Sign in to follow this  
LittleJohn

Kaliphlin at Work - Day 16: Wahall's Goat Farm

My fifth build for the Kaliphlin at Work collab, and the second part of my “From Field to Goblet” entry for the CCC. It was fun putting our flesh colored plates to use again here, as well as a few of our newly-acquired MDF plates.

Wahall owns a prosperous goat farm that provides milk and meat for his family with any surplus easily sold in the markets. The dairy goats have their own stable and are milked daily. A stable boy helps make sure the stable is kept clean and plenty of fresh water and food are always available for the goats.

overview-7.jpg

man.jpg

boy2.jpg

goat-stand.jpg

More pictures on Brickbuilt.
Thanks for looking, C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

Great build man! Lovely architecture, especially fond of the sloped railing/wall on the top level. And the expression of the little guy cleaning is priceless! :laugh_hard:

Nice! A well shaped little scene, and of course some interesting colors, the flesh with dk. orange id really unique... Keep it up! Well, being an Avalonian, I guess not. ;)

Beautiful work and possibly one of my favourite Kaliphlin at work scenes so far (although there are so many great builds - you Kali's have really pulled together for this project!). The white section on the upper level is a great contrast to the tans in the rest of the building and the round plate/brick combos in the door frame are a fantastic detail. The MDF and dark orange ground work looks great and of course goats are always the coolest! Great work!

So many nice features in this build, from the dome, to the canopies, to the arches over the windows (which I have stolen from your brother, who stole it from you originally), to the very nice texture in the walls. My one critique is that the section of wall around the stairs looks out of place with dark tan SNOTed tiles, rather than the dark tan plates and bricks built into the wall like the rest of the structure has. Good job with the different colors in the ground, as you managed to combine so many different "brown/orange" family of colors in the build without making it look drab or jumbled (I count tan, dark tan, reddish brown, dark brown, medium dark flesh, flesh, dark orange, and maybe a nougat of some kind - I lose track of those colors at some point, so they all become orangish-browns to me...). 

Great continuation of the goat series, I love how this build screams Kaliphin, but still uses some innovative techniques (those window arches are top notch and great use of curve slopes on top of the walls) and has a pretty unique layout too.  The white room and green vine add just the touch of color this MOC needs.  And as HQ said, good work combining a variety of ground colors without making it look unrealistically messy!

Really amazing work! Love the colour choices and architecture. The minifig mucking out the goat stables has the perfect expression!

Lovely build with a lot of great details (especially the arches!) :thumbup:
Glad you've managed to participate so much in the collab :classic:

Love this so many details packed in a small build.  The building is great architecturally, the change in color to show wear on the outside walls.  The dome on the top is nice.  The windows look great with some arches in them.  I like the awnings.  The goat paddock is clever.  Great job

What a great build!  I love the colors and textures that you have with the 1x1 round plates and the dark tan mixed with tan, while still keeping some clean lines for the build.  The beaded doors are awesome, and I love the stone arches made with the plates and cheese wedges.  The MDF works well with the dark tan and dark orange, although it almost looks like sand red in the photos.  I've noticed that it is a weird imposter in a lot of photography and appears to change color depending on the lighting.  Also like the mini posing and the nice use of the curved bricks on the edge of the porch.  Excellent all around!

Lovely build Little John! I really like all the different levels in the building, and touches like the gently moving curtains in the doorways and the clean fence design around the goat enclosure are perfect. The window arch design is fantastic too - i'll have to try that sometime. The colours are great too - i love the way the pink on the flowering trellis calls out to the mix of earth colours on the ground. Best of luck in the CCC! :classic:

O my, I'm in love with this! :wub: A real Kaliphin feel, nice texture, lovely palette, the awning are a very nice touch as well as the brick-build curtains. What really catches my eye every time though, is the way you go with architecture and space throughout - the architectural details, indeed, but also their distribution and the proportions of the whole build (in lenght/width but also height with the different levels, like here)! :thumbup::thumbup:

I also have 2 quick questions: the colours on the terrain? Bottom to top: flesh, dark medium flesh and dark orange? And that design for the windows - the cheese slopes aren't attached, they simply fit, right?

This build reminds of something from Age of Empires 2.  Its crisp with lots of details.  This time its beautiful goats but it could easily be a family home over a workshop or something similar.  Slap this or something like it on Lego Ideas and I would definitely back it!

The different staircases and levels are really well done for Kaliphlin style architecture.  The curtains are a nice touch and I like the white room.

Can I ask which part is the dome?

Plenty of clever designs and details to admire here :wub: I really like the wood framed entry into the stables, and the small half arch incorporated into the stairs makes a great storage nook :thumbup:
The little fence, multiple awnings, and curtains in doorways are also top notch :classic:

Wow, this really looks amazing! There are a lot of things to admire here; the archs, the wall texture, the curtains, the awnings, the dome, the ground color... My favorite detail should be the vine - it adds a lot to the whole MOC. Keep the great work up! :thumbup: