Model:

yxqKjxe.png

1HEiG3f.png

hsrv5ft.png

vvSFmEl.png

eHoRlFc.png

DcHq43D.png

Rc71XMc.png

I need to think a while longer about the missing air tanks under the running boards - I am not sure if will be possible to work in with functional driving rods. So far, my efforts there have failed, but I will keep picking at it.

The front plow looks very low...  Does it clear the track? 

I like how you've accomplished alot of the details in this.   

As far as the tanks...  Yes they should be there...  But...  Most nonsteam fans would not know they are missing. . . Honestly If I had not seen the proto photos I may not have realized they were missing! 

Another great build 

Hey, this is going to sound stupid, but does anyone know the driving wheel diameter of the G5s? I can't find it anywhere... but I assume that a PRR locomotive book would probably list it as a matter of course.

On 11/18/2018 at 2:08 PM, ProvenceTristram said:

Hey, this is going to sound stupid, but does anyone know the driving wheel diameter of the G5s? I can't find it anywhere... but I assume that a PRR locomotive book would probably list it as a matter of course.

68", according to this live steam page. BigBenBricks XL should be about the right size at 15"/stud scale. Articulating this locomotive will be tricky.

As a side note, turning on "outlines on bricks" in LDD will make the model much easier to see.

Edited by jtlan