Robert8

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & discussion

Recommended Posts

On 11/4/2019 at 9:20 PM, FastFlash said:

To be fair, we also thought that bikes would be too big until the most recent CMF set came out. But if a centaur was to come out, it'd probably be in a set. I bet it would be really expensive to produce, though I guess all Lego would have to do is design a part that connects with a mini-figures torso and the horse body they already have out. Everything else would be done as well (fauns headpiece for head and horse body for actual body).

Oh yeah I forgot that bike. Yeah I guess that would mean that Centaurs in CMF aren't totally out of question. I still think that a forbidden forest themed set for Order of Phoenix makes the most sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Filch doesn't really change costumes though, I think for a CMF lego wouldn't just rerelease a figure they've done last year in terms of body pieces. So while his accesories would be pretty cool to get we already have a perfect Filch figure

I would have agreed with you but for the fact that they did basically release prison Joker both as a CMF and as a figure in a set. Correct me if I'm wrong, seeing as I never owned either figure, but I think they were exactly the same. Obviously, this is the only example I can think of but given that Filch is a popular character, it's possible they could do it. I still think of him with chocolates/puss-face would be most likely, if they ever decided to revisit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FastFlash said:

I would have agreed with you but for the fact that they did basically release prison Joker both as a CMF and as a figure in a set. Correct me if I'm wrong, seeing as I never owned either figure, but I think they were exactly the same. Obviously, this is the only example I can think of but given that Filch is a popular character, it's possible they could do it. I still think of him with chocolates/puss-face would be most likely, if they ever decided to revisit it.

But the Arkham Joker was at least usefull as you could basically build up a huge collection of Arkham jumpsuits. There isn't really anything about Filch that could be used in mass so I'd much rather get something/someone else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd rather have Sprout using mid-legs with a skirt or a 1x2 plate with a 1x2 brick on top like Yule Ball Hermione. Sprout is smaller than most teachers so she shouldn't have normal legs but she's also taller than Flitwick so she also shouldn't use short legs, mid-legs height would be perfect for her

Filch doesn't really change costumes though, I think for a CMF lego wouldn't just rerelease a figure they've done last year in terms of body pieces. So while his accesories would be pretty cool to get we already have a perfect Filch figure

They are incredibly easy to make in a set

Yes they would! Just update printing from old sets! Maybe for Sprout have new legs used for the teenager’s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Taidehaamu said:

Oh yeah I forgot that bike. Yeah I guess that would mean that Centaurs in CMF aren't totally out of question. I still think that a forbidden forest themed set for Order of Phoenix makes the most sense. 

I think a piece as big and intricate as centaur legs would have to be is a prime candidate for the strategy they used on the niffler and snitch pieces last year. Both also appeared in sets, but the mold budget for them was undoubtedly taken from the CMF. Think of it this way - if the mold is introduced in a set, we’ll likely get one centaur - but if the mold is introduced in the CMF, not only can we army build centaurs, but a potential Forbidden Forest set could have more that one centaur in it, possibly even in different colors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I think a piece as big and intricate as centaur legs would have to be is a prime candidate for the strategy they used on the niffler and snitch pieces last year. Both also appeared in sets, but the mold budget for them was undoubtedly taken from the CMF. Think of it this way - if the mold is introduced in a set, we’ll likely get one centaur - but if the mold is introduced in the CMF, not only can we army build centaurs, but a potential Forbidden Forest set could have more that one centaur in it, possibly even in different colors. 

That's what I hope they do for Gringotts goblins! I had a thought the other day that if they create a generic goblin mould head for the CMF like the Ugnaught one from Star Wars then they can print over it in sets to create unique looks for the different goblins, like the ones in Philosopher's Stone and Deathly Hallows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

That's what I hope they do for Gringotts goblins! I had a thought the other day that if they create a generic goblin mould head for the CMF like the Ugnaught one from Star Wars then they can print over it in sets to create unique looks for the different goblins, like the ones in Philosopher's Stone and Deathly Hallows. 

That‘s a really good idea! They should do it like the latest Dobby head mould (i.e. no moulded mouth!) so they could have different facial expressions between them :sweet: None of them look all that happy of course (except for the one they drugged... I mean Imperiused in DH2), but they at least could have various degrees of frowns.
Whatever they end up doing, it can‘t be worse than the previous version :tongue: The unprinted head may have worked back in 2002, but by 2011, it just looked awkward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be great for people, that don't like HP, too. A torso reusable for Hobbits and a head to give an orc army some varriation :)

Do you think we will see more medium sized legs in 2020? I mean if the sets go on with the years Harry, Ron and the others are tall enough to use adult legs like Krum and Fleur did... we are still missing a grey (not sure if light or dark) and it would be nice to be able to get dark brown legs outside of the Stranger things set😅

Edited by Gorilla94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gorilla94 said:

Do you think we will see more medium sized legs in 2020? I mean if the sets go on with the years Harry, Ron and the others are tall enough to use adult legs like Krum and Fleur did... we are still missing a grey (not sure if light or dark) and it would be nice to be able to get dark brown legs outside of the Stranger things set

Oh I wouldn't worry, even if Harry Potter isn't gonna use them for the main cast I think the medium sized legs are here to stay. I'd expect to see some in City and Creator sets in 2020 and maybe a printed variety in a CMF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 7:22 AM, Guyon2002 said:

But the Arkham Joker was at least usefull as you could basically build up a huge collection of Arkham jumpsuits. There isn't really anything about Filch that could be used in mass so I'd much rather get something/someone else

I agree. When I brought up Filch, it was just in reference to potential figures that Lego could make in the new CMF series, given that Lego has exhausted a lot of the characters in its arsenal. I personally own a Filch figure as well and don't need another one. I'd much rather get some more people from the Ministry of Magic/more profs we're missing etc. 

