere with other plot lines on that planet because of it's size. Each planet doesn't need to follow a single theme, but they should feel cohesive. As an example, perhaps there's a home world for the aliens from Alien Conquest, with different regions that can be expanded upon and explored. Some key areas are explained at the beginning of the game, perhaps the capitol and other major cities, but from there it's open for anyone to go in and elaborate upon. (Also, I'd love to see the aliens from Alien Conquest as a race and a faction. :sweet:) I'd imagine some of the PCs will come from uncharted territory, and that's cool too. As time goes on I'd even be for expanding the map, as more of the galaxy becomes more centralized.

1 hour ago, CMP said:

More important I think is this.

I do think there needs to be a clean slate. I don't like the idea of alienating players who know nothing about Heroica.

I was thinking that at some point in Olegaia's time, a colony ship carrying the planet's core races is sent out into the reaches of space to inhabit new worlds. Conspiracy theorists allege there was an ulterior reason for leaving Olegaia, but they remain unproven. (Maybe big plot thing.) A few centuries or so after they leave, the ship finds itself in a new system, the people wake up from cryosleep, and after making contact, the local alien governments give them a new planet to colonize. Pretty basic stuff but it gets the core races of Olegaia into a new solar system.

Another thousand years pass over the course of which the system has seen more wars and strife than ever, allegedly thanks in part to the Olegaians, at which point they offer up an idea: an independent organization of mercenaries with a mandate to preserve an dispense justice across the system as needed. Which becomes...whatever we want to call this. I just think we need to get away from Olegaia itself and try not to rely on old lore and whatnot.

I think this is where myself and a number of other people differ in opinion. I want next to no connection to Heroica 1.0. Returning NPCs I'm fine with, because some are powerful enough that I'm certain they'd find a way to travel between different planes, and 159 more or less opened the door for NPCs to travel from one campaign setting to another, but I want a completely fresh slate: no Olegaia, none of the old gods, nothing from that game. Let it be it's own thing. I'd probably be fine if whatever organization the PCs work for being called Heroica, as a continuity nod and callback, but I'd like to see new ideas and concepts brought forth. 

"Space travel has become far easier and faster than ever before with the creation of the Neo-Flux Transistor, a device that ushered in a new age in the Tempest System: the Fifth Age, to be specific. Merchant ships travelling the hyperspace lanes move faster, priests are capable of congregating faster, and troops are capable of being moved to the frontline at an insurmountable pace. With this, though, piracy is at an all time high, and criminal elements traffic stolen goods, contraband, and slaves more discreetly and swiftly than ever before. The galactic governments struggle to keep up with the increased pressure put on them by growing crime syndicates.

Elsewhere, mining conglomerates push their luck further outward into unknown territory, settling new planets and digging for riches. The ancient Order of Druidic Circle continue to intervene in these attempts, riding into battle on great beasts of the land while armouring themselves in the scraps of their enemies metal machinery. 

Great threats loom, as dead space ships lurch out from uncharted territory, ghoulish derelicts inhabited with the living dead, hungry for the flesh of the living and the destruction of the galaxy, continually enter the galaxy. Meanwhile, the Technocrats from Skularis, a planet choked by the pollution of industry, continue to send their robotic minions into battle in a bid to take over the galaxy, striking from a hidden base. To make matters worse, cultists worshipping dark and profane gods continue to crop up. Once isolated and too cowardly to make their presence known, they've become far more daring and bold, performing sacrifices and acts to their dark gods more frequently.

The galaxy is constantly in peril, as threats crop up from every corner of the galaxy, and beyond. However, one organization has stood stalwart since the end of the Second Age, a shield to protect those who needed help when no one else would help them. Heroica boldly steps into a new era of exploration, danger, and adventure. Will you heed the call?"

And that's my basic pitch. :blush: I'd probably change some things, but that's how I'd at least framework the Heroica sequel.

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I think add a couple of zeros (on the years) would make more sense. 

How about a "far-gate"? (And no I did not steal this from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. :look:)

A class/job idea how about a "Medic" it would be similar to a "cleric" in the old game. It wouldn't have to rely on "magic" to fix up people. I was thinking maybe using "Potions" would be twice as effective compared to everyone else, or some sort of splash healing effect. 

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

A class/job idea how about a "Medic" it would be similar to a "cleric" in the old game. It wouldn't have to rely on "magic" to fix up people. I was thinking maybe using "Potions" would be twice as effective compared to everyone else, or some sort of splash healing effect. 

I don't think we're going hard sci-fi, so clerics will probably stick around in a similar manner to how the Jedi Knights in Star Wars are kind of a religious order. There'll still be gods who grant their priests divine magic, and clerics gain the ability to heal through that.

