Oops. I didn´t see this before. Well, under that circumstances it does make more sense to build the Hot Rod directly from the 42077 set, so that the 42093 is obsolete. Great work!

Edited by Steinbeisserheld

11 minutes ago, Steinbeisserheld said:

Oops. I didn´t see this before. Well, under that circumstances it does make more sense to build the Hot Rod directly from the 42077 set, so that the 42093 is obsolete. Great work!

No problem for me, but now TLC will not like me because I have Banish one potential customer...

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Can someone check if the 42093 B can be built in dark blue?

We need parts list to be sure, but small mudguards put me in sceptical group ?

Just now, I_Igor said:

We need parts list to be sure, but small mudguards put me in sceptical group ?

Aint no need for small mudguards in 42093 B?

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

You are right, I have misread letter B; I think it is possible, I'll  check it asap...

Edited by I_Igor

3 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

No problem for me, but now TLC will not like me because I have Banish one potential customer...?

Nah, no problem. There are some other sets on my list. Surely the "Porsche RSR", and from the "Speed Chamions" the camaro and the dodge charger/challenger hellcat sets. Aside from that i still have an 42056 to build.

42 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

This one would be very nice at this scale :wub:

02KK7590245921A-vi.jpg

Perhaps I'll buy this set and use Blue or dark azure to make it in 1:15 scale (43.2 tires are great to represent tires with 650mm overall diameter which are mostly used on cars)

Just now, gate said:

With blue clutch 20z gear it becomes even more appealing:drool:

Agree :thumbup:

Looking back at those B-model pics: front bumper has two ball pieces, but not the one with axle hole all the way through. Wonder what they are used for in A-model, possibly for 'clamping' something at an angle?

20 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Looking back at those B-model pics: front bumper has two ball pieces, but not the one with axle hole all the way through. Wonder what they are used for in A-model, possibly for 'clamping' something at an angle?

The ball pieces serve as head rests and probably double as roof reinforcers. I'm not sure that they touch the black curved panels though. You can see the balls in the side view or the back view of the A model in page 3.

44 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

I agree that it looks better than expected from the first pics but it is still a boring set in terms of functions. 

Well it is just a car not sure what sort of exciting new functions it could have. Just curious what functions do you think it should have to not be boring? That you could realistically expect for a set this size/price. 

31 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Well it is just a car not sure what sort of exciting new functions it could have. Just curious what functions do you think it should have to not be boring? That you could realistically expect for a set this size/price. 

He probably means an openable hood, boot and doors. I’d want a small scale car to have at least those basic functions.

2 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Just curious what functions do you think it should have to not be boring? That you could realistically expect for a set this size/price. 

Suspension? At least at the rear, with a single gray spring? There's many smaller sets with that.

Simple 2-speed gearbox? 42048 had that, and with the blue 20t it's easier than ever.

And indeed, openable doors, hood and bonnet. That would at least increase the play value.

I mean, it's a decent set, but I still find 2 functions for 500+ parts rather poor.

I might be a bit late to the party here, but isn't this the first time we've seen a mini-v8 in an official set? I know the Mack had a straight-six that was similar but i don't recall a seeing a v8

Guess I am a bit biassed, but my collection is so large by now that I look at sets mainly from aestetic and parts pack point of view. I have enough parts to create the mechanics, but new panels and such are always interesting to have and when I build from instructions I find it more fun building something that looks good. So from that perspective it ticks all boxes for me. Just my personal opinion.