I really did want to like this set and even forgave the lack of features, even held off posting any negative comments but all those stickers wow, no thanks. 

Edit: As if it could get worse I guess even the printing on the fenders is poorly done. 

Edited by Johnny1360

My main gripe with the aesthetic is the big gap behind the front wheel, under the front wheel arch.

81Hw9JmOoaL._SL1500_.jpg

It breaks the continuity of the flow. Compare with the real thing.

Kết quả hình ảnh cho porsche 911 rsr

Oh and I found the blueprint.

81II5f0l9fL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Many thanks @Cypr-21 for the un-stickered photos

I see it in the same range as 42039 (white-green) and old racers (8145) and obviously Lego has decided that gearboxes are for the 1:8 luxury cars. 

For me the tipping point are the white curved 3x11 panels. Set price is a changing subject, it might go down as with 42077 (azure) reaching the under-100, but if that part become available at a reasonable price it might be unnecessary to get the whole car.

Edited by bitbamboo

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

My main gripe with the aesthetic is the big gap after the front wheel, under the front wheel arch. 

Argh, good grief now I can't unsee it. 

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

My main gripe with the aesthetic is the big gap behind the front wheel, under the front wheel arch.

[image]

YESSS! Thank you! :thumbup:  I wonder why it was still a hot topic despite it has been proved several times already that it's a part of the original car design.
As for the set in general, it looks like 42039-42077 in terms of a way big possibilities to add all and every thing that you want:

• Tiltable steering wheel: replace a couple of parts and its done!
  • In-built jacks: + four small pneumatic cylinders or actuators and some tubes or axles
  • Tunable rear suspension (height and/or stiffness): + two small pneumatic cylinders or actuators and some tubes or axles again

And some joky moment... Have anyone ever saw a cheap Porshe? :laugh:

4 hours ago, Void_S said:

I wonder why it was still a hot topic despite it has been proved several times already that it's a part of the original car design.

I don't get what you mean. Did you mean "the gap behind the front wheel is a part of the original car design" or "the continuity behind the front wheel is a part of the original car design"?

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I don't get what you mean. Did you mean "the gap behind the front wheel is a part of the original car design" or "the continuity behind the front wheel is a part of the original car design"?

The gap: it provides a better brakes ventilation (and colling) taking out the heated air, plus a bigger downforce for the front axle (like the "elevated" tail with air diffuser for the rear axle) because an extra air exhaust makes a lower air pressure to stick to the road surface.
It doesn't look great, yeah, but the sports cars moto is performance over the visual appearance, not vice versa.

34 minutes ago, Void_S said:

The gap: it provides a better brakes ventilation (and colling) taking out the heated air, plus a bigger downforce for the front axle (like the "elevated" tail with air diffuser for the rear axle) because an extra air exhaust makes a lower air pressure to stick to the road surface.
It doesn't look great, yeah, but the sports cars moto is performance over the visual appearance, not vice versa.

Oh wow there really is a gap. At first I thought there was black panels there. Thanks for the enlightenment.

But still, the real car hides the gap really well. The Lego version doesnt 

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Hmpf. :hmpf_bad:

I was in joyful anticipation as this model was announced. I was aware that this Porsche for half the price than the 42056 couldn´t be that gorgeous. It was often written in that thread that there wouldn´t be a gearbox, and i am not very fond of hog-steering. so my expectations wasn´t very high. But after what i've seen in the video above i came to the conclusion that - technically spoken - this model is a 42077 with a Porsche-silhouette. für twice the price. Sure, it looks way better than the 42077, but i doubt it will be avalable for a decent price anytime soon. I think round about 100 Euros should be appropriate.:classic:

1 hour ago, Steinbeisserheld said:

Hmpf. :hmpf_bad:

I was in joyful anticipation as this model was announced. I was aware that this Porsche for half the price than the 42056 couldn´t be that gorgeous. It was often written in that thread that there wouldn´t be a gearbox, and i am not very fond of hog-steering. so my expectations wasn´t very high. But after what i've seen in the video above i came to the conclusion that - technically spoken - this model is a 42077 with a Porsche-silhouette. für twice the price. Sure, it looks way better than the 42077, but i doubt it will be avalable for a decent price anytime soon. I think round about 100 Euros should be appropriate.:classic:

What else were you expecting if you already had the gearbox crossed out?

