1. There's literally a website called the-blueprints.com

2. Manufacturer's website

Edited by Beck

1 hour ago, Lego2016Lego said:

Were do you guys go to get your blueprints for the MOC's you build? 

Today I got perfect high quality 2D blueprints for my next MOC from https://squir.com/ , one day after having contacted this guy. They cost me some 20,00 EUR, not bad compared to the other mentionned websites. Of course I don´t know if he has available the specific vehicle you are looking for, maybe worth to check this option.

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

Let me answer your question with a question:

What does MOC stand for?

IMHO your definition of what a so called MOC might be is just fine and perfectly accurate. But we could define it even closer - you should create your own bricks either to come up with that term "legally". I think no matter what you´re building - the particular desing itself is important, which requires creativity and solutions / compositions which make your creation unique. 

57 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Today I got perfect high quality 2D blueprints for my next MOC from https://squir.com/ , one day after having contacted this guy. They cost me some 20,00 EUR, not bad compared to the other mentionned websites. Of course I don´t know if he has available the specific vehicle you are looking for, maybe worth to check this option.

IMHO your definition of what a so called MOC might be is just fine and perfectly accurate. But we could define it even closer - you should create your own bricks either to come up with that term "legally". I think no matter what you´re building - the particular desing itself is important, which requires creativity and solutions / compositions which make your creation unique. 

Maybe I missinterpeted his question. I though he was asking where we get building instructions for our self-made models. Is he asking where we get blueprints for references of the real life machines we are replicating in Lego?

21 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Maybe I missinterpeted his question. I though he was asking where we get building instructions for our self-made models. Is he asking where we get blueprints for references of the real life machines we are replicating in Lego?

So I realise I misinterpreted your question as well, so we´re all good. Yeah, I guess he asked which sources you have to look for. Cheapest but not the best way we forgot to mention: Google can help you out sometimes too :sweet: .

13 hours ago, Lego2016Lego said:

Ok, I think I found the stuff I needed. Thank you for all the response!

Sometimes you have to go directly to company that makes machine you are interested in...

You can also try (if you are a glutton for punishment) searching patent office files. Good diagrams but not actually blueprints.

Some manufacturers wil completely ignore modelers request for infoe. I have been trying for over a year to get Caterpillar info on mining equipment.

4 hours ago, knotian said:

You can also try (if you are a glutton for punishment) searching patent office files. Good diagrams but not actually blueprints.

Some manufacturers wil completely ignore modelers request for infoe. I have been trying for over a year to get Caterpillar info on mining equipment.

Perhaps this answer could help; under following link on page 19 are drawings with dimensions and you just have to make print it and calculate desired scale. After calculations you will know what around of "stretching" you need to make your own "blueprint". It is no rocket science ladies and gentlemen. 

(I have quoted your message to help you with search because some 10 years ago I wanted to make mining dozer by CAT)

l_lgor

I got those brochures for their underground series and you are correct they do the job. I was looking at obtaining some of the interior workings.

Ed