lego-technic-2019-42093-0005.jpg

lego-technic-2019-42093-0006.jpg

lego-technic-2019-42093-0007.jpg

lego-technic-2019-42093-0008.jpg

Name: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Set number: 42093
Piece count: 579

Start: January 2019

• Exclusive Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 replica model with a wealth of realistic features, including a large rear wing, 4 tailpipes, black spoked rims with low-profile tires, working steering and a detailed V8 engine with moving pistons.
  • This collectible toy car comes with an authentic orange and black color scheme plus a cool sticker sheet for additional detailing.
  • Operate the working steering and maneuver the vehicle to activate the visible V8 pistons.
  • 2-in-1 LEGO Technic set: rebuilds into a Hot Rod.
  • This LEGO Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
  • LEGO Technic sets feature realistic movement and mechanisms that introduce young LEGO builders to the universe of engineering in an approachable and realistic way.
  • Suitable for ages 9+.
  • Chevrolet Corvette measures over 3” (8cm) high, 11” (29cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.
  • Hot Rod measures over 3” (8cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.

53 minutes ago, Aleh said:

I'm sure there are yellow beams in the rear.

It looks so, I don't think there is a space for shock absorber

If you zoom in on the side view (pic 4) above I think you’re right and it’s a yellow lift arm on one side and a dark one on the other. I wonder if this is the usual colour ideas for preventing confusion during build

8 hours ago, Aleh said:

I reckon front hood is movable because TLG install a 3l pin in front of it. Hope bot just for color...

It is just for colour. I built a replica of the hood, but the way everything is hooked up doesn't allow it to open. The A-pillars and the dash are both connected, making it impossible to open, even as a clamshell.

My guess on the yellow: probably a 2long beam used to create the incline on the rear bodywork. 2long beams are often seen in weird colors compared to a sets general color...

14 hours ago, letsbuild said:

It is just for colour. I built a replica of the hood, but the way everything is hooked up doesn't allow it to open. The A-pillars and the dash are both connected, making it impossible to open, even as a clamshell.

i meant TAN pin. Seems you got it)))
What a pity hood is non openable((

3 hours ago, Aleh said:

i meant TAN pin. Seems you got it)))
What a pity hood is non openable((

From the picture, showing the engine detail, you can cleary see the hood either opens or easily lifts off, as indicated by the two up and doen arrows.

20 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

From the picture, showing the engine detail, you can cleary see the hood either opens or easily lifts off, as indicated by the two up and doen arrows.

That's from the B-model.

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

The arrows indicate that the pistons move up and down, not that the hood can be removed. Besides which, the picture is of the B-model - which is exceptionally well done I might add - which doesn't even have a hood.

4 hours ago, kodlovag said:

It seems to me, that the trunk can be opened. Or is this just a false hope for any kind of functions?

I don't think it can. Because the entire rear is at an angle it is connected to the chassis on only a few places, which might make it look like a hinge. But I bet the entire rear + doors is fixed at this angle and not openable.

Haven't seen the rear of the hotrod, but I doubt the b model has more functions than a model

I try not to be too critical of these models.  I mean, even flagships are still considered builds for adolescents.  I still, despite what everyone thinks, don't think that even the large sets are primarily developed with adults in mind.  So Ackerman steering, etc. just are not primary concerns. 

So, double-down that rational for the smaller sets.  I mean, com'on, what is the age range for the set, 11-16, and we as adults, many of which have advanced degrees in engineering of some similar field, sit around and gripe about things on a set like this?  Seems weird.  I think @Paul Boratko said it best on the Porsche thread that if he were a kid he would be thrilled to get a set like this.  Kids simply don't have the expectations adults do. 

That being said..... on topic but certainly not specific to this model.... can we get the 3L axle with stop (not stud) in another color other than brown?  I mean, there is nothing, IMO, more of a buzz-kill to finally have TLG adopt alternative fake engine layouts but with BROWN cylinder heads.  I get the yellow.  They make things stand out.... but brown? 

13 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

can we get the 3L axle with stop (not stud) in another color other than brown?  I mean, there is nothing, IMO, more of a buzz-kill to finally have TLG adopt alternative fake engine layouts but with BROWN cylinder heads.  I get the yellow.  They make things stand out.... but brown? 

If you're not a strict purist, you could use the tan version with stud and just cut off the small stud part.

For a purist way of doing it, yeah, not really any option.

9 minutes ago, Error404 said:

If you're not a strict purist, you could use the tan version with stud and just cut off the small stud part.

For a purist way of doing it, yeah, not really any option.

I am a purist and I have no problem at all with this.

Thus small arches would be great for your models, or you should make this one

chevroletcorvettecustom.jpg

even TLG has give up to us the big cylinder piston Engine.

But is the first idea of this is made by a Lego fan MOC? Is this copying or...?

43 minutes ago, SamuelYsc said:

But is the first idea of this is made by a Lego fan MOC? Is this copying or...?

First time I saw a mini engine was in the 9393 B model.

I love this set, it's neat, it's around my fav scale and it's got great pieces. Will get at least one, but probably two or even three.

I'm glad they did a licensed car in that scale, honestly I do not care for 60-70 studs long cars that weigh a ton and are unwieldy. There's much more fun in cramming many functions into a small, ~35 stud long model.
If it can't make a u-turn on my dinner table, it's too big :laugh:

22 minutes ago, Immo said:

If it can't make a u-turn on my dinner table, it's too big :laugh:

That is interesting argument, but I agree that smaller weight = more playability (for manual models)...