Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, Scarlet_Patronus said:

I agree with the colours on Fleur and the dark printing on Harry. But we have to remember that the pictures might not be finalised and the lighting could be slightly off.

The best idea we will get is from when the official LEGO set pictures are released. 

True, I always wait with my final judgment until we see the full sets, not that's it's gonna matter, going to buy them anyway:laugh_hard:

Btw isn't Cedric's face different from the one shown earlier?

Also I only just noticed how similar Buckbeak is to the one from the book, it looks almost the exact same besides the printing. Perhaps it's a good hint to what the wings will look like? 

PM me if you want a photoshopped version of the correct champion faces.

Edited by Jawaguy4

Krum's face for some reason looks horrible to me. At least it is pretty rare, only released in an Ideas set so far.
I will use the Star Wars Rebels Kanan's old face for Krum. For some reason I think a tanned skin colour would suit him better.

These could work for him as well:
- https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6083253
- https://brickset.com/parts/6100795/mini-head-no-1587
- this may would be perfect, but allmost impossible to get now: https://brickset.com/sets/71014-15/Mario-G%C3%B6tze

Cedric's face looks good I think. He didn't look that different from a young Harrison Ford back then.

Does anyone know where Fleur's face comes from?

btw: don't get your hopes up on the Horntail. I cannot imagine it being a great build with just around 250-300 pieces for the dragon. Keep in mind that Ninjago dragons always have insane part counts, when compared to the price.

6 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

btw: don't get your hopes up on the Horntail. I cannot imagine it being a great build with just around 250-300 pieces for the dragon. Keep in mind that Ninjago dragons always have insane part counts, when compared to the price.

It has been described as brick-built, but we don’t know if it has some moulded parts to it (head & wings, for instance), reducing the required part count :classic: 

Too bad we won’t find out for a while though... If the Horntail was a moulded creature similar to Smaug, it would probably be leaked just like the stag Patronus and Buckbeak, but since it’s (mostly) brick-built, the moulded parts - if there are any to begin with - are significantly less likely to leak. Just look at the creatures in last year’s suitcase set, none of the moulded parts were revealed beforehand :oh3:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Do you think we will be getting a tent side build? Or simply just a couple of rocks and a terrace for spectators?

Maybe it could be similar to what they did with Thor Ragnarok arena. You could buy multiples to complete the whole area....

I think it’s obvious Harry is just badly lit. He probably has the red lines and potter written on it, the photo is just a bad photo 

Just now, Whovastron said:

I think it’s obvious Harry is just badly lit. He probably has the red lines and potter written on it, the photo is just a bad photo 

He definitely does, the photo of the back is a bit better lit.

Man these figures overall are pretty nice! It's crazy to finally have official figures of the four champions.

That harry minifig is amazing, the hair fits perfectly. Love the back printing on all four. I have to say Viktor's mini Fro ruins the likeness of the actor (as if the face hadn't done that already lol) Also I could see why they probably chose that tan color for Fleur, but TBH it looks more silver than anything in the movie :/ I wouldn't mind her face if the mouth and eyes weren't too close.  

Like I said when the heads leaked, having the full minifigs will probably flip some people. You know what? I think all four look fantastic and I'm starting to get used to Krum. Hope to get a better lit harry picture as he's my least favorite thus far. Hair looks great but the medium legs seem odd on him for some reason. 

Edited by RODDY

9 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Like I said when the heads leaked, having the full minifigs will probably flip some people. You know what? I think all four look fantastic and I'm starting to get used to Krum. Hope to get a better lit harry picture as he's my last favorite thus far. Hair looks great but the medium legs seem odd on him for some reason. 

Although Lego could probably have stopped using the medium legs for students by Year 4 I like the choice for Harry as he's meant to look younger than the other champions 

Harry and the outfits look great, but the heads and hairs of Krum and Fleur are horrendous. I can't believe the creators would feel morally right putting them out! Why they would create ANOTHER new face for Harry and 2 outfits for each of the champions instead of one new face each boggles my mind. Maybe I will pass on the dragon one as GoF is my worst movie anyway. I love the clocktower and I need Hermione in her yule ball outfit (as long as they don't mess her up, too) so I will get that and get rid of Krum/Fleur. And I can't complain because the POA sets are already blowing my mind from what we have seen so far. 

