Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

No one asked your opinion - I won't be boycotting the wave as I will be buying the POA sets and the clocktower and just burning the fleur/krum.

My memory might be faulty, but I can't remember anyone asking for yours :wink: Frankly, that's just a childish reaction, if you buy the sets and don't like those two figs, then either sell them or give them to charity :purrr: I doubt burning them at the stake will accomplish anything :tongue:

I would actually very much love to see four more versions of Krum down the line (second task, Durmstrang robes/coat, third task, and Bulgarian seeker uniform) and three more versions of Fleur (second task, Beaubaxtons uniform, and third task). 

Also, in case anyone is interested but couldn’t see it properly, Harry’s first task uniform DOES say POTTER on the back. The lighting makes it extremely hard to see it but I can just make it out

They should have just made one version of Fleur and Krum - in their uniforms with new faces and hair. They are the perfect candidate for CMFs. 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would actually very much love to see four more versions of Krum down the line (second task, Durmstrang robes/coat, third task, and Bulgarian seeker uniform) and three more versions of Fleur (second task, Beaubaxtons uniform, and third task). 

Hmm, I forgot how much fun those big fluffy coats and hats were, it’s just the shirts and pants underneath that are bland. 

And I hope you’re only talking about GoF outfits here, because I’d love to get Fleur’s wedding dress :wub:

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Hmm, I forgot how much fun those big fluffy coats and hats were, it’s just the shirts and pants underneath that are bland. 

And I hope you’re only talking about GoF outfits here, because I’d love to get Fleur’s wedding dress :wub:

Yes I was just talking about GOF but I would also love that version of her, maybe even a Shell Cottage version too but that many variations is a lot to hope for. But I love getting as many variations of characters as possible. I may even try to make a more book accurate Fleur just for fun

Also, Neville’s Yule Ball dress robes are almost identical to Harry’s even down to the white bow tie so there’s an easy custom right there. And Cedric’s only major difference is a black bow tie so maybe?

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Ok, I'm tired of policing this thread 24/7, so read and understand this: 

On this site, everyone is entitled to an opinion. On this site no single person's opinion is more valid than any others.

And on this site we respect one another. If that is something you cannot handle, I will remove you from this site. 

I don't want to see one more flame war argument from this thread again. 

Back to the Lego opinions please... 

Am I the only one who thinks Fleur actually looks pretty good?? The hair should be draco's color, but I like her! Krum needs a different face for sure

Just now, Ultron said:

Am I the only one who thinks Fleur actually looks pretty good?? The hair should be draco's color, but I like her! Krum needs a different face for sure

Fleur‘s figure is pretty meh :/

Just now, topiku said:

Fleur‘s figure is pretty meh :/

Not terribly interesting but true enough to the source I think. I bet the Yule Ball versions will be very cool though. I’ll definitely be replacing her head as the one they are using is pretty much the one female face print I don’t like, but that’s easy enough

Personally I think that the Fleur figure is a little bland, not because of TLG but because of the in universe design of her outfit for the first task. With the design that it has I don't thin that silver would have looked that good on plastic and think that the gold and tan (while not as accurate to the source material) works better. Fleur's on s face while not the best choice matches her character well enough based on  what I  can remember of the film and pictures of her that I found online (as to formulate my thoughts on all of their faces).

Harry looks  great with Lloyd  hair piece in black as it matches the messiness and length of the hair perfectly. Harry's robes  look great and I think that the arms being red helps highlight the colors of his outfit and  stand a part from Cedric as the main character should.

As far as Krum and Cedric there  robes look great matching the source materials quit nicely. While their face choices aren't the best either, they are actually starting to grow on me. While neither of the faces  given to Cedric  completely capture his look, the Solo one doesn't look bad at all. In fact looking at the  different pictures of Cedric from the movie, it is easy to see the likeness of the two and why Lego chose it. Out of the three Victors is the wort but still looks fin even though it doesn't have a printed goatee.  The emission of his goatee or facial hair makes sense, and is honestly for the best, because it's rather light in the movie and would probably look to dark or bushy given the limitations to Legos printing.

Overall this years waves of Harry Potter lego sets is quite  promising. The new buckbeak looks fantastic especially with the way the molded head was done. The stag looks amazing with the glittery look on its translucent blue body.  While not completely representing the characters they are based on ( with many figures not doing so in general), the champions for what they are look great including the faces especially when the budget and Legos printing/color limitations are considered. Lego didn't have to bring back the theme but its great  that they did and have the opportunity  to make the sets better than the original ones were.

I don’t think people understand that complaining isn’t going to change the fact that it’s happening. Sure it’s nice to dream of side arm leg and dual molding etc, but lego is really trying with these sets, and the revamp of Harry Potter is fan service. If you don’t like the figures, there’s easy ways to swap out the parts so you don’t have to look at them.

