Kintobor

Kintobor's Cosplay Mafia Day Three: In The (Ball) Pits

45489114562_87b138b0fd_b.jpg

Day Three: In The (Ball) Pits

32090748018_54cb537bd7_b.jpg

Late into the night, Rider Raider, cosplaying as Doc Brown, returned to the convention hall where the group had gathered earlier in the day. He got on his hands and knees and scoured the floor. "Confound it all, where did my glasses go to. I had them earlier..." He didn't notice the individual sneaking up behind him, cautious to not make any noise.

31022756857_cabb4f72fa_b.jpg

"Great Scott!" Rider Raider called out, having noticed a shadow loom over him. He turned around a pointed an accusatory figure at the person behind him. "You've come to murder me, haven't you, Lady K?" Lady K, cosplaying the Eleventh Doctor, shook her head. "Heavens, no." She replied. "I'm merely here to discuss theories on time and space with you. Can I help you look for something?"

32090747878_91cfd9507a_b.jpg

"Oh, thank heavens. Yes, you can help me look for something. I've lost my glasses. I think they may have fell out on the floor in here. Could you help me look for them?" Rider Raider asked. "Gladly." Replied Lady K. The two time travellers got on their hands and knees and began searching for Rider's glasses.

32090747778_3d81e71a03_b.jpg

Elsewhere, Stickfig, cosplaying as Hera Syndulla, was waiting outside of a hotel room waiting to be invited in. Room party invites had gone out, but Stickfig was pretty sure he was early. Patiently killing time, Stickfig observed their surroundings, taking in the decor of the hotel until they noticed a figure appear out of the darkness.

32090747688_dcc5eddfe7_b.jpg

"Oh, it's you." Stickfig waved to Kintobor, the moderator, as he approached the door with a mug full of some kind of hot beverage. "You're not here to mod kill me, are you?" Oh, no." Kinto replied. "I got an invite to a room party and I needed some time to relax. Hosting a mafia game is hard work." Stickfig grinned. "So, any chance I could get some secret info? Who's who and what roles are in play?" Kinto groaned. "I can tell you, but then I'd have to mod kill you."

-DAWN OF THE THIRD DAY-

32090747588_1db025314b_b.jpg

Day broke, as the remaining cosplayers returned to the convention hall where they had been meeting for the past two days. Rider Raider and Lady K were discussing time travel, while Bob and Khscarymovie4 argued over pirate hats. Sakura lingered near the projector screen, fiddling with the control panel that had been left on the table since everyone had arrived. The projector quickly turns on, with Kintobor getting into position to fill the cosplayers in.

30846618097_5abf0ba6f7_b.jpg

"Well, I have to say, this is interesting. I only have one alignment to reveal to you today, and it's Foreman's. Last night was suspiciously quiet. Seemingly no one was murdered in their sleep. Curious...

Even more curious is the fact that despite he claimed to be scum and then the jester, Foreman, who was cosplaying as Finn, turned up to be Town aligned. He was never aligned with the scum, and I have no idea why they'd even claim to be scum. Strange!

I was hoping for a bit more excitement last night, but it is what it is. To add some amount of depth to the game, I'm including a ball pit. It's not very deep, and it's not particularly wide, but it has a vibrant array of colours! It only fits four of you at a time, so please take turns, and don't be in longer than an hour. Even with this included ball pit, I expect results. I'll see you all in a bit to check up on your progress."

Kintobor's stream ends as the projector stops playing. Sakura takes a seat on the table and crosses her legs, silently watching the group with her unblinking eyes as they begin the third day's discussion.

Non-Player Cosplayers

30846618417_96fee65513_o.jpgKintobor, cosplaying as Grand Moff Kinto (Moderator)

The Cosplayers

31854482468_cb87168cff_o.jpgTariq j, cosplaying Batgirl

45726152311_dd8239e6b0_o.jpgfhomess, cosplaying Chell

44812182835_e7c7215739_o.jpgRider Raider, cosplaying Doc Brown

45726152161_dd549ebe79_o.jpgLegoMonorailFan, cosplaying Ellie Sattler

45001190694_417c4eb5b7_o.jpgKhscarymovie4, cosplaying as Hector Barbossa

45001190654_37e844d5cb_o.jpgStickfig, cosplaying as Hera Syndulla

31854482178_11430db405_o.jpgmostlytecnic, cosplaying as Mad-Eye Moody

45726151901_535dde017c_o.jpgKotZ, cosplaying as Oroku Karai

45001190604_d43a43d9e1_o.jpgBob, cosplaying as Superman

45726151741_4f926078e0_o.jpgLady K, cosplaying as the Eleventh Doctor

45726151641_95d8f83c84_o.jpgAsphalt, cosplaying as the Joker

31854481918_3d0aa3f157_o.jpgForresto, cosplaying as Wonderwoman

The Dead

31995708928_203bb2691a_o.jpgjluck, cosplaying as Legolas Twinleaf. Murdered Night One. Alignment: Town

