G0d0fninjas12

lego piece height difference

what i do on LDD is look at instruction books and do them in LDD, but i am now stuck. In it, it wants me to have a brick upside down, a brick right-side up, and put them right next to each other so it is flat (the right-side up piece is a flat tile), when ever i do this, there is always a very tiny height difference that makes it hard for me to add the next piece there, is there any way i can do this?

LDD problem.PNG

Edited by G0d0fninjas12

Hello, and welcome to Eurobricks.

I'll move your topic to the LEGO Digital Designer and other digital tools subforum, where you should be able to get an answer to your question by our local experts.

Usually there problems are due to:
- use of the wrong bricks as a SNOT, for example technic bricks with pin hole have different measures than standard bricks.
- use of some LDD automatic tool (such as hinge tool) that during its use slightly move some brick, creating the disalignment. In this case is necessary to remove the disaligned bricks as soon as possible, because they easily propagate the disaligment to all bricks attached to them.
- impossible design: it is not possible to obtain the result in that way, even if thanks to real bricks tolerances is seems possible.

Is it an official set? If so, which one?

For a better help, you should share the LXF file (or the interesting part of it, at least).

PS: please edit topic title (you can do that editing the first post) giving you request a more significative description. With a generic title like this one, it is more difficult to obtain help but, mostly, it will not be helpful for other people with the same problem because impossible to find with search.

Page/book of the instructions? The image I think you tried to attach is not visible (EDIT: I fixed the image, but a reference to the building instructions would be much more helpful).
What about sharing your lxf file? (or part of it, at least)

How the reversed plate is connected? Is it possible to fine move it downwards using a scaffolding?

The 75192 is a challenging build for an LDD novice. Maybe you already became acquainted with LDD building simpler sets?

Edited by Calabar

40 minutes ago, Calabar said:

What about sharing your lxf file?

since i have already used all the attachments i can send (maybe when i rank up i can send more?) this is the link i got it from:

http://lego.brickinstructions.com/pdfdrop/75192_1.pdf

it is on page 89 and the no. is 167 top left of page (it might take a while to load since it has more than 400 pages :p)

i have also tried 2 ways for the scaffolding i saw on youtube but they all equal to this tiny space

also when i first used LDD, i made the small x-wing and other ship models, then i made the giant BB-8, now i am trying to do this, which this is getting me stuck, since i need to put something next to it, but that tiny gap makes it hard to

Edited by G0d0fninjas12
adding more information

Ok, Page 89, Step 167. I'll take a look (not so soon, I'm quite busy this week)

About sharing files, I suggest you to use a LEGO related hosting such as brickshelf or bricksafe, that are reliable and allow to host both images and lxf files and share that with hotlink.

Also bear in mind, that there will be many parts of the instructions that you will simply not be able to do, due to illegal connections. I have already tried to make this in LDD (I got about 3/4 of the way through before giving up), and it's not an easy build. Especially for LDD, considering the lack of up-to-date parts and methods they've used to create the real-life model.

On 11/21/2018 at 3:01 AM, Kevin Flemming said:

I have already tried to make this in LDD (I got about 3/4 of the way through before giving up), and it's not an easy build

welp, i am trying to make it, im gonna keep trying until i give up at the same spot as you.

i had something i couldn't do once but i worked around it but doing something that keeps it the same, it worked out, so lets hope it is fine for me (seriously, lets hope)

It was the body plates that I got frustrated with, so you've got a way to go just yet. They're always a pain on every Millennium Falcon in LDD. But others have made it before me, so it can be done. I just have a short fuse with these things lol.

Keep at it, and you can do it. Best of luck. :wink:

LDD's collisions were making it tricky to get them all flush with one another, and after a while I decided to just quit rather than become more annoyed.

Not sure how other people did it, but looking at the sets that have been made, it's possible at least.

On 11/28/2018 at 11:49 PM, The_Director said:

I highly recommend switching from Ldd to LEGO studio 2.0

i just did that, the bad thing is though, since some of the blocks are hinged right next to each other and there are some parts that don't actually connect (since it wants that) bricklink studio 2.0 makes the block just a black outline showing something is disturbing it, which means it wouldn't work

(i could import .lxf files at least)

One thing I notice alot is to change your angle of the viewing camera  ... Sometimes that simple able change allows the connection.  Sometimes you have to get creative to put the part there then build around it lol.

Edited by Roadmonkeytj