Ill happily agree that for the price, compared to other same sized technic sets this thing is light on features at best, and i can think of plenty of features to add besides the obvious gearbox (moving wiper, airjacks, adjustable suspension/aero), but i cant see how anyone reasonable and paying attention could have expected anything more then what it is.

Price-wise im sure itll be available for a good bit under MSRP soon enough, amazon.de are pretty good, im not sure €100 will happen often, as >33% discount is more of a fluke then a regular occurrence for most lego sets, but im willing to bet you can get one for €120 within a month of launch.

42 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

What else were you expecting if you already had the gearbox crossed out?

I knew there aren't many funkctions in that set, but i hoped that those little functions left in that model would be a bit more sophisitcated, refined, elaborate, a little bit tricky, not as simple like the 42077.

Ok, it´s still good looking, and if the price fits i´ll buy it. But surely not for 150 Euros, and i am not very eager to spend 120 Euros or more. Ok, 100 Euros aren't very relaisitic when it´s fresh released, so i´ll have to wait some time to eventually get a chance for ~110 Euros. Maybe....

Edited by Steinbeisserheld

At least 42077 had a nice buggy B model.  That's the hardest thing for me to handle, the lack of a B model.  I understand the limitations of licensed vehicles, but it's still disappointing.  I'm sure there will be many like me who will be waiting for the wheel arches on Bricklink, and build the rest from their parts collections.    

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

Good thing of this car - it has good suspension, not as on GT3RS or Chiron.

Since this suspension was already tested and working in 42077 :wink:

42077_42096_ldcad_blog_ret.jpg

5 hours ago, kbalage said:

Since this suspension was already tested and working in 42077 :wink:

42077_42096_ldcad_blog_ret.jpg

The front and rear suspension looks very similar to 42037 as well. 

16 minutes ago, u118224 said:

The front and rear suspension looks very similar to 42037 as well. 

And 42039, and pretty much every other independent suspension set from the last few years, Lego only has a very limited range of parts for this kind of setup, so it all ends up looking the same.

Personally id prefer some more diverse suspension parts, but given that lego parts normally should have more then 1 use, i dont think we'll ever see proper McPherson struts for instance.

16 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

And 42039, and pretty much every other independent suspension set from the last few years, Lego only has a very limited range of parts for this kind of setup, so it all ends up looking the same.

Or it ends up being the same designer who saved costs and time to develop something outstanding innovative of new kind. No gearbox because it would mean taking the risk and messing it up with the gear sequence :laugh:..

Limited range of parts for advanced suspension setup sounds like a cheap excuse to me - just look at some MOC designs introduced like a decade ago.

23 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Uwe Wabra is a Senior Designer, so his hourly rate ain't cheap :wink: Better save the R&D cost you know.

Of course, joking aside - it wasn´t meant disrespectul regarding Uwe. It´s not only about saving costs, but to acquire new target audience according to the marketing policy of the employer. I´ve made my peace with his Porsche 911 GT3 RS, owning myself 2x sets and bought another one as Christmas present for my dear brother. Bought the 42077 Rallye car as well for my 9y old son who was able to assemble it almost entirely on his own and recommended it to another known mother & child who asked me how easy it would be for a kid to build one of my models :wink:.

It’ll be interesting to see if someone redesigns the front to shorten the nose and move the front axle forward a few studs

Just want to point out my suspension from early 2017: Coincidence?

IMG_2060.JPG

Edited by Aventador2004

47 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Just want to point out my suspension from early 2017: Coincidence?

Not sure what you're getting at, but your 2017 suspension looks like the front suspension of the official B model for the 42039 from 2015.