The reson for gearbox may be that the set is Power Functions upgrade-able? Unless TLG stopped producing M motors alltogether thanks to the PU version ones...

Just now, Zerobricks said:

The reson for gearbox may be that the set is Power Functions upgrade-able? Unless TLG stopped producing M motors alltogether thanks to the PU version ones...

But there's virtually no space for a battery box. How would that work? This one isn't like 42050 where the BB could stick out, either. 

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

But there's virtually no space for a battery box. How would that work? This one isn't like 42050 where the BB could stick out, either. 

Between the lifted tracks :)

21 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

There's no PF upgradability in the box. Besides, it doesnt make sense to motorize a winch with 2 speeds either. The two speeds will be barely noticeable when motorized anyway.

It's always pleasant when a set has more functions, than you expected. I'll probably take this one for $50 or cheaper!

Looks like a better set than I expected from the first picture. I like the B-model. I don't think the loader has suspension though. I think the whole frame is rigid, and the springs are used as tighteners. But I hope I'm wrong :)

Just now, Erik Leppen said:

Looks like a better set than I expected from the first picture. I like the B-model. I don't think the loader has suspension though. I think the whole frame is rigid, and the springs are used as tighteners. But I hope I'm wrong :)

Yeah that’s what it is. When I buy it I might try give it rocker-bogie suspension

yes, this is the only one I want out of the 1st half, I'll pick them all up on discount, but this one I want 2 copies!  A and B are both good.

Great to see that Lego will only release one Technic set in 1H of 2019,

This single Technic set confirms they are concentrating on quality instead of quantity...

I'll be trying to save some pennies to get this one:thumbup:

9 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Does it make sense that this small set manages to have 3 action functions while the 1H flagship doesn't have any

technically its 5/6 functions:

The red bush on the side of the boom can change the angle of the claw.

The other red bush switches the gearbox winch speeds.

One 12 tooth gear is for the cab rotation.

Another 12T gear is for the boom elevation.

The other 12T gear is for the whinch.

oh also, suspention :D, opening cabin door.

Edited by SNIPE

43 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

@SNIPE it’s not suspension, it’s just keeping the tracks taut.

No, it's suspention because the tracks join onto the body by the top-most sprocket which is also where the spring ends therefore when the bottom of the tracks hit a bump it will compress the spring. The tracks can also articulate like on the 42069. Hopefully the grey axle that goes through the top-most spockets are split somewhere so that it can manually be skid steered.

Edited by SNIPE

20 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

No, it's suspention because the tracks join onto the body by the top-most sprocket

Nope, they do not. There’s two black beams running between the two bogies, which then connect to the main body. There’s no suspension here at all.

Is there any connector piece that has a 1/2 pin at one end and a rod going inside a pin at another end? 

In the video, at 0:27, the handle on the side skirt looks unusual. There is a 90 degree macaroni piece, 2 half bushes, and a #1 connector. These parts are most likely connected through a 2-axle-1-pin connector. Yet the #1 connector also has a flat tile 1x1.

Or maybe the #1 connector has a 1/2 pin and a 3L rod go through the three parts.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

On 11/22/2018 at 12:14 PM, RussianGuy said:

Or use an axle 3 with a stud?

Edited by Milan
Removed the quoted images

On 11/22/2018 at 12:14 PM, RussianGuy said:

This guy Lego Technics.

Edited by Milan
Removed the quoted images

7 hours ago, SNIPE said:

The red bush on the side of the boom can change the angle of the claw.

I think its for opening and closing the claw. The lower gear is fixed so, so when you pull the red bush forward, the claw closes while tilting down a little bit.

Best set in the 1H line up IMHO, a more traditional Technic set, and I like the fact that both A & B models are on the same theme thereby increasing playability (and sales)

8 hours ago, Jundis said:

I think its for opening and closing the claw. The lower gear is fixed so, so when you pull the red bush forward, the claw closes while tilting down a little bit.

No, the linear actuator also closes the claw when the arm is raised and lowered.

2 hours ago, SNIPE said:

No, the linear actuator also closes the claw when the arm is raised and lowered.

Not at all, since the LA is only connected to the arm.@Jundis was correct.