Robert8

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & discussion

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

You set your expectations way too high, these arent CMF figures to warrant leg/armprinting and everything. BTW, its pretty damn obvious Harry is very poorly lit

I very rarely see any good deals but the biggest toy store in the Netherlands has just gone bankrupt, so there'll be a big sale tomorrow. I'm definetely going but I'm not expecting anything 

Come over to Austria making holidays...

Than go home with a lot of LEGO:wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they all look pretty good, and it's great we get all 4. Really looking forward to this wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CLK143 said:

I think they all look pretty good, and it's great we get all 4. Really looking forward to this wave.

We don't get all 4 when 2 aren't official. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LegoSims20 said:

We don't get all 4 when 2 aren't official. 

What is your problem? We’re getting updates for a minifigure we haven’t gotten in years and 2 completely new minifigures, what’s with the negativity? I think there’s enough negativity in this forum, we don’t need more man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly. A theme long thought dead returns triumphantly, giving us minifigs, animals, accessories and scenes people have been clamouring for for years and people complain about reused face prints :snicker:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

What is your problem? We’re getting updates for a minifigure we haven’t gotten in years and 2 completely new minifigures, what’s with the negativity? I think there’s enough negativity in this forum, we don’t need more man

Because they aren't official figures - I could have ordered the faces and hairs online and made them myself. There is no point including them if they have made zero effort to make them look like them - I would rather they didn't exist. And the creators really need to evaluate their morals and work ethic if they are proud to put them out, and to have the nerve to charge people (esp. children) for them. 

Honestly, I hope social justice warriors jump on Lego for giving Krum that hair when it doesn't fit his ethnicity so they have to change it. 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Exactly. A theme long thought dead returns triumphantly, giving us minifigs, animals, accessories and scenes people have been clamouring for for years and people complain about reused face prints :snicker:

because it's lazy and they look like trash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LegoSims20 said:

Because they aren't official figures - I could have ordered the faces and hairs online and made them myself

so, the torsos aren't new? oh I am surprised, if you're going to do nothing but complain maybe this isn't the place for you, I was civil in my first message, but honestly, this is just a drag, the fact you're abusive to other people in the forum is bad enough, but you're just so negative, we don't need this, it's just a kid's toy after all

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

And the creators really need to evaluate their morals and work ethic if they are proud to put them out, and to have the nerve to charge people (esp. children) for them.

EVERY theme uses previously used face prints, this isn't a new thing, there is NO need for any of this

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

because it's lazy and they look like trash

1) they hardly look like trash, Krum may be innacurate, but so what

2) they are 2 figures out of however many we are getting in this wave, the fact you're willing to sacrifice an entire wave of sets because of 2 reused face prints is, in my eyes, very strange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We need to remember that these sets were probably finished and parts/prints choices made way before TLG knew how well the HP sales would do! It's all business in the end! Next time they will probably invest more in prints and pieces now that they realize they have a good market for it.

Let's be thankful that we're getting something as UNIQUE as the yule ball minifigures! We were all pretty surprised! And woah, new stag and buckbeak molds, horntail and several other sets, not just a couple of them. You go TLG! :thumbup:

Edited by Otherworld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, Otherworld said:

We need to remember that these sets were probably finished and parts/prints choices made way before TLG knew how well the HP sales would do! It's all business in the end! Next time they will probably invest more in prints and pieces now that they realize they have a good market for it.

exactly, they wouldn't want to put too much money into the sets/figures because the second wave last time didn't sell too well, so they don't want to waste whatever they put into it in case this wave fails like last time, which I don't see happening, but anything can happen

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen a lot of negativity on here and on Instagram surrounding these minifigs, what you have to remember is, these are Lego's final designs and it's what we are all getting in the set whether we like it or not so for me, I'm just staying positive now and I'm actually excited to get this set because it's been a long time since we got the dragon task set and also I'm just happy Lego is doing another wave of Harry Potter. This is much better than Lego just doing the wave last year and that's it forever, at least we are getting more sets even if they do reuse some face prints.

Cedric and Fleur look alright, they kind of look like who they are meant to be which is fine to me, I don't mind at this point, Krum isn't accurate to the movie, but if Lego added a goatee to that exact face they have given him, no one would really be complaining so it's not a big deal. All three of their torso prints are brand new and look accurate and amazing. Lego did a good job with the costumes.

