I spent the whole night building the replica of ucoming 42095 42095 RC Tracked Racer and here are the results:

Of course there are some minor differences compared to the upcoming set, mainly in the lack of correct rear sprocket wheels and mirror elements, but I think you can get a basic idea of what to expect from the set.

Edited by Zerobricks

I can't believe I never realized those wheels could be used as sprockets for the tread pieces, thank you very much for that.

Edit: so I tried it out and it just doesn't quite work, how did you pull it off? 

Edited by Johnny1360

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

I can't believe I never realized those wheels could be used as sprockets for the tread pieces, thank you very much for that.

Edit: so I tried it out and it just doesn't quite work, how did you pull it off? 

It's not a perfect fit, but works good enough for this demonstration model.

Just now, JGW3000 said:

Nice job ZBLJ! Wonder if adding track studs would help the performance on the indoor slope test?

it would not... Problem is not lack of traction, but the very poor center of gravity.

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

it would not... Problem is not lack of traction, but the very poor center of gravity.

It seems that the B-model has lower center of gravity. You may try to build a replica of the B-model too...

So it is mainly stunt-oriented:sceptic: At least we get L's and not M's or PUp.

Gj, looks very much alike.

11 hours ago, gate said:

So it is mainly stunt-oriented:sceptic: At least we get L's and not M's or PUp.

Gj, looks very much alike.

Indeed, hence the name, Remote Control Stunt Racer. Could not agree more about the motors and not PU. 

On 11/20/2018 at 11:59 AM, Zerobricks said:

I spent the whole night building the replica of ucoming 42095 42095 RC Tracked Racer and here are the results:

Of course there are some minor differences compared to the upcoming set, mainly in the lack of correct rear sprocket wheels and mirror elements, but I think you can get a basic idea of what to expect from the set.

OMG
Thats disgusting....

48 minutes ago, coinoperator said:

OMG
Thats disgusting....

If you have nothing nice to say (or productive to add)...

14 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Indeed, hence the name, Remote Control Stunt Racer. Could not agree more about the motors and not PU. 

Not that I didn't read the name. What I ment is that it will be nearly impossible to extract maximum velocity out of L's with this setup, sadly (it won't be 42065 with L's). Guessing with increased voltage it would only go with wheelies.

But we shall see.

I am so excited for these new sprocket wheels. Previously the maximum size you could get is the 5 stud diameter sprockets which are too small for vehicles like some tank variants. For tanks with large sprockets you had to make compromises.

With these new sprockets (which will hopefully come in black or grey at some point) it'll be easier to build tanks with larger sprockets such as the British A1E1 Independent or Soviet T-28 at larger scales.

Edited by Tarix819

Great Parts pack for us GBC builders! ;)

You are clearly way too old, if you don't enjoy the wheelie functions!  my 8yr old son watched your video and said 'that is awwwwwesome!'

he already spent a lot of time altering the previous tracked racers centre of gravity so it WOULD do wheelies!

What do you mean when you say 'gear ratios can be ajusted' that sounds interesting.

Nice replica. I'm suprised lego did not use their brand spanking new batterybox+reciever and remote control. Maybe it needs to go down in prive first.

Edited by SNIPE

7 hours ago, SNIPE said:

What do you mean when you say 'gear ratios can be ajusted' that sounds interesting.

Nice replica. I'm suprised lego did not use their brand spanking new batterybox+reciever and remote control. Maybe it needs to go down in prive first.

You can replace the two 16 tooth gears with a different combo, like 12:20 or 8:24. PU in current state is not very compatible with technic, especially the battery box/controller has zero studless mounting options.

Edited by Zerobricks

On 11/20/2018 at 2:55 PM, Zerobricks said:

It's not a perfect fit, but works good enough for this demonstration model.

I'm pleasantly surprised how rear wheels work. I have to admit you made extraordinary replica even without adequate parts. :thumbup:

(Sorry for late response, but due to obligations I could not watch video earlier)