32090747518_38aaf2a146_o.jpgForeman, cosplaying as Finn. Lynched Day Two. Alignment: Town

Rules: (Thanks Def. I'm stealing your rules.:tongue:)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town.  Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player.  Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player).  No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Failure to vote will incur a vote penalty the following game day.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached after 72 hours. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or in PM with any other players. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread. 

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM

11. Violation of any of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty for the first offence, and death on your second offence.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

Wait wait wait, hang on what? So what exactly was Finn playing at towards the end there? Was it just an elaborate ruse? But for what reason? I am utterly confused and lost right now.

1 minute ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

@Foreman wasn't scum?! And what about his jester claim?

Well at least we didn't lose anyone in the night.

Alright so I just looked up what a jester is, and the jester has a win-state only if they are lynched. Was that was he was doing, actually being honest and lying about scum to get the win condition? Even if he is a jester, we wouldn't know at the time of his lynch, or even the day after, right?

55 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Alright so I just looked up what a jester is, and the jester has a win-state only if they are lynched. Was that was he was doing, actually being honest and lying about scum to get the win condition? Even if he is a jester, we wouldn't know at the time of his lynch, or even the day after, right?

Jester is usually a 3rd party, so he'd have been revealed as neutral instead of town. 

On 11/16/2018 at 4:24 PM, LegoMonorailFan said:

Woah! That escalated quickly. I'm just glad we're not lynching @Forresto so early on in the game.

Unvote: Forresto (Wonder Woman)

Vote: Foreman (Finn)

I'm a little busy right now, and I have a bit to read and catch up on. I hope to be able to share my thoughts before the day is done.

This is from yesterday, but I didn't have a chance to bring it up before the day ended. Ellie, care to explain why you're defending WW here? I mean, I was glad to vote Finn, but I have no reason to believe WW is loyal either. I did vote for her earlier after all. And you were too obviously - so why "glad we're not lynching" her? 

I be sad that the town's numbers are not what they use to be, but not sad what so ever about lynching Finn. Claiming scum when your town?  Who ever heard of such a thing tell last night? Good fortune to whatever or whom ever stoped from there being another killing of one of us kind folk in the night. I will continue to say that I still find WW, Batgirl, and Oroku a little suspicious due to their bandwagony actions from nights before. I plan on looking through the talk talk of everyone here from yesterday's to see if I'm missing some crucial points and give my full thoughts. 

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

Wait wait wait, hang on what? So what exactly was Finn playing at towards the end there? Was it just an elaborate ruse? But for what reason? I am utterly confused and lost right now.

I agree; totally confused.  I have never encountered a play like this in any of my time travels. :wacko:

19 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

Jester is usually a 3rd party, so he'd have been revealed as neutral instead of town. 

This is from yesterday, but I didn't have a chance to bring it up before the day ended. Ellie, care to explain why you're defending WW here? I mean, I was glad to vote Finn, but I have no reason to believe WW is loyal either. I did vote for her earlier after all. And you were too obviously - so why "glad we're not lynching" her? 

So he turns up town and not neutral therefore he was playing at.......*huh*

I will analyze the data we have from the past two days of votes and then given my thoughts.  While a quiet night is a relief for no loss of innocent cosplayer lives it is very curious.

Oooh, a ball pit!

No night kill... I can understand a vigilante taking a night off, but no scum kill? Did we decide we thought jluck's death was a vigilante kill? Or a scum kill? Regardless, good job blocker (assuming there is one). If there isn't one, I find it very hard to believe the scum team simply walked away from an opportunity.

@LegoMonorailFan and @Khscarymovie4, you're at the top of my list today. I especially like Ellie Sattler's "surprise" about Finn being town.

