All high quality pictures

lego-technic-2019-42096-0001.jpg

lego-technic-2019-42096-0002.jpg

lego-technic-2019-42096-0003.jpg

lego-technic-2019-42096-0004.jpg

set description:

• Porsche 911 RSR replica model with a wealth of authentic features, including a rear wing with 'swan neck' mounts, extended rear diffuser and aerodynamic side mirrors, plus black spoked rims and realistic head and tail lights. Also includes a detailed cockpit, working differential, independent suspension and a six-cylinder boxer engine with moving pistons positioned in front of the rear axle.
  • This collectible toy car thus features an authentic white, red and black color scheme and a sticker sheet for additional detailing.
  • The Laguna Seca circuit printed onto the driver's door.
  • Check out the six-cylinder boxer engine with moving pistons.
  • This set includes 1,580 pieces.
  • This LEGO Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
  • Suitable for 10+.
  • LEGO Technic sets LEGO builders to the universe of engineering in an approachable and realistic way.
  • Porsche 911 RSR measures over 5 "(13cm) high, 19" (50cm) long and 7 "(20cm) wide.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

At 20cm wide it's 20% less than 42056, so 1:8 scale. The massive splitter & diffuser makes it slightly relatively longer, so the math adds up 50cm versus 57cm. It'll still be impressive to showcase.

YES! Another Porsche from TLG. Of this batch of new sets, I like this one the most. Black and white with the little red, it's certainly less dull than the 42056.

38 minutes ago, Trango said:

At 20cm wide it's 20% less than 42056, so 1:8 scale. The massive splitter & diffuser makes it slightly relatively longer, so the math adds up 50cm versus 57cm. It'll still be impressive to showcase.

I think you wanted to write 1:10 scale; real model is 1,978 mm wide (according to https://www.porsche.com/international/models/911/911-gt3-models/911-gt3-rs/featuresandspecs/)

What is unusual is to see curved gear rack (from 42082) as front spoilers

Edited by I_Igor

I am crazy in thinking those wheel arches might be a new part?

The gap between them and the tires does not seem to grow as much as I would have expected from the 42056 tire. Also, looking at the 3x13 curved panel above the rear arch, the point where the flat end part meets the wheel arch is different than on 49056. Am I crazy?

Tire is 68.8 and not 81.6...you could be on something (I mean trace not grass) ?

3 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

I am crazy in thinking those wheel arches might be a new part?

The gap between them and the tires does not seem to grow as much as I would have expected from the 42056 tire. Also, looking at the 3x13 curved panel above the rear arch, the point where the flat end part meets the wheel arch is different than on 49056. Am I crazy?

I also checked, the dimesnion in the front, comparing the 11x5 curved brick and came to the same conclusion... They are 2 studs shorter!

I quickly threw this together. Larger here

31032098947_7a79878b8e_b.jpg

Pretty crazy if 42096 has a new arch, and we get a new arch for the Corvette. 

Edited by Thirdwigg

If I was a Porsche fan, I'd be ecstatic over this set - iconic, great display, decent price point, etc.  But alas, not for me.

I was about to post that. The wheel arches are 2 studs shorter indeed. Also seems like the soft axles on the trunk are 11L

I find it very odd TLG would release two such simillar fenders. I think it's safe to asume both fender types will never be released in same colors in order to avoid confusion and mix-ups.

I hope not. I think this new one will be a little more versatile as the scale is more in line with this more common wheel size. While white parts are ubiquitous, adding this part in red, orange, and black would go a long way.

Indeed the wheel arch is new! Year of the wheel arches here we go.

This new arch further reinforce the conclusion that TLG is pushing for more licensed, non-premium Technic supercars in annual lineups. Soon we'll have a whole line of Technic-ified Speed Champions. Doesn't sound like good news to me.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Interesting to read that these are new arches too as the Vettes arches are definitely new with the single stud on the front and rear faces

Didn't noticed the fenders are new (smaller), sounds great as they would match better smaller wheels

I agree to call this "1:10" scale as it is the same as 42039 and 8448, and use 1:8 for 42056 Porche, Bugatti and those amazing MOCs

Edited by bitbamboo

Are the new arches printed (which would be unusual) or are those stickers (which would be a bit hard to apply - for kids that is)?

The arches would have to be printed, because the way that it curves would stop any sticker from conforming without having a slot that would need to be cut halfway through.

My very first impression was "oh look, they recolored the 42056". But that is not the case at all. It looks great. I guess there is no hand of god steering and only in car which probably won't be as bad to use as the other larger cars since this is less than half the part count thus half the weight, just hard to get to and operate. A hidden exterior wheel somewhere would have been nice. The only things that I am on the fence about are those double bubble headlights(I am not sure if I love them or hate them). and that bottom front spoiler design.

Not a terrible looking model, though printed arches makes this a pass for me. Good for the wallet, I guess.

Im absolutely loving this set

yes, it has less features then your typical $150 set, yes it has some rather questionable details here and there, but RACECAR. Im a big fan of the GT3/GTE cars in the speed champions line, getting one of those blown up to proper display model scale is epic. And i wouldnt mind if TLC makes more of these, id love a Ferrari 488GTE and other track heroes.

Probably, all of you already know the story that 5 years ago one AFOL created a paddle shift sequential gearbox:

3 years later TLG releases 42056 with a sequential gearbox which had bad implementation of that AFOL's idea. The same year, TLG launches "Technic ultimate contest: Build the Porsche of your dreams!". I participated with this work:

32102855288_8587d841c2.jpg

45924446532_e8f819ec77.jpg

Just look at my front lights and then look at 42096's lights. Those lights couldn't be the car's best part when the car had a 6 cylinder boxer LPE and a front McPherson suspension (but i like them anyway). TLG could release 42056 with this version of the lights, but, once again, they steal ideas.

Edited by romashkaman

51 minutes ago, zoo said:

though printed arches makes this a pass for me.

I think those are stickers, as I can see edge of the sticker

edge1.png

38 minutes ago, romashkaman said:

Just look at my front lights and then look at 42096's lights. Those lights couldn't be the car's best part when the car had a 6 cylinder boxer LPE and a front McPherson suspension (but i like them anyway). TLG could release 42056 with this version of the lights, but, once again, they steal ideas.

Im willing to bet that in the terms and conditions of that contest, you pretty much signed over any claim to ownership of your design to TLC just by entering, so even if they looked at your design and went "huh, thats cool, lets just use that", there was no stealing involved.

Also, TLC designers dont work in a vacuum (and even then, two minds having the same idea independently is entirely possible), they are among us in the community, and will always pick up some details here and there. And besides, half the theme we slag off TLC for making some poor designs and how the AFOLs design stuff better, but when they actually look at those designs and incorporate that, it is bad as well? If you want full credit for your designs, go the Jeroen Ottens route and do commision work on a one off basis, and never release detailed fotos or instructions.

As for the lights, i actually think lego kinda screwed that up, those canopies are waay too bulbous for proper porsche headlights

This is rather a Lego Creator set made of technic parts, than a pure Technic supercar.

I am kinda glad the h1 sets are so weak. Now I can use my limited budget on a red crane.