Robert8

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & discussion

Recommended Posts

Well that comment matches the leak, so legit so far I guess. The expecti protonum Set is hopefully one with a couple dementors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to get off topic, but I was wondering if anyone had any idea if the Shrieking Shack is still happening? I mean the Whomping Willow left it (hypothetically) wide open. If not, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what other sets could be used for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 6:32 PM, DocStrange said:

Sorry to get off topic, but I was wondering if anyone had any idea if the Shrieking Shack is still happening? I mean the Whomping Willow left it (hypothetically) wide open. If not, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what other sets could be used for it? 

Edited by LordVoldemort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

That’s what I’m wondering too- there’s rumors at the moment of a haunted house Disney D2C- and I’m wondering if it’s actually the shrieking shack? 

A shrieking snack D2C feels kinda believable, even though I’d much prefer a D2C be part of the castle 

We are not sure if the Disney D2C will be a haunted house (we are just speculating at this point) but we are sure that it is a DISNEY D2C. Harry Potter is Warner Brothers property. They don't own everything yet.

Edited by GrandDukeofKumquats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this list! POA is my favorite HP movie so it’s great to see so many sets based on it. Sure it would have been nice to get a new chamber of secrets but I’m sure LEGO will eventually find a way to make it work. 

From the list I think the expecto patronum will be on the lake with Sirius, Harry, a dementor or two and the patronus stag.

Triwizard tournament will definitely be the first task, it’s more iconic than the second task and they teased the Horntail with the D2C. 

Hagrids hut sounds great, hopefully a new buckbeak like everyone has been saying.

The night bus exites me the least personally, but that’s just because I’m not sure how much different they could make it from the old one, but I’ll probably pick it up anyway.

the watch tower I think will be the clock tower with the pendulum from POA, it’s kind of odd we’re only getting one set from GOF but I’m not sure what part of hogwarts could go with that. 

Overall I’m really exited for this wave! What minifigures do you all speculate will be Included in each set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Can’t believe Lego are moving on to movie 4 already.

The list has three in there as well. Expecto Patronum & Knight Bus are definitely three. Hagrid’s Hut could very well be as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

Overall I’m really exited for this wave! What minifigures do you all speculate will be Included in each set?

Expecto Patronum: Sirius (prisoner outfit), Harry and 2 Dementors

Knight Bus: Harry, Ernie Prang, Stan Shunpike and maybe some more figs?

Tri-Wizard Challange: Harry and hopefully also Fleur or Krum

Hagrid's Hut: Hagrid, Harry, Hermione, Dumbledore, Fudge and maybe MacNair

Watchtower: Harry, Hermione, Madam Pomfrey and the rest I honestly don't know. Maybe this set would include Sirius?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

Overall I’m really exited for this wave! What minifigures do you all speculate will be Included in each set?

Expecto Patronum:

Sirius Black, Harry Potter, 2 Dementors

Tri Wizard Challenge:

Harry, Rita Skeeter, Krum, Fleur

Knight Bus (+ Privet drive?):

Harry, Stan Shunpike, Ernie Prang, Vernon, Petunia and Dudley

Hagrids Hut: 

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Fudge, (Macnair)

Watchtower:

Madam Pomfrey, Harry, Fred and George, Ron, Lupin, Neville, Crabbe and Goyle

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Knight Bus: Harry, Ernie Prang, Stan Shunpike and maybe some more figs?

If the sets in the brickfanatics list are arranged in ascending order (meaning this would be larger than Hagrid’s Hut), then it has to include at least one or two more minifigs :sweet: The Dursleys maybe?

Personally, I hope to see Sirius, Fleur, Viktor, Fang, Buckbeak and some more Hogwarts staff (Pomfrey and Sprout mainly). Of course there are many others I’d like to see, but none of them would make sense in this list (Lockhard, Pettigrew, Tonks, Kingsley, generic Death Eaters, Lucius, more Weasleys and Bellatrix, just to name a few). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Personally, I hope to see Sirius, Fleur, Viktor, Fang, Buckbeak and some more Hogwarts staff (Pomfrey and Sprout mainly). Of course there are many others I’d like to see, but none of them would make sense in this list (Lockhard, Pettigrew, Tonks, Kingsley, generic Death Eaters, Lucius, more Weasleys and Bellatrix, just to name a few). 

Peter Pettigrew and the Weasley twins could be in the Watchtower set, though the twins would be more likely. IF they are included I'd also hope to get a new printed Marauder's Map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Facebook comment is bogus since TLG apparently only had one new set on display - the Rexcelsior -, even behind curtains:

The LEGO Group attended the event with a private showroom, unveiling just one product – The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 70839 Rexcelsior!. Although announced, the set was not made available to get hands-on with or photograph. It will be released on May 1. 

