Sign in to follow this  
ks6349

sorry! question about 60197 and creator expert's building

Hi. Creator Expert e.g. Assembly Square, Parisian Restaurant, Downtown Diner etc. I'd like to know if 60197, which is the CITY series, does the size

of this train have a good proportion with the Creator Expert's buildings?

Is it too big or too small compared to those buildings?

It's an important consideration, if it doesn't look matching, I will skip this train.

LEGO has no refund once opened here. Thanks for comments

btw: is 60197 retired, or retiring? Why it looks quite more expensive than the module building per piece? Does it include complete rails or require further purchase of rails to complete the circuit?

Edited by ks6349

Hello. The LEGO City 60197 Passenger Train is a 2018 set, so it should not be retired yet. Compared to the modular buildings, it is a little small, and the proportions of the train does seem to be shorter compared to real-life passenger trains or the LEGO Creator Expert 10233 Horizon Express. Buying two sets and doubling up on the cars to make it longer would definitely work. And yes, the train tracks do come with the set. 

On 11/19/2018 at 11:22 AM, ExeSandbox said:

Hello. The LEGO City 60197 Passenger Train is a 2018 set, so it should not be retired yet. Compared to the modular buildings, it is a little small, and the proportions of the train does seem to be shorter compared to real-life passenger trains or the LEGO Creator Expert 10233 Horizon Express. Buying two sets and doubling up on the cars to make it longer would definitely work. And yes, the train tracks do come with the set. 

Hello. Can you recommend a list of sets of train that is not yet entirely retired?

I will not buy any train that is retired and priced up or too new which is still expensive.

LEGO does not frequently produce trains. At this point there are only two LEGO city trains that are not retired, the 60197 and 60198, but they are pricey. If you want trains that can fit the modular buildings better, the creator expert Horizon Express, Emerald Night, or Maersk Freight Train is recommended, but they are all unfortunately retired long ago and should be priced up in the aftermarket. 

2 hours ago, ExeSandbox said:

LEGO does not frequently produce trains. At this point there are only two LEGO city trains that are not retired, the 60197 and 60198, but they are pricey. If you want trains that can fit the modular buildings better, the creator expert Horizon Express, Emerald Night, or Maersk Freight Train is recommended, but they are all unfortunately retired long ago and should be priced up in the aftermarket. 

Just checked the name you recommend.

Thanks for your information because I didn't know that Creator Expert has train, I thought they only made buidlings. I am only interested in Horizon Express but yes your are right it's already marked up. 226 dollars on Amazon that I will cetrainly not think about it. 

Do you think they will release train again for Creator Expert? Yes, City version may not match the Expert's buidling very well

City & Expert trains had about the same size, as they share the same rails.

the difference is rather in the details.

If there is a City train that you like, no need to wait for an Expert one ;)

On 11/20/2018 at 6:58 PM, antp said:

City & Expert trains had about the same size, as they share the same rails.

the difference is rather in the details.

If there is a City train that you like, no need to wait for an Expert one ;)

yes, probably Expert won't release train again