Kintobor

Kintobor's Cosplay Mafia Day Three: In The (Ball) Pits

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

Fair enough, At least you stuck by your vote rather than going after WW or sitting on the fence. I mean I don't really understand the argument, that Moody was "trying too hard to convince people he was town" since that's pretty much what every play would be doing anyway, but too each their own.

You can probably chock it up to newbie blinders.  Maybe I am reading more or less into things than a seasoned player would.  Along those same lines I am not seeing the suspicion around Wonder Woman.  I think there is some Anti-Town forces behind that movement.

52 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

The Joker (Asphalt) - New mates are always hard to decipher. I don't understand his reasoning for his vote for Moody as being discussed above, but nothing of sparkles has reigned from this lad as of of Yet.

Is that good or bad?  The nothing of sparkles part. 

*huh* I give up. Hopefully Finn reveals some much needed information in the conclusion. 

No scum kill last night could've meant a conversion. Potentially bad news for us considering we haven't even found a member of the scum team yet but something to keep in mind. I agree, however, that the scum killer could've been blocked last night or the target protected, but for the vigilante to not kill two nights in a row? Perhaps they're a pacifist. 

6 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Is that good or bad?  The nothing of sparkles part. 

You have done nothing of interest to make my eyes direct to you. So as of now it's good. 

Right now I’m most suspicious about the early voters for Finn. Perhaps they were scum trying to turn the bandwagon away from their fellow scum onto an easy target? The case for voting Finn IMO could just be summed up to newbie mistakes until he literally admitted he was scum.

10 minutes ago, Rider Raider said:

Right now I’m most suspicious about the early voters for Finn. Perhaps they were scum trying to turn the bandwagon away from their fellow scum onto an easy target? The case for voting Finn IMO could just be summed up to newbie mistakes until he literally admitted he was scum.

Even though I myself was pretty early on the wagon I feel that this is a possibility. Makes me suspicious about WW and Oroku even more as they were the ones who started turning the lynch around. Though again Finn was acting odd. 

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Fair enough, At least you stuck by your vote rather than going after WW or sitting on the fence. I mean I don't really understand the argument, that Moody was "trying too hard to convince people he was town" since that's pretty much what every play would be doing anyway, but too each their own.

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

You can probably chock it up to newbie blinders.  Maybe I am reading more or less into things than a seasoned player would.  Along those same lines I am not seeing the suspicion around Wonder Woman.  I think there is some Anti-Town forces behind that movement.

While still not completely trusting Wonder Woman, I'm starting to agree with Joker on this one, even though I did say Finn called Joker out, possibly to solidify Finn's own lynch.

51 minutes ago, Bob said:

No scum kill last night could've meant a conversion. Potentially bad news for us considering we haven't even found a member of the scum team yet but something to keep in mind. I agree, however, that the scum killer could've been blocked last night or the target protected, but for the vigilante to not kill two nights in a row? Perhaps they're a pacifist. 

I'd like to think it was a block or something, but if it's conversion, we might be on borrowed time.

44 minutes ago, Rider Raider said:

23 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Even though I myself was pretty early on the wagon I feel that this is a possibility. Makes me suspicious about WW and Oroku even more as they were the ones who started turning the lynch around. Though again Finn was acting odd. 

Oh I totally accept blame and criticism for the Finn vote. As I said yesterday, I definitely voted for him out of vengeance, due to him voting for me and his antics that seemed more of a distraction than an asset to the town.

@Khscarymovie4 I’m starting to feel like a scapegoat for a vote that turned out somewhat poor for the town.

If your suspicion is based on my late vote for Ellie on day one, then I have to point out the hypocrisy of you finding me more suspect then the nine other people to pile onto Finn.

I’m suspect for being in a bandwagon but not the people who bandwagoned yesterday. 

No yesterday I’m guilty for “starting a bandwagon”, even though I voted for someone who wasn’t anyone’s radar to that point.

You seem incredibly biased and not objective in your analysis. 

Let me break down my voting process.

Day One: 

Ellie - I voted for Ellie simply because she had the most votes. I have always believed in voting someone off day one and have tried to do so in prior lives. I was and am open about this tactic. 

I was also suspect of her handling of Hera’s Miller claim, as I am somewhat suspicious of Hera’s role claim.

I had a choice and went my usual pattern of trying to vote someone off day one.

Day Two

Hera - I decided I should’ve voted by my gut on day one and not my principle of voting someone off day one. Therefore I voted for Hera who was my gut choice for day one. 

However along comes Finn, who to this point has been fluffy, attempting to gather information out of me on the town block.

I immediately vote for him and press back on him upon which he CONFESSES he’s scum. That’s what sealed his fate, nothing I said or did. 

Voting is now open! With 12 players, a majority of seven is needed to lynch. 48 hours remain.

With voting open I would like to be absolutely transparent.