28 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

Well the only thing I really found suspicious about Wonder Woman yesterday was her bandwagony nature. Aside from that, the need to lynch her was mostly out of need of a lynch in the first place. As I had mentioned, I felt like @Forresto was the wrong choice, and that we could instead lynch someone potentially less (as I put it) "high impact". Like @StickFig for example. However, it seemed as if Forresto was the direction we were heading, and because I would potentially not be available by the time the day was over, I cast my vote for Forresto simply because I felt we needed a lynch, and I certainly didn't want to go into day three without a lynch. 

I (and probably others) felt pretty confident about lynching Foreman considering he had (at least it seemed at the time) confessed to being scum once faced with no escape from the lynching mob that had formed against him. Also if Foreman's claim were to turn up as true come morning, it would put Forresto in a better light in my eyes, and potentially other's since he was somewhat of a leader of the lynch wagon against Foreman.

But now that Foreman's "confession" has been proved to have been a farce, my suspicion of Forresto has been rekindled, if not potentially further fed.

1 hour ago, Lady K said:

While a quiet night is a relief for no loss of innocent cosplayer lives it is very curious.

49 minutes ago, StickFig said:

Oooh, a ball pit!

No night kill... I can understand a vigilante taking a night off, but no scum kill? Did we decide we thought jluck's death was a vigilante kill? Or a scum kill? Regardless, good job blocker (assuming there is one). If there isn't one, I find it very hard to believe the scum team simply walked away from an opportunity.

So, obviously night kills (or lack thereof) is a popular topic for debate. Personally, I assume Legolas on night 1 was scum. I can't see the vig taking someone out night 1 and the scum NOT, and them getting blocked is unlikely just by the odds.

For night 2, I'm assuming the vig stayed home again (sorta surprised, but I guess no one maybe stood out enough). Surely the scum tried to take someone out, so either the scum killer was blocked or the target was protected (yes, I know that's Mafia 101, but we do have some new people around...) 

2 hours ago, StickFig said:

Oooh, a ball pit!

@LegoMonorailFan and @Khscarymovie4, you're at the top of my list today. I especially like Ellie Sattler's "surprise" about Finn being town.

Why might I ask? If I am not mistaken you have not shown any hate towards before this day. So why now do you find me scummy? Provide some details if you may. 

31 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

So, obviously night kills (or lack thereof) is a popular topic for debate. Personally, I assume Legolas on night 1 was scum. I can't see the vig taking someone out night 1 and the scum NOT, and them getting blocked is unlikely just by the odds.

For night 2, I'm assuming the vig stayed home again (sorta surprised, but I guess no one maybe stood out enough). Surely the scum tried to take someone out, so either the scum killer was blocked or the target was protected (yes, I know that's Mafia 101, but we do have some new people around...) 

At this point in time do we knew for certain that there even is a vig in this here cast of fine people? I know most of this circumstances have that sort of role but every new party has new ways of going about.t

Forgive me but this ol skeleton is a little sleepy. I will rest my eyes and be back up and ready to analyze every player here in a few hours. Best be warned scum. Barbossa may have both eyes down pretty soon. But when they rise, the eyes find lies. 

I’ve tried to write a response several times now but I’m absolutely flabbergasted. 

Why did he admit he was scum if he wasn’t scum? 

This is absolutely frustrating.

@mostlytechnic I’m curious as to why I’m so suspicious, and why you’re coming for me straight out the bat? 

@LegoMonorailFan let’s not pretend Finn wasn’t acting super sketchy before the vote started leaning toward him. Then he started acting real suspicious then way before the vote was sealed on him he came out and admitted he was scum.

Keep in mind...

People were happy to vote for me because they wanted a Day Two elimination, no matter who, justifying their vote for me simply because I wanted to vote someone off Day One when that’s precisely why everyone voted for me yesterday.

Mark my words there was at least one scum hiding in the vote for me yesterday. 

Finn exhibited some unusual behaviour before, but I have no idea why he would do this? People were all too happy to vote for WW, When I have a bit of time I'm gonna look back at the voting.

OOH!

*Grabs a fresh cold Fanta, wades into the ball pit, and settles down in a corner*

So even with all of his strange behavior yesterday he was still a Townie?  If he was a Jester, does that explain it?  A jester can only win posthumously if they are lynched? Seems a terrible strategy to me, but what do I know I attack with an Acid Flower and a Joy Buzzer.  HAHAHA

4 hours ago, Forresto said:

@mostlytechnic I’m curious as to why I’m so suspicious, and why you’re coming for me straight out the bat? 