Edited by FastFlash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 1:02 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Those are the mid-legs I mentioned

Oh sorry、maybe I misunderstand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also regarding the Goblins and how to make them chances are pretty good that Lego will indeed go the Dobby route. There is a Lego book that came out recently and in it the Goblins are represented like that. I know this is not solid evidence but I still believe this to be some insight.

49034479982_f24f603076_o.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Also regarding the Goblins and how to make them chances are pretty good that Lego will indeed go the Dobby route. There is a Lego book that came out recently and in it the Goblins are represented like that. I know this is not solid evidence but I still believe this to be some insight.

*snap*

Nah those are just based on the old molds but with "printing" on the face, basically the exact same thing we saw in the Lego Harry Potter games, so it's no insight. Still the dobby route is indeed the most likely route. They usually do similar things with Star Wars, although that's usually just a colour swap (mon calamari, wookies, some droids)

P.S. I only just noticed the troll in the under left corner. That's a new model right? It's not based on the old one like the goblins. Or is it from LOTR?

Edited by Huigberts Builds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

P.S. I only just noticed the troll in the under left corner. That's a new model right? It's not based on the old one like the goblins. Or is it from LOTR?

I think it’s just a big fig with a different head. honestly, it’s barely recognizable as the troll because the proportions are all off. Pretty cringy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forget, Crab and Goyle figures should also be made in future CMF. We never get Crab ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sugoi said:

I forget, Crab and Goyle figures should also be made in future CMF. We never get Crab ever. 

We got both Crabbe and Goyle in the Slytherin Common Room set back in 2002, although both of those were technically a polyjuiced Ron and Harry. Goyle later appeared as himself in the 2011 Battle of Hogwarts set (Crabbe was absent because his actor was arrested for canabis possession, which caused some... minor rewrites to the final movie). Considering that, aside from the polyjuice scenes in CoS and the final battle, Crabbe and Goyle are mostly glorified background characters even in the books - I think our best bet of getting the two of them is if Lego decides to redo the polyjuiced versions of Ron and Harry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that will be the case and the legs will become a often used part. Orange and someday dual moulded red and black ones would be great to make Donald and Mickey more accurate with some custom printing.

I would not think too much about that book. There are other strange things like the book with teeth, too. The Tea box, the paper thrown by the owl, Umbridges sweets or the Goblin coins... They all don't look like a real piece at all. The transparent thing Snake carries could be a mould? The troll from lotr was much bigger and didn't have a nose like all big figs i know. If that was a new mould it would be much more accurate. I mean the old one from the yellow-headded sets is far superior to that one. I am sure this is just an artwork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

 

49034479982_f24f603076_o.png

The absolute derpiness on that trolls face is hilarious. Doubt we're getting any scenes off of PS though.

I really hope that the Goblins do get a new mold(s) and this is just a little art piece.

Btw, did anyone notice a few rows behind Harry and Hagrid there's a witch with a hair hat combo. I can't tell if this is a recolour of the wacky witches from the monsters cmf series, but it looks nice in green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Something I'd want from the second cmf, is some more more varied uniform torsos for all of the non-Gryffindor houses.

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Btw, did anyone notice a few rows behind Harry and Hagrid there's a witch with a hair hat combo. I can't tell if this is a recolour of the wacky witches from the monsters cmf series, but it looks nice in green.

It is the wacky witch one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

The transparent thing Snake carries could be a mould? 

It's just a stack of empty potion flasks :wink:

Illustrations like that shouldn't be taken as hints for future sets, it's simply the artists' interpretations :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I would not think too much about that book. There are other strange things like the book with teeth, too. The Tea box, the paper thrown by the owl, Umbridges sweets or the Goblin coins... 

The coins do actually exist, though they haven't shown up in sets for quite a while. I believe the Brick Bank Modular was the last set to contain them.

 

But maybe it's best to stop the book discussion here. These books rarely show us something we're actually getting and if it does it's almost always a coincidence. These books are just for kids to read and play games with, not to hint at future sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found some images of this mini knight bus, does anyone know if it’s released? Or if it’s set to be another LEGO store or Barnes and Noble free gift like the snitch from this summer, or the Hogwarts express or wand from last year.

B6157660-AF58-45E2-A1E4-FBCF99AF0EBF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I found some images of this mini knight bus, does anyone know if it’s released? Or if it’s set to be another LEGO store or Barnes and Noble free gift like the snitch from this summer, or the Hogwarts express or wand from last year.

B6157660-AF58-45E2-A1E4-FBCF99AF0EBF.jpeg

I haven’t seen hide nor hair of this anywhere before, so I’m guessing it’s yet to be released. My bet is that it’s going to be another promotional build - if memory serves, similar images of the snitch were leaked months before the B&N event was announced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.