I have also seen a few people say they don't like/hate Harry's new hair, why? I always thought Lloyd's hair in black works perfectly. You have to remember that they are using that hair just for the Goblet of Fire version of Harry, he had very long hair, pretty much shoulder length and Lloyd's hair matches that perfectly and its even parted the same as Harry's hair in the film. It was either going to be Lloyd's hair or Lego reuse the skater boy hair from the CMF. I'm sure we will get a different hair piece for Harry in the Prisoner of Azkaban sets (probably the one introduced last year in the Great Hall, Hogwart's Express sets etc) or even a new piece entirely. Honestly look at the new Harry leak on Instagram then compare to a Google picture of Goblet of Fire Harry, like I can't think of an existing piece that would work better than that.

Anyway though, I'm still buying this set the day it comes out and I can't wait to see more photos of other minifigs from the other sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Otherworld said:

We need to remember that these sets were probably finished and parts/prints choices made way before TLG knew how well the HP sales would do! It's all business in the end! Next time they will probably invest more in prints and pieces now that they realize they have a good market for it.

Then they better include a Krum and Fleur in the next CMF.

Just now, Lego Lad said:

I have seen a lot of negativity on here and on Instagram surrounding these minifigs, what you have to remember is, these are Lego's final designs 

We don't even know if they are final so there's still hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LegoSims20 said:

Then they better include a Krum and Fleur in the next CMF.

We don't even know if they are final so there's still hope.

They could do that, with new face prints. Also if Lego continue to do Harry Potter sets for the next few years, we may see a new Goblet of Fire set where they do updated versions of Cedric, Krum and Fleur with new more accurate face prints, so I'm not really worried. Anything can happen in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude... Krum has like 10 minutes of screen time in the whole Harry Potter franchise (8 movies + 2FB films) 

I'd get the complaints if Harry or Dumbledore reuse an old face print... but Krum??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Anyway this argument is pointless. If you guys love mediocrity then go ahead and wallow in it and accept shoddy workmanship. But when the time comes when something you consider important is half-done then don't expect me to support your cries for change. 

Edited by LegoSims20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LegoSims20 said:

But these are meant to be the new and updated sets, that's the problem.

Because it's lazy and a rip-off and they should NOT have made one if they were going to do this. The old one looked 100000000000x better.

With all honesty you should just go message LEGO your opinion, and I mean it in the friendliest way possible. Your frequent complaints here won't make everyone agree with you and say "Hell yeah let's protest to TLG so they change things up and stop the production!". 

You of course, are entitled to your own opinion, and you have the right to say you hate them with a passion. And while I don't like the faceprints either, saying it a thousand times and saying the designers have no morals truly gets you nowhere. Let's focus on the solution instead shall we? What can be done will be done, and what cannot be done, won't. There's no way around it. You can't change what is done.

So what can you do? Either wait to see the final product (Though I believe this is it) customize your own decals, use other heads/hairpieces, and/or keep supporting the theme with enthusiasm so they keep bringing awesome stuff.

Personally, swapping heads and hairpieces would be something fun for me, but since I am a purist FREAK, I don't even like changing official figures lmao. Can't wait to see these at the store, I'm ready to feel 9 again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Otherworld said:

With all honesty you should just go message LEGO your opinion, and I mean it in the friendliest way possible. Your frequent complaints here won't make everyone agree with you and say "Hell yeah let's protest to TLG so they change things up and stop the production!". 

You of course, are entitled to your own opinion, and you have the right to say you hate them with a passion. And while I don't like the faceprints either, saying it a thousand times and saying the designers have no morals truly gets you nowhere. Let's focus on the solution instead shall we? What can be done will be done, and what cannot be done, won't. There's no way around it. You can't change what is done.

So what can you do? Either wait to see the final product (Though I believe this is it) customize your own decals, use other heads/hairpieces, and/or keep supporting the theme with enthusiasm so they keep bringing awesome stuff.

Personally, swapping heads and hairpieces would be something fun for me, but since I am a purist FREAK, I don't even like changing official figures lmao. Can't wait to see these at the store, I'm ready to feel 9 again.

I am the same tbh lol, I don't like changing official minifigs, I will just keep these minifigs exactly how they are, I don't mind anymore. No point complaining a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LegoSims20 said:

Then they better include a Krum and Fleur in the next CMF.

We don't even know if they are final so there's still hope.

We know that these are final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Otherworld said:

We need to remember that these sets were probably finished and parts/prints choices made way before TLG knew how well the HP sales would do! It's all business in the end! Next time they will probably invest more in prints and pieces now that they realize they have a good market for it.

Let's be thankful that we're getting something as UNIQUE as the yule ball minifigures! We were all pretty surprised! And woah, new stag and buckbeak molds, horntail and several other sets, not just a couple of them. You go TLG! :thumbup:

Always this. Lego didn’t have to revive the theme. They could have taken the safe option and left a theme based around a film/book series within the timeframe it all came out in. But they twigged that the kids who read the books and bought the sets the first time round are now probably parents and/or in possession of disposable income. For that I know I am grateful. 