I wasn't trying to attack you; I was questioning why Ellie was so excited to not be lynching you. I don't find anyone here worthy of trust so it seemed off to me. 

2 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

OOH!

*Grabs a fresh cold Fanta, wades into the ball pit, and settles down in a corner*

So even with all of his strange behavior yesterday he was still a Townie?  If he was a Jester, does that explain it?  A jester can only win posthumously if they are lynched? Seems a terrible strategy to me, but what do I know I attack with an Acid Flower and a Joy Buzzer.  HAHAHA

Really? No eating in the ball pit. That's how we get bugs and sticky balls. Ugh. 

28 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

I wasn't trying to attack you; I was questioning why Ellie was so excited to not be lynching you. I don't find anyone here worthy of trust so it seemed off to me. 

Really? No eating in the ball pit. That's how we get bugs and sticky balls. Ugh. 

If you haven’t had apple fanta for breakfast in a ball pit than you haven’t lived. But we shall refrain from sticky balls. That we can agree on. 

*wades out of the pit and rejoins the group*

There was a lot of excitement yesterday. What comments of Ellie are you referring to?  

2 hours ago, Asphalt said:

There was a lot of excitement yesterday. What comments of Ellie are you referring to?  

See my earlier posts above - she said she was glad to not be lynching Wonderwoman when the crazyness with Finn fired up. Sure, I was glad to be lynching him too when he's openly claiming to be scum and so forth, but it seemed off to be happy to not lynch WW when there's no good reason to be trusting anyone yet. 

7 hours ago, Forresto said:

@LegoMonorailFan let’s not pretend Finn wasn’t acting super sketchy before the vote started leaning toward him. Then he started acting real suspicious then way before the vote was sealed on him he came out and admitted he was scum.

Well Foreman clearly wasn't scum which means he was either exhibiting "new player behavior" and was trolling, or was a jester who couldn't kill and who's win condition was to get lynched.

In the end, Foreman flipped town, and you saved your butt. I clearly stated my reasoning for why I voted for you yesterday, and I don't have to much interest in voting for you at the moment.  All I'm saying is that your definitely not confirmed town at this point. 

Batgirl (Traiq j) - I don't like her bandwagony vote back on day 1 but she has not done anymore to spark my suspicion. She was alone in voting for clown yesterday so she was not really bandwagoning that day. I am starting too loose interest in you my girl. 

Chell (fhomess) - Was 3rd on the wagon against plant girl. Was this a bandwagon at the moment? Yesterday she spoke (she can speak!) about joining the lynch against WW had the whole Finn ordeal went down. Possible a scummy wanting to look town by joining a wagon at the near end to ensure a lynch? Maybe, she has been a little quiet compared to others here so she is worth to keep in eye on for that reason alone. 

Doc Brown (Rider Raider) - Has also been on the quieter side. I have noticed that he tends to go along with the crowed a lot. Voting for WW but stating that he is not completely comfortable with the vote, unvoting WW around the Finn lynch yet not voting for Finn tell he claims he is scum. Very middle grounded it seems. Middle grounders tend to be scummy lots of the time they do. 

Ellie Sattler (LegoMonorailFan) - Votes for Hera on day 1 for a silly reason. On day 2 she gives more reasonable vote's. She also voted for WW to secure a lynch for the day. 

Hector Barbossa (Khscarymovie4) - The only true pirate here and the only one I 100% trust. 

Hera Syndulla (Stickfig) - Her miller claim on day 1 gave me more townie vibes then scummy. As other's have pointed out scum would have little reason to do this so early in the game under no pressure. I don't like how she listed me yet gave no reason as to why. So I would like to hear more from her. 

I can only list these names as of now but I plan on listing the rest of us here crew later on throughout the day. 

Current Vote Count:

Wonder Woman (Forresto), 1 Votes (Foreman)

Mad-Eye Moody (Mostly-Technic), 1 Vote (Asphalt)

Finn (Foreman), 11 Votes (Forresto, KotZ, Khscarymovie4, mostly-technic, fhomess, Tariq j, Rider Raider, Stickfig, Bob, LegoMonorailFan, Lady K)

---

With 13 players, a majority of 7 is needed to lynch. With 11 Votes, Foreman has been lynched.

Day Two is now over. You have 48 hours to send in your night action. A conclusion for the day will be posted shortly.

This is the final vote count from Day 2, just so everyone can see it. After the whole interesting situation of Finn calling out Joker, I'm thinking Joker could be town, or Finn was just really lucky in his trolling.