As someone who grew up with the very first Harry Potter sets only to then have a dark age and miss all the subsequent Harry Potter waves where they covered so many more characters, I am just thrilled to be able to get characters I have never had before and the prospect of some more great figs in the future. Sure if I start to look closely then I could be negative about certain parts of certain figures (no leg printing for the Quidditch figs for example), but usually there seems a good reason for Lego's choice e.g. giving leg printing to the Quidditch characters with normal legs would have made them different from the child Quidditch figs with the shorter legs, so short of dual moulding all the legs, no printing was the best way to keep things uniform. That's not to say Lego should be lazy, but let's remember they have given us some great figures already in the first wave and we have yet to see the rest of what is to come this year. :)

Edited by BacktoBricks

Will we get more Fantastic Beasts sets and figures based on the Crimes of Grindelwald this year? I'm one of those who actually really enjoy the new movies, and to my surprise, in particular the latest one. So looking forward to what's to come from TLG HP this year. My wallet is not... :-P

1 hour ago, LDDproductions said:

I don’t think people understand that complaining isn’t going to change the fact that it’s happening. Sure it’s nice to dream of side arm leg and dual molding etc, but lego is really trying with these sets, and the revamp of Harry Potter is fan service. If you don’t like the figures, there’s easy ways to swap out the parts so you don’t have to look at them.

.I agree. Lego is really trying to revamp the series and has so far done a wonderful job. The effort shows in the sets that they released last year and have already shown effort in what has been leaked so far.  None of the figures are truly bad or lazy.  I am just happy that they are giving us all the champions especially Fleur who is making her day view as a lego figure. Cheers to lego making the characters that they have never made before.

40 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

As someone who grew up with the very first Harry Potter sets only to then have a dark age and miss all the subsequent Harry Potter waves where they covered so many more characters, I am just thrilled to be able to get characters I have never had before and the prospect of some more great figs in the future. Sure if I start to look closely then I could be negative about certain parts of certain figures (no leg printing for the Quidditch figs for example), but usually there seems a good reason for Lego's choice e.g. giving leg printing to the Quidditch characters with normal legs would have made them different from the child Quidditch figs with the shorter legs, so short of dual moulding all the legs, no printing was the best way to keep things uniform. That's not to say Lego should be lazy, but let's remember they have given us some great figures already in the first wave and we have yet to see the rest of what is to come this year. :)

here here. Everything Lego has done for the figures so far makes sense.

9 minutes ago, snoozle said:

Will we get more Fantastic Beasts sets and figures based on the Crimes of Grindelwald this year? I'm one of those who actually really enjoy the new movies, and to my surprise, in particular the latest one. So looking forward to what's to come from TLG HP this year. My wallet is not... :-P

As far as we are aware, no. The movie didn't have the best reception so it is not likely that they will release any more for the first two fantastic beast movies.  While I as a harry potter fan really liked it, there is much controversy in the hp fandom since the movie changes all the lore and things we were told in the harry potter books/movies.  I don't belive that Lego could capitalize on it.

Just now, legogoblin2099 said:

The movie didn't have the best reception so it is not likely that they will release any more for the first two fantastic beast movies.  While I as a harry potter fan really liked it, there is much controversy in the hp fandom since the movie changes all the lore and things we were told in the harry potter books/movies.  I don't belive that Lego could capitalize on it.

The design process of this year's sets started well before CoG had its theatrical release, so any planned sets based on that movie would be released regardless :wink: Unless they decided to outright cancel them that is, but I don't think they'd cancel sets due to a movie's mixed reception.

Speaking of which: some of the fans have probably jumped the gun a bit in their lore-related criticism. I think the apparent contradictions will be explained in future installments :classic:

Back to the sets: one of August releases is rumored to be a Graveyard (so it could technically be a CoG set) and the other is entirely unknown, so we can't tell for certain what awaits us...

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

You set your expectations way too high, these arent CMF figures to warrant leg/armprinting and everything. BTW, its pretty damn obvious Harry is very poorly lit

I very rarely see any good deals but the biggest toy store in the Netherlands has just gone bankrupt, so there'll be a big sale tomorrow. I'm definetely going but I'm not expecting anything 

Oh not at all :laugh_hard: I know the difference between cmf quality and that of sets. (Although we've been spoiled pretty much on both sides last year :tongue:) Ofcourse I didn't expect arm or leg printing, (Marvel has shown me plenty of times what we should expect xD), although it would've been nice to see it on these figures in particular (well Fleur doesn't really have a need for them). Ofcourse Harry is poorly lit, but I still think he will look too dark. The red in the original costume (as well as the first figure) resembles the classic red brick colour a little bit better, and the printing will probably look still a little bit off because it's printed on black. It won't look bad, but I personally just prefer more colourfull figures, like people preferred a brown clothed Quirrel above the black one we got (although that one didn't really bother me) Other parts also dissapoint me a little, especially 2 of the faces, but I understand the decision and (as we've seen) Lego made good use of the budget they saved with this choice. Still I'm gonna buy the set because it's Lego, and the great thing about Lego is that you can build whatever you want. Although the figures dissapoint me, they bring me the perfect pieces to create versions I do like, in the end that's what Lego is all about.

