Hi all.

This is my first post in this subforum.  I'd like to share my first Ninjago themed MOC that I made late last year with you, a raid on a shrine (and defending it!).

Overview

44042400930_f205a8965a_c.jpgNinjago Shrine Raid 1 by Magma X, on Flickr

Close up (of bad guys in action!)

45134483274_9c83739edb_c.jpgNinjago Shrine Raid 2 by Magma X, on Flickr

Alternative view

44946070605_e379218180_c.jpgNinjago Shrine Raid 3 by Magma X, on Flickr

(Larger versions available on Flickr).

I have no idea what the plots of Ninjago are - I just used some of the figs I had acquired to make a little scene based on a variety of Asian inspired influences (like Ninjago itself really).  I hadn't bought any Ninjago sets until a few years ago (the Temple of Airjitsu seduced me), and since then I've bought a few more sets - there have been a number of great sets released lately and I quite like the dragons and buildings. 

This MOC started from an attempt to build a roof using the "cheese" slopes - getting the centre roof section done took the longest part of the build!  The rest of it flowed from there and it was an opportunity to use some of the exotic leaf colours I had acquired to see what they looked like in a MOC.  This was built for the "Ninjago" monthly build theme for our LUG. 

Thanks for looking.

Hey Magma!

That roof is something else now, isn't it? Definitely the centerpiece of this one. You've done such a tidy job, it's almost hard to see how it's put together. I like how you used 1x1 tiles on jumper plates to give the "broken shingle" effect here. 
Great work.

MAC

Thank you for sharing this excellent build! The mixture of plant construction and the landscaping are great. I like the pathway winding up to the shrine and second the kudos on that roof method.

Have a feature. :classic:

Great job! The details look great, and the roof is certainly done nicely!

The roof really is a standout. I think you dod a great job, whrre you balanced the busy, "old/weathered/tumble-down" style that is so popular for Castle MOCs with a simpler look; it's detailed, but not distracting from the the actual scene. Great use and positioning of minfigs, too. :thumbup:

On 11/21/2018 at 8:31 AM, Peppermint_M said:

Thank you for sharing this excellent build! The mixture of plant construction and the landscaping are great. I like the pathway winding up to the shrine and second the kudos on that roof method.

Have a feature. :classic:

Thanks very much Peppermint_M!  I am humbled to be featured. 

Thanks iammac, JarJarBonks, and rodiziorobs for taking the time to comment, I appreciate you taking the time to do so.  I am glad you like it!

Cheers

M