A couple of years ago, I purchased 42009 and 42043 online for 30-40% off from walmart or target (I can't remember which). These stores usually mark down the price just before lego retires the product. Personally, I wouldn't take a chance with the aforementioned site (https://www.scamadviser.com/is-geeknab.com-a-fake-site.html). Not entirely sure if it's a scam, but there's certainly a chance.

Edited by Beck

If you live in the US, try looking up Bricks and Minifigs. It's an independent shop that sells all kinds of discontinued sets and bulk bricks. My local store has a whole table for Technic, and it is fairly cheap. Your store might not have a lot of Technic, but it's something that isn't ebay.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:51 PM, Saberwing40k said:

If you live in the US, try looking up Bricks and Minifigs. It's an independent shop that sells all kinds of discontinued sets and bulk bricks. My local store has a whole table for Technic, and it is fairly cheap. Your store might not have a lot of Technic, but it's something that isn't ebay.

I do and thank you, this will help a lot.

I guess this is relevant mainly for Norwegian members. 42055 is now available for 1000 NOK (around 100 euro) at Lekekassen.no, until tomorrow. Free shipping for orders above 1000 NOK. I believe this set will soon retire, so I have ordered 2 myself. Not sure if this is right topic for this post.