The figures of 2019 are strides better than the first waves, and the sets will be more affordable to obtain than the originals in as new condition. I don’t get this concept of boycotting the entire wave of the theme because a face isn’t acceptable. It’s Lego; use a different head. That’s the joy of it. Such vitriol is unwarranted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedHoodPug said:

Always this. Lego didn’t have to revive the theme. They could have taken the safe option and left a theme based around a film/book series within the timeframe it all came out in. But they twigged that the kids who read the books and bought the sets the first time round are now probably parents and/or in possession of disposable income. For that I know I am grateful. 

The figures of 2019 are strides better than the first waves, and the sets will be more affordable to obtain than the originals in as new condition. I don’t get this concept of boycotting the entire wave of the theme because a face isn’t acceptable. It’s Lego; use a different head. That’s the joy of it. Such vitriol is unwarranted.

No one asked your opinion - I won't be boycotting the wave as I will be buying the POA sets and the clocktower and just burning the fleur/krum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Always this. Lego didn’t have to revive the theme. They could have taken the safe option and left a theme based around a film/book series within the timeframe it all came out in. But they twigged that the kids who read the books and bought the sets the first time round are now probably parents and/or in possession of disposable income. For that I know I am grateful. 

The figures of 2019 are strides better than the first waves, and the sets will be more affordable to obtain than the originals in as new condition. I don’t get this concept of boycotting the entire wave of the theme because a face isn’t acceptable. It’s Lego; use a different head. That’s the joy of it. Such vitriol is unwarranted.

I don’t understand it either. I too think that Krum face print is ridiculous. But here are my options:

1) buy all the sets and get tons of amazing new figures, creatures, and builds, just have to find a way to fix one or two faces, or

2) deprive myself of every single new minifig and build in this wave because I’m unhappy with one or two figures

It’s a no brainer for me, option 1 every time. This isn’t a personal attack on anyone, it’s just simple logic

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe I just saw someone use the phrase "social justice warrior" on a forum for adult fans of a children's toy based on a pretend school for kid wizards. What a world we live in.

FWIW, I think the resurrection of the Harry Potter line has been nearly flawless. I never was a huge fan of the source material, but the theme came back just as my kid was getting to the age where the first few movies were right up his alley. I've gotten every set to build with him, and I intend to keep doing so. Of all the licensed themes that I care about, HP seems to be making the maximum effort to deliver value for the price. I understand that some people disagree (and prefer to do so disagreeably), but this theme has already brought my family a ton of joy so far, and I'm confident it will continue to do so for at least the rest of this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LegoSims20 said:

No one asked your opinion - I won't be boycotting the wave as I will be buying the POA sets and the clocktower and just burning the fleur/krum.

Are you trolling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Harry’s new hair piece. I wasn’t sure at first but I like it. It’s not 100% accurate but it does do a very good job of showing his long hair look while also showing off the scar which I really like

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

No one asked your opinion - I won't be boycotting the wave as I will be buying the POA sets and the clocktower and just burning the fleur/krum.

Actually we all asked his opinion, it’s what this thread is here for. By joining, we all subject ourselves to the opinions of all the other users. That’s what this place is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LegoSims20 said:

Then they better include a Krum and Fleur in the next CMF.

Hard to say with Krum, since the Drumstrang uniforms are kinda bleh, maybe his Bulgarian Quidditch robes? (I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a Quidditch player in every series). The Beuxbatons uniforms are pretty unique though, and that hat practically screams ‘cmf’, so Fleur in uniform is definitely on my wishlist for a prospective series 2. 

 

As for the people whining about the reused face prints - Lego has a budget. And when they are distributing that budget among the sets they’re priorities are going to be for 1) new molds they need - like buckbeak and the stag patronus. 2) pieces they need in new colors - like Harry’s new hair (and presumably Sirius’ as well). 3) new large prints that aren’t close to anything that’s been done before - like a special head for the horntail, Yule Ball outfits, or the personalized uniforms for the first task. 4) face prints that will be important for reuse in future sets - like teen versions of the 3 main characters, and a new head for Sirius Black. 

Compared to all those, the faces of the 3 triwizard champions, only 1 of whom has a chance of ever showing up in a non-GoF set, are probably low priority for the budget - of course they’re going to reuse face prints if they can. 

(And for the love of bricks, try to understand how hard it is to make super short hairstyles when you’re limited by how thin the plastic can be. ‘Social Justice Warriors’ my megablocks, don’t act like you think Krum’s hair is racist when it’s really just you throwing a hissy fit about not getting exactly what you want.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.