Btw thanks for the tip about Intertoys, didn't know there was going to be a sale, might check it out.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

The design process of this year's sets started well before CoG had its theatrical release, so any planned sets based on that movie would be released regardless :wink: Unless they decided to outright cancel them that is, but I don't think they'd cancel sets due to a movie's mixed reception.

Speaking of which: some of the fans have probably jumped the gun a bit in their lore-related criticism. I think the apparent contradictions will be explained in future installments :classic:

Back to the sets: one of August releases is rumored to be a Graveyard (so it could technically be a CoG set) and the other is entirely unknown, so we can't tell for certain what awaits us...

I thought it was confirmed by someone in here that all the sets are HP, no FB? 

Agree 100%. I don’t have nearly as many problems with CoG as some people do. It’s biggest issue for me was pacing, and that’s hardly unexpected from an author who went from books that took place over the course of a school year to movies that cover a couple of days. And I concur that the biggest lore issue will likely be resolved (raise your hand if you actually believe facts that you only hear from a super villain :head_back:)

And you’re also right in the fact that the critical reception from a portion of the adult fan base isn’t going to effect  any plans for this year’s sets. You know what it’s also not going to effect? The way the target audience aka kids are going to feel about the movie and sets. 

Kids and teens aren’t going to be hung up over how McGonagall’s age was changed. They’re going to look at all the fun scenes and want a lego Zouwu. Heck, I’m in my twenties and I want a lego Zouwu. 

As for the possibility of sets this year, we still have absolutely zero facts about August sets. I’m still extremely skeptical about them being Harry Potter and not Fantastic Beasts despite them coming out 2 months after the actual Harry Potter wave. Yes I know they’re under the Harry Potter name on some leaked list, but it’s possible that there was enough confusion with some people that they made the decision to lump both Wizarding World themes under the more recognizable Harry Potter name for whatever organizational/marketing purpose that list serves. (Out of interest where does that list come from?)

Some of them have jumped the gun big time an d probably all for  nothing. I don’t know why some people have  issues with a new author expanding the world they created. While a possibility it is very unlikely.

DISCLAIMER: * THESE ARE CUSTOMS MADE BY lego3x11l ON YOUTUBE *

Not trying to advertise as this is not the place, but I hope LEGO nails ron's design like this guy did. Aand now I want those patil twins and a cloth for viktor.

* Sorry if this has been posted already

ezimba18467938324101.jpg.af1706aeec2516b6b6be68d3a0483689.jpg

Edited by Otherworld

Just now, Otherworld said:

DISCLAIMER: * THESE ARE CUSTOMS MADE BY lego3x11l ON YOUTUBE *

Not trying to advertise as this is not the place, but I hope LEGO nails ron's design like this guy did. Aand now I want those patil twins and a cloth for viktor.

* Sorry if this has been posted already

ezimba18467938324101.jpg.af1706aeec2516b6b6be68d3a0483689.jpg

They really did nail Ron’s dress robes!

same on the cloth cape for Victor tbh, but I’m secretly glad we’re not getting the Patil twins yet, if we get them in another set in thier uniforms it could increase the chances that Lego will sneak Padma into a ravenclaw uniform (fingers crossed)

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I don't see why not as there's some action in that scene! It would probably be called Fleur and Bill's wedding crash. But who knows if they will even get past Order of Phoenix/HBP sets...

18 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I don't see why not as there's some action in that scene! It would probably be called Fleur and Bill's wedding crash. But who knows if they will even get past Order of Phoenix/HBP sets...

If everyone keeps snapping up the next waves they did the first, Lego will have more than enough incentive to continue the theme for years (and fill in all the gaps they missed during the first run - let’s make the Yule Ball scene a best seller) 

I’m really hoping that we do get a Weasley wedding as part of a Burrow set - it would be a great way to set a Burrow remake apart from the 2010 set. 

As a Hufflepuff, I am so thrilled how we now have Third and First Task Cedric figs!

We Hufflepuffs got so lucky with our House being portrayed in the books/films which resulted in Hufflepuff apparel! By this, I mean: Hufflepuff Quidditch robes in POA, Triwizard Task robes, long sleeves and tanks.