Mad-Eye Moody (mostlytechnic) - Imo he has been insightful and has given interesting reasons for his thoughts. Nothing strikes me odd as of yet cept his eye! 

Oroku Karai (Kotz) - She has been against WW from day 1. Yet I still find her votes to have no real reason and sort of hide as bandwagoning type. Yesterday he helped steer the course on Finn yet he was being quite odd already. I find her a little suspicious.

Superman (Bob) - I don't trust him because he is a pirate. Kidding, not much of him has been too odd , cept maybe waiting to maybe vote for ww. 

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

This is the final vote count from Day 2, just so everyone can see it. After the whole interesting situation of Finn calling out Joker, I'm thinking Joker could be town, or Finn was just really lucky in his trolling.

I'm still divided on that, The Joker still voted for Moody, simply copying what someone else had said, he didn't even try and put it in his own words. At this stage, I dont even know whether we can trust what Finn has said, after the todays reveal.

One thing as well, 

On 11/16/2018 at 7:19 AM, fhomess said:

I realize I haven't voted for Wonder Woman either but those who are saying they don't trust the current trend of voting her out, you need to provide an alternative.  I will switch my vote to her closer to the end of the day if that's what's needed to seal a lynch.  I really don't know what to make of her insistence on the miller thing.  It's nonsense and I wonder if a scum would stick with it.

The rest of us have spread our votes around, which at this point is the best thing the scum could hope for so we need to get together on a name or two.  Of those who have votes other than Wonder Woman, I'm happy to keep my vote on Mad-Eye or switch to Batgirl.  I'm at a point where I don't have a strong enough opinion between them, but those are the two I suspect more than some of the others at the moment.

This really pinged me yesterday, I was actually gonna comment on it but after the whole thing with Finn, I completely forgot. This post feels very shrewd and on the fence, Chell hasn't really taken a side here but rather attacked all parties concerned. So that way if things go wrong she can't take blame but if things go right she can take credit. 

4 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I'm still divided on that, The Joker still voted for Moody, simply copying what someone else had said, he didn't even try and put it in his own words. At this stage, I dont even know whether we can trust what Finn has said, after the todays reveal.

I agreed with a point with another player made and then went on to justify agreement and thinking.  Perhaps you missed that later post.  And you notice I stuck with my decision, which I still stand by.  I completely believe that Master moody is Solidly Anti-Town.  

2 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

I agreed with a point with another player made and then went on to justify agreement and thinking.  Perhaps you missed that later post.  And you notice I stuck with my decision, which I still stand by.  I completely believe that Master moody is Solidly Anti-Town.  

Fair enough, At least you stuck by your vote rather than going after WW or sitting on the fence. I mean I don't really understand the argument, that Moody was "trying too hard to convince people he was town" since that's pretty much what every play would be doing anyway, but too each their own.

Eleventh Doctor (Lady K) - So far his lack of noise making has me keeping an eye out as he is usually more chattering. But it could be due to outside forces so I'm not putting all bets on this one. Worth noting so we don't forget about someone latter on though. 

The Joker (Asphalt) - New mates are always hard to decipher. I don't understand his reasoning for his vote for Moody as being discussed above, but nothing of sparkles has reigned from this lad as of yet. 

Wonder Women (Forresto) - I am still suspicious of you for your day 1 vote. Yesterday we were about to be off with you but decided to change the course. Granted Finn was being very odd. I still find you scummy, maybe the most from everyone here. 

Legolas (jluck) - You were a good lad. 

Finn (Foreman) - Why did you claim scum

So far I am most suspicious of Wonder Women and Oroku, and to a lesser extent Chell and Doctor Brown. 

The day 2 final vote is pretty worthless as everyone voted for someone who claimed scum. 

Here's the vote when the WW lynch was high. 

Wonder Woman (Forresto), 6 Votes (Khscarymovie4, Mostly-Technic, KotZ, Foreman, Rider Raider, LegoMonorailFan)

Mad-Eye Moody (Mostly-Technic), 2 Votes (fhomess, Asphalt)

Hector Barbossa (Khscarymovie4), 1 Vote (Bob)

The Joker (Asphalt), 1 Vote (Tariq j)

Finn (Foreman), 1 Vote (Forresto)

Chell (fhomess), 1 Vote (Stickfig)

I don't trust WW but there are probably some scum on her behind.