Source: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-products-at-london-toy-fair-2019/

Unveiling only three out of five sets for a theme that‘s based on a movie series that has concluded 8 years prior wouldn‘t make much sense anyway, now would it :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a really good list. I do wish we could get a few more sets from movies 1 and 2 but I never really expected it to happen. I am hoping we can get Lockhart eventually SOMEHOW. But I very much like the sound of those sets and the possibilities of minifigs. Personally I hope the Expecto Patronum set (if it’s real) is from the scene at the lake with Sirius. I would also love the Triwizard set to come with Harry, Fleur, and Krum in their 4th task uniforms to along with Cedric. We shall see. Until it’s confirmed I’ll try not to get my hopes too high, but honestly I’ll be happy with any HP sets we get

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys think that the Triwizard Challenge set could be a 2 in 1? Like we get the first task and the mermaid task in one set? Because why wouldn‘t they call it something specific like „Rescue from the merpeople“ or „Escape the Hungarian Horntail“?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, topiku said:

Do you guys think that the Triwizard Challenge set could be a 2 in 1? Like we get the first task and the mermaid task in one set? Because why wouldn‘t they call it something specific like „Rescue from the merpeople“ or „Escape the Hungarian Horntail“?

The position in the list implies it to be quite a small set, so it probably has to be either :wink:

Just now, Swamp said:

Are those even official names?

Nope, it’s a rumour from a trusted source :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Sounds like a really good list. I do wish we could get a few more sets from movies 1 and 2 but I never really expected it to happen. I am hoping we can get Lockhart eventually SOMEHOW. But I very much like the sound of those sets and the possibilities of minifigs. Personally I hope the Expecto Patronum set (if it’s real) is from the scene at the lake with Sirius. I would also love the Triwizard set to come with Harry, Fleur, and Krum in their 4th task uniforms to along with Cedric. We shall see. Until it’s confirmed I’ll try not to get my hopes too high, but honestly I’ll be happy with any HP sets we get

I'm guessing LEGO will release sets 2 movies at a time first (so 2018 - 1+2 / 2019 - 3+4 / 2020 - 5+6 / 2021 - 7). After that they will probably return to earlier movies to fill in the gaps

Edited by Guyon2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'm guessing LEGO will release sets 2 movies at a time first (so 2018 - 1+2 / 2019 - 3+4 / 2020 - 5+6 / 2021 - 7). After that they will probably return to earlier movies to fill in the gaps

I was thinking along the same lines. It makes sense to cover a general amount of material and then go back to fill in the gaps if the line continues long enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had to guess minifigs I would say...

Expecto Patronum: Harry, Sirius, 2 Dementors

Triwizard Challenge: Harry, Cedric, Fleur, Krum, Moody

Knight Bus: Harry, Stan Shunpike, Vernon, Marge

Hagrid's Hut: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid

Clock Tower: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Neville, Draco, Lupin, Snape

Really hoping the Clock Tower is Prisoner of Azkaban themed, I love that movie and I'd get that one for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nope, it’s a rumour from a trusted source :wink:

I get it, should've made myself clearer. I meant if they are official according to the source in response to @topiku's post above mine :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think the Facebook comment is bogus since TLG apparently only had one new set on display - the Rexcelsior -, even behind curtains:

Source: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-products-at-london-toy-fair-2019/

Unveiling only three out of five sets for a theme that‘s based on a movie series that has concluded 8 years prior wouldn‘t make much sense anyway, now would it :tongue:

It may very vel be that the comment is bogus, but I also find it unlikley that lego only had one new set the toyfair :sceptic:

Well it could be several reasons why they do not revel some sets in a wave along with the rest, maybe they are missing a new mould, not finished in time etc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The absence of a Shrieking shack is kind of odd in my opinion, I think this would be better than a „Expecto Patronum“ set...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, topiku said:

The absence of a Shrieking shack is kind of odd in my opinion, I think this would be better than a „Expecto Patronum“ set...

Well you can’t really compare the two. The Expecto Patronum set is supposed to be very small whereas a Shrieking Shack would be much bigger so one couldn’t replace the other for a spot in the wave. Shrieking Shack would most likely be around the same piece count as the Knight Bus or something, maybe bigger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm guessing LEGO will release sets 2 movies at a time first (so 2018 - 1+2 / 2019 - 3+4 / 2020 - 5+6 / 2021 - 7). After that they will probably return to earlier movies to fill in the gaps

Granted the Express is basically an every movie set, it’s inclusion of Lupin has it as a year 3. Or with Luna, it’s year 6. Then we have the Trolley Witch, who didn’t appear until...4? And the Willow is from year 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Then we have the Trolley Witch, who didn’t appear until...4?

She appears in the first film... how do you not remember the famous “we’ll take everything scene” and Harry finding Dumbledore on his Chocolate Frog card, although I think with that set they were just taking some liberties from the book, like with Lucien Bole in the Quidditch set, she appears in Book 3 giving the trio Pumpkin Pasties after failing to wake Lupin

Edited by The Dangerous HC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Granted the Express is basically an every movie set, it’s inclusion of Lupin has it as a year 3. Or with Luna, it’s year 6. Then we have the Trolley Witch, who didn’t appear until...4? And the Willow is from year 3. 

As stated by The Dangerous HC the Trolley Witch was in Philosopher's Stone too. For the Willow set, its year 2 not 3. While the Whomping Willow does appear in 3 this specific scene is from 2, you might want to watch the movie again.

The Ford Anglia is included (which, by my recollection, only appeared in Chamber of Secrets), and the 2 Hogwarts Staff characters are Filch and Snape. After Harry and Ron get out of the car they run to the Great Hall for the feast but they get caught by Filch, who brings them to Snape's office (which is also the reason Snape's office is in the set). If you think about it, its pretty obvious the Whomping Willow set is from year 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.