Sign in to follow this  
EVE

Small brick-scale electrical switches

Hello friends! I'm trying to integrate LEDs into gen-1 toa figures (a daunting task I can assure you) and it all rests on simple on/off toggle switches the size of a 1x1x1.2 brick or smaller. I can't find any on amazon, etc, so I was hoping someone here might have used something similar in their models before. Thanks all!

There are plenty of similar sized momentary switches, but I've not seen a toggle switch that size. If you search mini rocker switch on ebay there are some about the size of a 2x1 brick.

The smallest kind of switches you can find are DIP-switches e.g. this on digikey, they are also available with more switches per device. But you should keep in mind, that those are not constructed to switch high loads (a LED is relatively high), a single LED should work but for more you should use some kind of driving-circuit (with a transistor or mosfet). You should also keep in mind that these switches are a bit fragile because of their size, so if you switch your lights on an off thousands of times, you should maybe look for something larger. 

Thanks everyone for the tips! It looks like these switches are all too big, so I will have to find something else! :classic: Power will come from hearing aid button cell batteries, those are the only ones small enough.