Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

I think something that also plays a factor is we don't know what price the set will get. We have setnumbers and prices, but we don't know what price goes with what set. It could be one of the bigger sets for that matter. Either way I'm still holding on to the Horntail leaks

25 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Could the Triawizard Tournament be a combination of all three challenges maybe? As opposed to just the Dragon Challenge, maybe the lake and made challenge are included as well.

That would be a humongous set. Almost D2C-sized. But yeah, its possible.

51 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

That would be a humongous set. Almost D2C-sized. But yeah, its possible.

Possible, but not likely! If Lego wants the theme to last it is a better tactic to divide the scenes as much as possible into different sets, not group them together and make one huge set with all the important scenes from one film :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think something that also plays a factor is we don't know what price the set will get. We have setnumbers and prices, but we don't know what price goes with what set. It could be one of the bigger sets for that matter. Either way I'm still holding on to the Horntail leaks

Will the prices be the same for 100% like we can see already or is it possible that they will change?

25 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

Will the prices be the same for 100% like we can see already or is it possible that they will change?

I think its about 90% sure those are the prices. The rumored prices for the Jurassic and Avengers sets this year were all correct so I guess these ones are too

Just now, Lego-fire said:

Is the graveyard rumour true?

Stonewars.de has been pretty reliable with the a lot of the Star Wars stuff so I say about 95% chance of being true. 

Rumours are true or false the same way Schroedinger‘s cat is dead or alive, you only know in hindsight :tongue: Stonewars is a credible source, so I’m inclined to believe them more than ‚random faceless and nameless backstage-dwelling dude at the Nuremberg Toy Fair‘ :grin:

BTW, now that the first TS4 pic has surfaced, I think WW remains the last theme we don‘t have any pictures or descriptions of...

Has anyone considered yet that the rumored ‘graveyard’ set might not be from GoF? 

Fantastic Beasts gets lumped with Harry Potter even in the actual LEGO shop, and the climax of the most recent movie took place in a graveyard as well. It would also make more sense to make a set based off the new CoG scenes (maybe even including a brick built zouwu) rather than remaking the weakest of the GoF sets. 

(not that there’s anything wrong with the original Graveyard Duel, it’s just 80% generic graveyard props that have no foundation in the movie scene, and there’s really no significant way to expand upon the original)

7 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Has anyone considered yet that the rumored ‘graveyard’ set might not be from GoF? 

Fantastic Beasts gets lumped with Harry Potter even in the actual LEGO shop, and the climax of the most recent movie took place in a graveyard as well. It would also make more sense to make a set based off the new CoG scenes (maybe even including a brick built zouwu) rather than remaking the weakest of the GoF sets. 

(not that there’s anything wrong with the original Graveyard Duel, it’s just 80% generic graveyard props that have no foundation in the movie scene, and there’s really no significant way to expand upon the original)

They can expand with minifigs

9 hours ago, RODDY said:

I'm personally not doubting the Horntail yet. So many people have said dragons coming out of Nuremberg, I'm inclined to believe it. But what if the Horntail and a small part of the arena are the side build to the Watchtower similar to how Ford Angelina and Whomping Willow were to the second part of Hogwarts? Maybe the inside of the Watchtower has the girl's bathroom where Harry submerges the egg? Or the Cemetery could be an unknown retailer exclusive? NYTF you can't come any sooner. 

Oooo, what if the horntail comes in the ‘watchtower’ Set. It does climb on Hogwarts in the movie. Maybe the set is just a tower rather than the clocktower, and we get harry with his firebolt and the horntail

also there’s a graveyard set coming in Lego’s new augmented reality theme, would they really release 2 graveyards in one summer?

Edited by Whovastron

The suspense, never been so excited for a lego theme. Anyone know if they essential re-make a set that has already been made will the original set come down in value? (Wanting to buy some older sets but maybe best wait till this years sets are out.)

36 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They can expand with minifigs

The only minifigs that could be added are generic death eaters, and the number of minifigures in these sets is proportional to the piece count - Lego already added a bunch of extra side builds to justify the 4 minifigure count of the first Graveyard Duel. 

The only really new thing they could do would be to add ‘Babymort’ and I’d much rather get him with an updated Wormtail in a cmf/bricktober pack.

A Parisian graveyard featuring the Lestrange mausoleum would also be much easier to differentiate from the new Hidden Side graveyard set

Just now, Accio Lego said:

The only minifigs that could be added are generic death eaters, and the number of minifigures in these sets is proportional to the piece count - Lego already added a bunch of extra side builds to justify the 4 minifigure count of the first Graveyard Duel. 

The only really new thing they could do would be to add ‘Babymort’ and I’d much rather get him with an updated Wormtail in a cmf/bricktober pack.