I am a neutral town member with no special ability HOWEVER I am in contact with members of the town bloc.

Since I do not have a role and therefore I’m more expendable then my contacts, I’ve been elected to reveal a particular investigative result.

Madeye Moody (MostlyTechnic) was revealed to my contact as anti town. 

As such I know how I must vote.

Vote: Madeye Moody (MostlyTechnic)

Personally, I trust Wonder Woman now. I really don't think she could be scum trying to out Moody. And if Moody turns up town after being lynched, that's a huge target on Wonder Woman.

Vote: Mad-Eye Moody (mostlytechnic)

6 hours ago, Tariq j said:

This really pinged me yesterday, I was actually gonna comment on it but after the whole thing with Finn, I completely forgot. This post feels very shrewd and on the fence, Chell hasn't really taken a side here but rather attacked all parties concerned. So that way if things go wrong she can't take blame but if things go right she can take credit. 

Not at all.  More than happy to admit I was wrong about someone if the turn up differently.  Nothing is certain as Finn has clearly revealed... although I have to say that's one of the most unexpected results I've ever experienced.  My suspicion on Wonder Woman was largely based on voting patterns around Ellie on day 1.  There wasn't a whole lot more to it, which is why I didn't cast a vote for her earlier in the day.

5 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

The day 2 final vote is pretty worthless as everyone voted for someone who claimed scum. 

Votes are never worthless, even with crazy claims like Finn's.  The key events in the voting change over was Wonder Woman claiming that she was part of the town block and Oroku then switching her vote over.

Rider Raider unvoted Wonder Woman but didn't vote immediately for Finn.  Instead, choosing to think about who else to vote for.  At this point, there wasn't a real bandwagon against Finn.

Barbossa switch his vote over under the pretense of Finn fishing for role information.

Mad-Eye was the next to switch over, citing similar reasons.

I then switched my vote to Finn from Moody due to Finn's behavior and the fact that there was no other interest in voting for Moody.  My primary goal yesterday was to get a lynch that at worst didn't hurt the town.  At the time of my vote, Finn was up to 5 votes and Wonder Woman was down to 2, so the only legitimate lynch candidate at that point was Finn.  There were just a few hours left.

It was shortly after this that Finn went completely bonkers.

Only then did Batgirl, Doc Brown (hammer vote), and Hera (safety vote?) get in on the action.

In the last few minutes, Superman, Ellie, and the Doctor both joined in as well.

And yeah...

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

With voting open I would like to be absolutely transparent.

I am a neutral town member with no special ability HOWEVER I am in contact with members of the town bloc.

Since I do not have a role and therefore I’m more expendable then my contacts, I’ve been elected to reveal a particular investigative result.

Madeye Moody (MostlyTechnic) was revealed to my contact as anti town. 

As such I know how I must vote.

Vote: Madeye Moody (MostlyTechnic)

Woah, what the what? 

1. I know who I am, and I'm not against the town. I'm part of the town. 

2. Why on EARTH would a town block trust you? Someone who's racked up more votes than anyone else alive? Someone who multiple people keep saying is the scummiest in the game? 

3. I have no idea what WW is trying to do here, but it's a lie. I truly understand how this looks - everyone is going to jump on my bandwagon now because "there's information!!!%%!!%!" but consider the source. I don't know why this is coming out of WW - yeah, obviously, when I flip town she's dead. So I'd be accusing her of having some weird role like "to win, WW has to get MadEye lynched" or something like that. But this is supposed to be a pretty normal game, so that doesn't make sense either. 

4. Why does WW trust this supposed town block? She says she has no ability, so how does she know they're trustworthy? Heck, what better plan for the scum than to lure in a townie, get that townie to get another one lynched, and then the first townie gets lynched TOO? Dang, I gotta remember that for next time I'm scum, cause that's brilliant. Good job scum, cause I'm assuming that's what is happening here. Well played. Obviously WW isn't going to reveal who she's in contact with, since she thinks they're the block. But WW - if you succeed in my lynch today, when I flip town tomorrow, you'd dang well better out all the people you're talking to, because at least one of them is scummy scum scum. 

3 hours ago, Forresto said:

@Khscarymovie4 I’m starting to feel like a scapegoat for a vote that turned out somewhat poor for the town.

If your suspicion is based on my late vote for Ellie on day one, then I have to point out the hypocrisy of you finding me more suspect then the nine other people to pile onto Finn.

I’m suspect for being in a bandwagon but not the people who bandwagoned yesterday. 

No yesterday I’m guilty for “starting a bandwagon”, even though I voted for someone who wasn’t anyone’s radar to that point.

You seem incredibly biased and not objective in your analysis. 

Let me break down my voting process.

Day One: 

Ellie - I voted for Ellie simply because she had the most votes. I have always believed in voting someone off day one and have tried to do so in prior lives. I was and am open about this tactic. 