I love all of the four figures.

But Victor Krum could be better.

For me he doesn't really look like Krum.

Maybe i compare it too much to the movie.

Do you guys also have good discounts and offers on Lego Sets in your countries??

5 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

Do you guys also have good discounts and offers on Lego Sets in your countries??

Absolutely not:sick: 

The highest discount I've seen was probably not even 20% off

57 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

I Do you guys also have good discounts and offers on Lego Sets in your countries??

Rofl no way. Maybe on online department stores 2 years after they were released. Wey pay approximately 2x the equivalent of the price a united states citizen pays, can you imagine that? Lol. Still, the lego stores in Mexico are a huge business (even with no VIP point benefits or crazy promos).

Do you guys think maybe we'll get miniature brickbuilt dragons for the other 3 champions?

1 hour ago, LegoSims20 said:

I can't believe the creators would feel morally right putting them out! 

Move aside trolley problem, THIS is the ethical dilemma that should be discussed in practical philosophy :head_back: 

Seriously though, it makes more sense to give Harry another face since the only other one available is his last year’s face, which doesn’t fit teenage Harry. CMF faces cannot be reused, so it had to be a new one :wink: It’s all a matter of budget in the end. 

Edited by Lego-Freak

17 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Move aside trolley problem, THIS is the ethical dilemma that should be discussed in practical philosophy :head_back: 

Seriously though, it makes more sense to give Harry another face since the only other one available is his last year’s face, which doesn’t fit teenage Harry. CMF faces cannot be reused, so it had to be a new one :wink: It’s all a matter of budget in the end. 

I really like Harry’s new face printing. Would I have preferred a proper Krum face print? Yes. But I’ll deal with it. So far the Krum issue is the ONLY negative thing about this wave, it’s a spectacular wave. I love how they did all the champions, and the fact that we’re even getting ALL the champions is more than I hoped for, and all in one set too! Plus alternate variants of some of them. It’s awesome, I can’t wait

1 hour ago, GriffindorForLife said:

Absolutely not:sick: 

The highest discount I've seen was probably not even 20% off

I am from Austria and we have got a lot of good offers here.

I bought my Great Hall for about 68€.

7 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

I am from Austria and we have got a lot of good offers here.

I bought my Great Hall for about 68€.

Dang! Nice. I don’t find any good deals here in the US. I’m also too impatient to wait for sales but nothing is ever marked down that much anyway, especially bigger sets

5 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I'm gonna be really  controversial here, but I'm not too big of a fan of these figures. I mean Harry's face looks really good, the hair is meh, but the torso looks way too dark, you can barely see the red and Hogwarts logo and it's missing the yellow lines like on CMF Cedric's pants. By the looks of it they used the wrong outfit. Harry should've had a jacket like Cedric. Preferably with double moulded black/Red arms and yellow stripes as printing, but since Lego wouldn't do that black would've worked. I guess Lego also doesn't do mid leg printing in normal sets, again missing the stripes, and the robes for the other version. I think I like the original printing better. Cedric looks okay, head looks just meh but is easy to change, torso printing looks a little too dark but way better than Harry, still missing the yellow stripes on arms and legs. The reuse of snapes legs looks kinda lazy, but it blends in with the torso so it's fine I guess. Fleur's face looks terrible, I definitely need something else for that. The colours of the torso look wrong in my opinion, but that's probably because of the lightning in the movie, besides that it looks alright. Kinda thinks she should've used midlegs since she's supposed to be the same hight as Harry. The arms and legs look a little bit too dark in my opinion, first time ever I think Lego's standard colours don't work, but nothing they could've done about that. Krum has got to be my favorite figure. They did the torso just right. Still missing leg printing, oh well. A shame about the face, but could've seen that coming since Lego also left out the beard in the game. Overall these figures aren't bad, but they've many flaws and are a huge let down compared to last year. Still the leaked yule ball torsos give me high hopes for the other sets since they look just perfect.

You set your expectations way too high, these arent CMF figures to warrant leg/armprinting and everything. BTW, its pretty damn obvious Harry is very poorly lit

2 hours ago, Sir Godric said:

I very rarely see any good deals but the biggest toy store in the Netherlands has just gone bankrupt, so there'll be a big sale tomorrow. I'm definetely going but I'm not expecting anything