Many people have asked where Johnny got his fabulous hat. Well, now you know:

45860886472_fd0cc01e30_c.jpg

45860887522_67428073ec_c.jpg

45860886842_014c91eb84_c.jpg

45860887232_e0804e1a0a_c.jpg

44997818815_49283b2b2a_c.jpg

Store Location: Bastion
License: Small Artisan

I really love the juxtaposition of modern on a pirate setting... Builds like this are the reason I ended up as a Sea Rat. This build is probably as extreme as I will take this idea.

C&C welcome as always!

Edited by TomSkippy
format

While the historical purist in me baulks at this (mainly the digital cash register!!! :pir-oh3:), it is a fantastic build! The use of the new(ish) rounded tiles to make the font for the sign is great - I haven't seen that before. The shelving also looks good and that is an impressive collection of hats. Minifig posing is also perfect. Great job!

I laughed quite heartily at this...  While not historically correct it's a great build I think this is how the store would have looked back then 

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

@Ayrlego I agree, the build is a bit extreme. 

It was a fun design. Where would pirates buy hats? Then I thought of those slightly obnoxious stores in the mall. 

The only difficulty I had was getting a slightly lighter color behind the hats so the bicornes would stand out a little better. I ended up melting some 1x2x2 white panels trying to dye them dark grey. ?

57 minutes ago, TomSkippy said:

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

@Ayrlego I agree, the build is a bit extreme. 

It was a fun design. Where would pirates buy hats? Then I thought of those slightly obnoxious stores in the mall. 

The only difficulty I had was getting a slightly lighter color behind the hats so the bicornes would stand out a little better. I ended up melting some 1x2x2 white panels trying to dye them dark grey. ?

Ouch please use paper inserts next time....  

18 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Ouch please use paper inserts next time....  

I ended up building a back using dark bluish grey tiles/plates. Frustrating evening. Sad for losing the parts... I have successfully dyed some blue plates dark blue so there’s still some hope!