I was also suspect of her handling of Hera’s Miller claim, as I am somewhat suspicious of Hera’s role claim.

I had a choice and went my usual pattern of trying to vote someone off day one.

Day Two

Hera - I decided I should’ve voted by my gut on day one and not my principle of voting someone off day one. Therefore I voted for Hera who was my gut choice for day one. 

However along comes Finn, who to this point has been fluffy, attempting to gather information out of me on the town block.

I immediately vote for him and press back on him upon which he CONFESSES he’s scum. That’s what sealed his fate, nothing I said or did. 

Well I did mention another member who help start the lynch and that was Oroku. I was still more suspicious of your day 1 vote but thought I should mention how you were able to successfully turn the tides yesterday. Seems logical if a scum is in hot water, two teammates may want to team and try and persuade voters a different route. Though seeing your part of the town bloc and have useful information I cease to pursue your fishy smells. If your scum and lying you will die tommorow but for now I will trust you. 

8 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Mad-Eye Moody (mostlytechnic) - Imo he has been insightful and has given interesting reasons for his thoughts. Nothing strikes me odd as of yet cept his eye! 

:pir-grin: well this looks bad now I bet. Oh well, off we your other eye Mad-Eye! 

1 minute ago, mostlytechnic said:

Woah, what the what? 

1. I know who I am, and I'm not against the town. I'm part of the town. 

2. Why on EARTH would a town block trust you? Someone who's racked up more votes than anyone else alive? Someone who multiple people keep saying is the scummiest in the game? 

3. I have no idea what WW is trying to do here, but it's a lie. I truly understand how this looks - everyone is going to jump on my bandwagon now because "there's information!!!%%!!%!" but consider the source. I don't know why this is coming out of WW - yeah, obviously, when I flip town she's dead. So I'd be accusing her of having some weird role like "to win, WW has to get MadEye lynched" or something like that. But this is supposed to be a pretty normal game, so that doesn't make sense either. 

4. Why does WW trust this supposed town block? She says she has no ability, so how does she know they're trustworthy? Heck, what better plan for the scum than to lure in a townie, get that townie to get another one lynched, and then the first townie gets lynched TOO? Dang, I gotta remember that for next time I'm scum, cause that's brilliant. Good job scum, cause I'm assuming that's what is happening here. Well played. Obviously WW isn't going to reveal who she's in contact with, since she thinks they're the block. But WW - if you succeed in my lynch today, when I flip town tomorrow, you'd dang well better out all the people you're talking to, because at least one of them is scummy scum scum. 

It's fun watching them squirm.  Lots of your points can be dismissed if you think a little. 

16 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

It's fun watching them squirm.  Lots of your points can be dismissed if you think a little. 

Sure, obviously one explanation is what WW said. I'm scum, she's in contact with the block, blah blah blah. But again I ask, WHY WOULD SHE BE TRUSTED INTO THE BLOCK? Before you say it, she could have been investigated night 1. Or like I said, maybe the scum have a fake block and lured her in by saying they investigated and cleared her. 

21 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Why might I ask? If I am not mistaken you have not shown any hate towards before this day. So why now do you find me scummy? Provide some details if you may.

You called out two people as scum after their bandwagon day 1 votes, even as you explicitly mention in your post that you think scum would be quieter than that. Then you continue to call them scummy, and provide little evidence (while filling the forum with long, quote-heavy un-snipped posts and fluff). That said, the last 24 hours have been pretty enlightening here; you're no longer on my list.

20 hours ago, Forresto said:

Mark my words there was at least one scum hiding in the vote for me yesterday. 

Oh, wow, someone can do math. How many scum do we think there are in a game of 14? Probably 3, perhaps 4? The odds are good that you are right! Would you mind telling us which one (or more) it was?

15 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

Really? No eating in the ball pit. That's how we get bugs and sticky balls. Ugh. 

Is that how we get ants, Barry? Yes it is, other Barry, yes it is.

11 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

she said she was glad to not be lynching Wonderwoman when the crazyness with Finn fired up.

This also seemed really fishy to me.

10 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Chell (fhomess) - Was 3rd on the wagon against plant girl. Was this a bandwagon at the moment? Yesterday she spoke (she can speak!) about joining the lynch against WW had the whole Finn ordeal went down. Possible a scummy wanting to look town by joining a wagon at the near end to ensure a lynch? Maybe, she has been a little quiet compared to others here so she is worth to keep in eye on for that reason alone.

I voted for her for precisely for that bandwagony day one vote, and I think the fact that she waited to join the day lynch until the end might be her reaction to my accusation.

3 hours ago, Forresto said:

Yup. Doesn't mean you aren't scum.

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

Wow.

4 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

OK, so... on the one hand, yes, let's lynch mostlytechnic because, well, scum.

