There were some discussions regarding the size of the wheels. Some people have the impression the wheels are way to small for the huge wheel arches, and there was the question wether the bigger wheels from the 42056 would or would not fit.

The german youtuber "Held der Steine" made a video to introduce the 42096. For those who doesn´t understand german: (the subtitles generated from youtube are no big help) At about 12:50 he begins to compare the 42056 GT3RS to the 42096 RSR. First there is a little rant about the orange parts which are a bit bleached out in his sunny show window, and at about 14:20 he starts to swap the wheel from the 42056 to the 42096. On the front axle the wheel would fit (see at about 16:05; at 16:40 view from the bottom side), on the back axle are some minor modifications necessary, but in principle the wheels would fit there to. (18:25)

Maybe this information helps deciding wether to buy this set or not.

I always really enjoy his videos. Sarcastic and packend with usefull side Information. Thats the way I like :) 

Edited by Frequenzberater

Our local toystore has a built version on display (the owner is a big Lego fan). I wasn't too bothered by the canopy-headlights from the official pictures, but in reality... 

Thank you so much! Looks like we can use Porsche wheels with white arches..

Edited by Aleh

2 hours ago, Aleh said:

Looks like we can use Porsche wheels with white arches.

Yes, we can, but there can be issues using them with standard steering solutions, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Yes, we can, but there can be issues using them with standard steering solutions, I suppose.

Perhaps it could be solved with half a stud narrower axle at every side, but in that case there will be axle without newer 3 pin hubs...

Edited by I_Igor

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Perhaps it could be solved with half a stud narrower axle at every side, but in that case there will be axle without newer 3 pin hubs...

Unless you rebuild the front suspension to use the old 6.5 suspension arms :)

Another idea could be be maybe to lower the axle by 1 stud, so that it's at the same height as the rear axle.

40 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Unless you rebuild the front suspension to use the old 6.5 suspension arms :)

Another idea could be be maybe to lower the axle by 1 stud, so that it's at the same height as the rear axle.

Erik, you are right as usual; I have forgotten that I have old dark gray, blue and black those arms, but I'm not using them for some 10 years ...

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, pagicence said:

When are the 42096 building instructions going to be available for download?

If you don´t want to wait for the release, you can use the speed build of video of the Austrian guy as building instructions.

This is my version of the Porsche 911 rsr I'm working to bring it with the central engine.

If you are interested in other images tell me how I can insert them in format over 0.30 mb
Edited by Milan
Removed questionable images.

39 minutes ago, fdfs said:

This is my version of the Porsche 911 rsr I'm working to bring it with the central engine. If you are interested in other images tell me how I can insert them in format over 0.30 mb

Welcome to eurobricks! I'd love to see more pictures. You can host them on a website such as Flickr.

18 hours ago, fdfs said:

This is my version of the Porsche 911 rsr I'm working to bring it with the central engine.
If you are interested in other images tell me how I can insert them in format over 0.30 mb

Put just link to picture in flickr here, and it will be embeded here, like this (I copied download link)

Edited by Milan
Removed questionable images.

Do we sure this is original Lego? Rims looks not painted but fake, arches without stickers etc.

Btw maybe better to post this into 42056 topic?

Hi @fdfs

If you want to present your model, it is better to post it as a separate topic.
Also, if this model is not Lego, but other brand, we need to remove the pictures, as per site guidelines, we do not discuss or promote other (fake) brands.
Thanks.

10 hours ago, fdfs said:

Here is the link to see more photos of my version of the porsche 911 rsr https://flic.kr/s/aHsmwiycEi

Nice build. Is this made with genuine LEGO parts and if so, how did you get the wheel arches white (paint, sanding the print off)?

19 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Looks like a modded white gt3rs, lepin and decool make those, so i think its fake

You're right. For a minute the arches seemed smaller compared with the curved panels. But looking closely I see my mistake :-)

3 hours ago, Milan said:

Hi @fdfs

If you want to present your model, it is better to post it as a separate topic.
Also, if this model is not Lego, but other brand, we need to remove the pictures, as per site guidelines, we do not discuss or promote other (fake) brands.
Thanks.

Considering this is the second post of fake stuff in under 24 hours some removal might be coming along....(see the Bugatti Chiron posting)

On another note, looks like I will be receiving this set as a belated holiday gift.  I will not complain, but honestly I have little interest in it.  The underbelly shot makes it look completely vacuous inside.  I cannot believe these are passing for Technic sets.  I have a difficult time understanding the functionality.  Other super cars I don't have such problems with, because they at least have gear boxes which i find really interesting. 

Man, I think back at 8070 which got a lot of flack from the community. which now I think is really interesting because at least it had some functions. Sets such as this really, other than steering and a fake engine don't offer much.