Speaking of clerics and healing, can we please, please, please look into buffing a cleric's healing output? A half-chance to heal in the previous cleric class was easily outclassed by basic potions, and that shouldn't be a thing. :sceptic:

On 11/30/2018 at 4:06 PM, CMP said:

On 11/30/2018 at 6:13 PM, Kintobor said:

I think this is where myself and a number of other people differ in opinion. I want next to no connection to Heroica 1.0. Returning NPCs I'm fine with, because some are powerful enough that I'm certain they'd find a way to travel between different planes, and 159 more or less opened the door for NPCs to travel from one campaign setting to another, but I want a completely fresh slate: no Olegaia, none of the old gods, nothing from that game. Let it be it's own thing. I'd probably be fine if whatever organization the PCs work for being called Heroica, as a continuity nod and callback, but I'd like to see new ideas and concepts brought forth. 

My point was to have the connection, Olegaia, but essentially make it and its history both physically and knowledge wise cutoff from Heroica 2.0. I agree with the point of clean slate in that it bares no requirement upon new players to have any previous history with the first game, but I think we can still have a nod to the former game with it being so far back in the timeline. :shrug_oh_well: Just a thought. A little Figbarfing to get the wheels turning.

45242815105_47d78fa516_z.jpg

Too fantasy? Too sci-fi? Too steampunky?

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

*Epic figs*

Too fantasy? Too sci-fi? Too steampunky?

In my opinion, a bit too fantasy, but the good idea of sci-fantasy is we're allowed a wide variey. The figs I posted in the General Discussion thread I think are more sci-fi (some bordering on post-apoc), so I think if we can find a medium, especially if others throw in ideas of figs that can round out everything.

It isn't what I had in mind at all, but it does interest me... :thumbup:

I do think we do kind of need to lean further away from traditional fantasy, though.

I think it's just the hats I object to (although hoods are always in fashion.) The rest looks great.

24 minutes ago, Endgame said:

I think it's just the hats I object to (although hoods are always in fashion.) The rest looks great.

Looking at them again, I definitely think it's the wizard hat and the quiver on the dwarf that's throwing me.

Sorry for the double, but I made some more figures that I think are closer to WBD's figures than the last ones I made. I wanted to add min some more alien-like figures that I could manage with my limited parts in my apartment, as well as a robot. Was there ever an automata PC in Heroica? Good thing about a futuristic Heroica 2.0 is maybe people would feel like trying out a character like that.

Space Mage Orc, Space Gunner, Town Watch w/personal shield generator
img_2922.jpg

Space rogues
img_2923.jpg

Space Knight w/fire sword, Robot/Automata, Space rogue
img_2924.jpg

Edited by KotZ

4 hours ago, KotZ said:

Sorry for the double, but I made some more figures that I think are closer to WBD's figures than the last ones I made. I wanted to add min some more alien-like figures that I could manage with my limited parts in my apartment, as well as a robot. Was there ever an automata PC in Heroica? Good thing about a futuristic Heroica 2.0 is maybe people would feel like trying out a character like that.

Space Mage Orc, Space Gunner, Town Watch w/personal shield generator

Space rogues

Space Knight w/fire sword, Robot/Automata, Space rogue

I like the orc mage and the last space rogue. The trick if finding the right balance between sci-fi armor/weapons but without making it too clean and too techy. A couple more figs:

45258498175_9deb99a7f5.jpg
Cyborg Warrior

31231733367_27c0de9ddb.jpg
Undead Lancer

45258493685_2d9427bb78.jpg
Cleric of the Unending Sun

18 hours ago, KotZ said:

Was there ever an automata PC in Heroica?

Yes. I believe Goliath tried one or two of those even. I know there was his pirate thing. But I believe he even went with one more before that. Neither lasted very long...

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Cyborg Warrior

:laugh: This guy looks so funny. The head just really looks like it's stretching out of his body for some reason. Proper Cyborg. :grin: 

21 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I like the orc mage and the last space rogue. The trick if finding the right balance between sci-fi armor/weapons but without making it too clean and too techy. A couple more figs:
Cyborg Warrior

Undead Lancer

Cleric of the Unending Sun

I really like the Undead Lancer and Cleric. Looks like we're gonna need more Nexo Knights sets for this :laugh:

7 hours ago, Palathadric said:

Yes. I believe Goliath tried one or two of those even. I know there was his pirate thing. But I believe he even went with one more before that. Neither lasted very long...

:laugh: This guy looks so funny. The head just really looks like it's stretching out of his body for some reason. Proper Cyborg. :grin: 

Ah that's right. And agree on the cyborg.