Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars RPG - Game Development

Just now, dangerous dice said:

okay! does that entail becoming a Qm? as I dont have a very big collection, and i'm not sure I have any pieces that would be useful. I do act as the dm for my dnd though, so maybe. is there any requirements for QM-ing?

Well, there's two ways you could do so to the best effect. The first is that you could run a quest on the planet you've created. If your collection size is an issue, I'm certain you could work with another member of the community to build you sets to help tell a story here. :thumbup:

The second is to create a character from your world to use as your player character and have that be the way you bring this concept into the game. There's some interesting concepts present that would shape a character's outlook on the world. :classic:

And I didn't see Duvors' post on the topic and I have indeed been sniped! :laugh:

5 minutes ago, dangerous dice said:

okay! does that entail becoming a Qm? as I dont have a very big collection, and i'm not sure I have any pieces that would be useful. I do act as the dm for my dnd though, so maybe. is there any requirements for QM-ing?

As both Kintober and Duvors stated, you don't have to be a Mission Master (previously quest master in Heroica 1.0) and can just incorporate lore into your character's background. However another option aside from working with another builder, is utilizing one of the digital building tools. The previous iteration of the game had a good number of quests run just using Lego Digital Designer.

1 hour ago, dangerous dice said:

I think I'll make a character from there. but is there any Qm's I can contact to ask if they'll run an adventure or two there?

As we haven't launched yet, it's hard to tell who may be up for it yet. Let the game startup and show initiative as a player and you're likely to get someone who'd be interested. The lore of the game is ever evolving so don't worry too much if it isn't there right from the onset of the game.

Hi guys! I am looking forward to playing once this launches. :laugh:

Time to start brainstorming a character!

9 hours ago, dangerous dice said:

I think the only thing is you need is to participate in a quest/mission first. And the only reason for that is so you know what a quest/mission is like. But from the sounds of things you sound experience already in the story telling department. As others already stated you could just make it a character back story if that is your desire.