Sign in to follow this  
aminnich

Peterbilt 379 (chassis)

Hey guys, I have had a bare-bones chassis sitting on my WIP shelf and figured I would come back to it for the Thanksgiving break. 

The plan is to make a Peterbilt 379 daycab long chassis truck fully remote control. 

A few details about the build:

• closest to 1:18 scale
  • rear axles fully suspended
  • RC 5th wheel
  • working CAT engine

Here are some WIP pics, criticism is very much welcomed :classic:  I hope you enjoy. 

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x647.jpg

As I want to complicate things, I thing you have enough space to fit proper inline 6 engine like on Arocs. I like red chassis (it is common on U. S. Trucks, but there are also nice black chassis...all under Henry Ford moto: it does not matter which color it is as long it is black :laugh:), but red chassis is refreshment. Nice of you to put suspension

First, thanks for the comment.  I think fitting the true inline 6 would be just calling for trouble, that is why I went with a smaller design.  

Second, I am basing the build off of a truck company near my house.  They have Peterbilt red chassis trucks with a white cab.  Every time I drive by one of them, I think dang that is a gorgeous truck.  :laugh: