DanSto

[MOC] The Interlace Condominium (Singapore)

Architecture style version of the Interlace Condominium in Singapore  ( https://www.archdaily.com/627887/the-interlace-oma-2 ) which won World Building of the Year 2015 at World Architecture Festival.

The scale is around 1:800 and approximately 3800 parts have been used.

45816839852_0d209ab55f_c.jpg

Interlace_AVG by Daniel Stoeffler, on Flickr

44049662350_3274d471e0_c.jpg

Interlace_AV by Daniel Stoeffler, on Flickr

All pictures : https://www.flickr.com/photos/77709542@N06/albums/72157673455650747

Enjoy

That's an instantly recognizable model of an instantly recognizable building.  The geometry of the block stacking must have been hard to work out; nice job with that.  The surroundings look a little crude, but that's OK for the style of an Architecture set.  As for the buildings themselves, they give me vertigo.  They look fine now, but how will they look in fifty years?  How does one escape from fire or earthquake in an apartment located in the central area of an overhanging block, especially one on the fourth rank?  I'm sure the architects addressed such issues as best they could (and well enough to pass code), but egads, it looks like a disaster waiting to happen.  Your model looks perfectly stable, though!  Much less weight to support on the overhanging blocks.  No warrens of staircases and elevators to get to your apartment.  Just 3800 small Lego bricks stacked neatly.  Much better.

Looks like a rather crazy place to live!  Good choice with the grill pieces, and way to go nailing the architecture style.  I do wish we could see fewer exposed studs on the ground, but I understand the limitations with the wedge plates there.

That does look good, but I'm not sure about the "architecture scale", especially with the part count. If this location was done by lego, I image they would just use white 1x4 bricks for each block.

9 minutes ago, MAB said:

That does look good, but I'm not sure about the "architecture scale", especially with the part count. If this location was done by lego, I image they would just use white 1x4 bricks for each block.

The scale in architecture-like model is not relevant if you consider the Savoy house and the Burj Khalifah tower, for example, and has nothing to do with the parts count which is more related to the details included into the model.

IMHO, lego would not use 1x4 bricks because the final model would be awfull. In my model, each block is approx. 12 x 3 studs : so the scale is approx. 3 times larger than what you suggest. But with this scale, my model allows to include some details like the 6 levels of each block with the windows, the various terraces, the step and lift section, the various roofs, ... : this details give the residential character to the building -which is essential for me - which would absolutely not be the case with single 1x4 bricks (it could be a factory, a bunker, ...)