On the other hand, someone claimed to know the outcome of very interesting night actions to me in a pm today, and that doesn't make me any more likely to trust them. Why should we trust someone just because there's a PM?

On the third hand, implying you have a power role to keep from getting lynched is, well, a scum trick.

On the fourth hand, you didn't ever really imply that; Finn asked and you demurred — which is still weird, especially if you were just going to come out and say Vanilla Town today.

On the fifth hand, if there is a town block, they won't ever trust me — rightly so — but if they were going to have someone be an expendable, anonymous mouthpiece, that person would necessarily need to be Vanilla Town.

Note that when I said "you" on the fourth hand, I meant Forresto... which I thought was obvious until I realized I'd included it under a reply to mostlytechnic.

20 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

That's worth noting, but IMO most of those votes were based off of a mild suspicion (bandwagoning) and the need for a lynch.

37 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

If the scum were to use this tactic, it could result in a max of four town kills before it would come back to bite them. If we are to assume there are four scum players among us and don't account for a potential vig, that would level the playing field. Interesting idea. 

22 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

Or like I said, maybe the scum have a fake block and lured her in by saying they investigated and cleared her. 

Again, interesting idea. But risky to say the least. Would the scum attempt this?

Well for now and I'm going to...

Vote: Moody (mostlytechnic)

I feel like the idea of a fake block is a bit of a stretch. This just seems like a scummie desperate to not get lynched.

Vote: Mad-Eye Moody (Mostlytechnic)

"Anti town" is an interesting choice of words, because that doesn't automatically mean scum, but could also mean neutral. But since a neutral can win with the town too, I'm not sure why Moody wouldn't just claim as such. It would seem kind of pointless to go through all the trouble of setting up a fake block since the moment Moody would be revealed as town, WW will.know they're lying and just tell us all the names anyway. And in addition, if WW was lying we'd just lynch her the next day, would she really risk her life in the game just to get one player killed?

Vote: Mad Eye Moody (mostlytechnic)

Is it bandwogoning if I stick with my vote from yesterday?  I hope not, because I stands where I stands till I can’t stands not more. Woah out of comic experience. You just don’t feel pro-town  

Vote: mad-eye moody (mostlytechnic)

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

Is it bandwogoning if I stick with my vote from yesterday?  I hope not, because I stands where I stands till I can’t stands not more. Woah out of comic experience. You just don’t feel pro-town  

Vote: mad-eye moody (mostlytechnic)

I don’t think you need to worry about being accused of bandwagoning when we have an investigation result that says he’s scum.

7 hours ago, Tariq j said:

"Anti town" is an interesting choice of words, because that doesn't automatically mean scum, but could also mean neutral. But since a neutral can win with the town too, I'm not sure why Moody wouldn't just claim as such. It would seem kind of pointless to go through all the trouble of setting up a fake block since the moment Moody would be revealed as town, WW will.know they're lying and just tell us all the names anyway. And in addition, if WW was lying we'd just lynch her the next day, would she really risk her life in the game just to get one player killed?

Vote: Mad Eye Moody (mostlytechnic)

I'm not claiming neutral because I'm not neutral. And if I claim neutral, you'd still lynch me. MAYBE the town would let a neutral serial killer or something live, but probably not. I'm town. 

Since this lynch is looking more certain, and no one is listening to my innocence, I'm being forced to reveal who I am to prove that WW is either lying or being lied to. 

I AM THE TOWN'S ROLEBLOCKER.

Night 1, I blocked Superman because he'd been so quiet, it made me suspicious. 

Night 2, I wanted to block Superman again to test if he was a killer (since there was only 1 death night 1), but since I couldn't, blocked Oruku because I was getting a scummy vibe, but not enough to be worth voting for. She'd be on the quiet side day 1, and then got on the WW vote train right behind me. Just felt like someone trying to not draw too much attention. 

Both blocks were successful. Given the lack of night kills, I suggest to the town that Oruku could easily be the scum killer. Why else was there no scum kill last night? It's either that or our doctor got lucky and protected the right person. 

32 minutes ago, Rider Raider said:

I don’t think you need to worry about being accused of bandwagoning when we have an investigation result that says he’s scum.

No, you have someone CLAIMING to have heard from someone else that there's a result. So many ways that information could be wrong. Maybe the scum investigated me last night, found I was a PR, and so decided to take me out this way to kill 2 townies (myself and WW?) and leave their night kills available to take out more of us. 

If you are a Town Blocker, what would an investigation result come up as?  Is that a weird one like the miller that reads opposite of what it is or would it reveal a true alignment?

So that leaves two options, wonder woman has legitimate info or she doesn’t. Her having legitimate info lines up with my suspicions and I think other people’s as well.  This is my first game, what are the odds that there is a fake town block trying to trick actual townies into voting off other Townies?