A Parisian graveyard featuring the Lestrange mausoleum would also be much easier to differentiate from the new Hidden Side graveyard set

I would very much prefer a GOF graveyard with Wormtail and Lucius at least. I would love those updated minifigs. But we’ll see soon enough  I suppose. I don’t want to accidentally start unsubstantiated rumors

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would very much prefer a GOF graveyard with Wormtail and Lucius at least. I would love those updated minifigs. But we’ll see soon enough  I suppose. I don’t want to accidentally start unsubstantiated rumors

Lucius and Wormtail are likely to appear in other sets (and did during the first run), which is why I’d personally prefer a more unique CoG build. (Plus the potential for characters like Leta Lestrange or Nicholas Flamel that we might not be able to get anywhere else). I guess we just have to wait and see what it is. :shrug_oh_well:

Honestly, I’ll be happy whatever we get, but I’m also really hoping for at least one set from the new movie. 

On 2/14/2019 at 3:06 PM, KevinMD said:

Did you just cast engorgio on my pants?! Good lord I am excited. 

The whole wide word of Advent Calendar humor, and you go for...that?  Pathetic.  :tongue:

15 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The guys over at Stonewars.de claim that one of the sets is a graveyard... so is this the ‚Triwizard Tournament‘ set then? Which would mean the dragon rumours were fake :hmpf_bad:

I refuse to see Fantastic Beasts II, but I must say, I the graveyard in Goblet of Fire has limited playability.  Then again, it frequently sells (or at least is listed for $100+ on eBay, so I'm sure LEGO would love for people to channel some of that money into new products!   $15-20, Battle Pack-esque set could do it justice.  LEGO very wisely kept Cedric safe by putting him in the Collectible Minifigure Series.  :wink:

15 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Could the Triawizard Tournament be a combination of all three challenges maybe? As opposed to just the Dragon Challenge, maybe the lake and made challenge are included as well.

The only way I could see this working would be a series of vignettes, which, while cool, would rule out the possibility of a new large dragon, whether molded or brick-built, because it wouldn't fit with the scale. 

12 hours ago, Sir Godric said:

I would say, regarding the rumors, allow a margin of error of 10 dollars/Euros either way due to wonky LEGO currency conversions.

5 hours ago, Jawaguy4 said:

The suspense, never been so excited for a lego theme. Anyone know if they essential re-make a set that has already been made will the original set come down in value? (Wanting to buy some older sets but maybe best wait till this years sets are out.)

Generally, yes, but obviously LEGO has no control over this.  The secondary market is entirely dependent on what buyers and sellers agree it to be, whether the other party likes it or not.  In other words, it's all mind games.  Believe me, I'm in the same boat.  So excited!  Whatever you do, don't order any Prisoner of Azkaban sets until we see what's in store for this year!  

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I disagree that they had to justify a four-minifigure count.  The Merpeople set had five minifigures (and about three hundred fewer pieces) for ten fewer dollars, so I think LEGO basically did whatever they felt like back then--and still do, I suppose!

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Oooo, what if the horntail comes in the ‘watchtower’ Set. It does climb on Hogwarts in the movie. Maybe the set is just a tower rather than the clocktower, and we get harry with his firebolt and the horntail

also there’s a graveyard set coming in Lego’s new augmented reality theme, would they really release 2 graveyards in one summer?

I really hope this is not the case.  The Clock Tower in Prisoner of Azkaban is one of my favorite architectural/narrative elements in the whole series.  Yes, a watchtower could literally be a watchtower, but I believe that in French (and certainly in Spanish) the words for "clock" and "watch" can be interchangeable if taken out of context, thus leading to a whole lot of ambiguity here. 

See you all in the morning!  :excited:

The graveyard dual could also work very well as a 15-20$ set. Just include Harry, Voldy, Babyvoldy and Wormtail as figures and the builds could be a small fire with a cauldron and Tom Riddle Sr's grave (the one with the big statue holding Harry)

Considering that year 3 is going to be a major focus this year, I hope they release a large Hogsmede set (similar to the big Diagon Alley set.) Which would include the three broomsticks, honeydukes and the shrieking shack that lies on the outskirts. 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

So far, nothing HP related has been uploaded... I‘m still hopeful, but I can‘t shake off the feeling that we won‘t get any reveals today :cry_sad:

I have the same feeling, and it grows everytime I see a new set of another theme

Guys, bad news. I was watching the Toy Story LIVE reveal of Zusammengebaut and they said ''Harry Potter is sadly nowhere to be seen''. But my German isn't too good so take it with a grain of salt...

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Guys, bad news. I was watching the Toy Story LIVE reveal of Zusammengebaut and they said ''Harry Potter is sadly nowhere to be seen''. But my German isn't too good so take it with a grain of salt...

Too bad, don't know why they stay so secretive about these sets, it better be worth it :laugh_hard: But all joking aside I guess they wanna go with some kind of big reveal again? I mean it's not every year we'll get a new theme for the advent calendar. Speaking of which, information of the star wars calendar is starting to leak so I guess Harry Potter can't be too far away.

There apparently aren‘t any new Marvel or DC sets on display, so this probably doesn‘t bode well for HP either... :look: Welp, see you in two months when the first leaked minifigs drop, there won‘t be much to discuss here until then :wall:

Edit: the coverage is almost over apparently, so this is it. Very disappointing, as usual

Edited by Lego-Freak