Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

How? And why Hooch? Slughorn and Umbridge are so much more desirable :laugh_hard:

Not nicked in the British sense of getting stolen haha. I did what any good collector does when they get a figure (look at it lovingly for a few seconds and then put it in a bin somewhere). Next time I tried to find her, she had this big scratch on her lip...  I would really laugh if someone had broken into my room, seen Umbridge, Slughorn, and Hooch, and taken the last one without taking the first two. :laugh:

On 10/23/2019 at 4:07 PM, Legoniche said:

It’s okay bro, I appreciate your work. I think it looks really good and id be excited to buy the sets if they ended up like this :)

Thank you, they are only just crude ‘sketches’ of sets, i’ll get on with the detail soon..

10 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Thank you, they are only just crude ‘sketches’ of sets, i’ll get on with the detail soon..

Nice! I reckon we will see something like that in the coming years.

Okay, I hate to bring this up because it involves the new Trolls theme - which I am trying very hard to forget the existence of - but the trailer for the new theme shows one of the Country music trolls, which has centaur legs. 

Now I don’t think this new mold will carry over into Harry Potter or regular systems, since it’s a little too rounded, doesn’t have hooves, and I can’t tell if it has a regular tail - but hopefully it increases our chances of getting proper centaur legs in the near future. 

11 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Okay, I hate to bring this up because it involves the new Trolls theme - which I am trying very hard to forget the existence of - but the trailer for the new theme shows one of the Country music trolls, which has centaur legs. 

Now I don’t think this new mold will carry over into Harry Potter or regular systems, since it’s a little too rounded, doesn’t have hooves, and I can’t tell if it has a regular tail - but hopefully it increases our chances of getting proper centaur legs in the near future. 

If we get HP-based centaurs in the future the only way I think it would turn out looking good is if it's a modified version of the horse molds with ''leg-connectors'' where the head would normally be. Something like this: 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lego harry potter centaur

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If we get HP-based centaurs in the future the only way I think it would turn out looking good is if it's a modified version of the horse molds with ''leg-connectors'' where the head would normally be.

The trolls one wouldn't work at all. But I do hope we get a centaur body mould. I think the tricky part is, so many animal molds only have moving heads or wings (Buckbeak and a Thestral) and a lot from regular Lego sets don't move at all (horses), so whilst I'd like Lego to, I don't know how posable they would make a centaur mold.

It would be good though if they ever made a Narnia theme (plus we already have a faun and a minotaur minifigs from the cmf line)

1 minute ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

The trolls one wouldn't work at all. But I do hope we get a centaur body mould. I think the tricky part is, so many animal molds only have moving heads or wings (Buckbeak and a Thestral) and a lot from regular Lego sets don't move at all (horses), so whilst I'd like Lego to, I don't know how posable they would make a centaur mold.

The only articulation besides the arms and head would possibly be moveable hind legs

1 minute ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

It would be good though if they ever made a Narnia theme (plus we already have a faun and a minotaur minifigs from the cmf line)

Meh, have to disagree with you on that. I've never liked Narnia

4 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

As nice as it sounds I don’t see Narnia getting the brick treatment given the religious undertone.

8 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

As nice as it sounds I don’t see Narnia getting the brick treatment given the religious undertone.

Hmm, Lord of the Rings contains many religious messages. And it was Disney who made the film adaptations. Of course it's more unlikely to get sets as there were only 3 films and they were made a while ago.

On 10/26/2019 at 11:26 AM, (Insert Name Here) said:

I agree with others that sadly the religious aspect probably rules out Narnia, but funnily enough I came across a Narnia Dawn Treader made by a compatible brick company this morning (Ingenious Toys) so it seems they have the licence currently anyway.

12 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Hmm, Lord of the Rings contains many religious messages. And it was Disney who made the film adaptations. Of course it's more unlikely to get sets as there were only 3 films and they were made a while ago.

Both Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit came from MGM and New Line Cinema, Disney would never make something like LotR/ The Hobbit

14 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Without heading off into the far distance with this tangent, most of the allegories in LoTR are centred around stand ins for Jesus. Narnia on the other hand makes use of other characters and symbolism. Their respective critical responses are as much to do with how they are viewed in secular society. Tolkien was Catholic but didn’t set out to write a religious story, instead conceding that he included faith in it. Lewis was a born-again Christian and this renewed faith reflected in his writings a lot more.

TLDR: we - as a society - accept that Narnia is more religious than Middle Earth because we have been told to. 
I also believe that it would need some renewed Hollywood interest before TLG got involved.

14 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

TLDR: we - as a society - accept that Narnia is more religious than Middle Earth because we have been told to. 

...or maybe because Tolkien was a lot more subtle with it than Lewis :tongue: The Aslan==Jesus thing is hammered in way more then any of the metaphors or allegories in LOTR :wink: In LOTR, the religious aspects are undertones while in Narnia they're almost overtones, at least the way I personally see it.

Either way, back to topic: I also don't think the centaur leg piece from Trolls could be used for any other centaurs. To me, it'd need to be more similar to the current horse mould in other to properly fit in. The Trolls one does its job for that particular theme, but I can't see to being reused outside of it, even with fancy printing.

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

...or maybe because Tolkien was a lot more subtle with it than Lewis :tongue: The Aslan==Jesus thing is hammered in way more then any of the metaphors or allegories in LOTR :wink: In LOTR, the religious aspects are undertones while in Narnia they're almost overtones, at least the way I personally see it.

Gandalf the pilgrim who is reborn, Aragorn the loner who becomes king, and Sam the companion whose love conquers all. All are Jesus allegories and not that subtle.

And no, those legs aren’t going to be reused elsewhere, unless they decide that a goat-based centaur should be made *huh*

On 26 October 2019 at 11:18 AM, Guyon2002 said:

If we get HP-based centaurs in the future the only way I think it would turn out looking good is if it's a modified version of the horse molds with ''leg-connectors'' where the head would normally be. Something like this: 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lego harry potter centaur

Or just the regular horse mold without a head and a brick where the saddle would go, and the torso clips onto the brick

too complicated?

The saddle placement would be too far back. A human attachment needs to be more over the front legs/shoulders

18 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Or just the regular horse mold without a head and a brick where the saddle would go, and the torso clips onto the brick

too complicated?

Here's a quick mock-up of what that'd look like.

horse-brown-new-angle_20191030105046013-min.jpg

49 minutes ago, Taidehaamu said:

Here's a quick mock-up of what that'd look like.

*snip*

Not bad, there's just a big hole at the front, seems like something Lego would do

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

Not bad, there's just a big hole at the front, seems like something Lego would do

I agree lego can be extremely lazy at times, but they're not that lazy :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

I assume you are kidding?!
Lego would never do something like that :head_back:

That said it is not too bad looking if someone is desperate in need of a centaur and can not wait a year or two for a official one :wink:

That just looks like someone standing behind his decapitated horse. Different meaning to headless horseman!

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I agree lego can be extremely lazy at times, but they're not that lazy :laugh_hard:

*cough* marvel sets *cough*

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I assume you are kidding?!
Lego would never do something like that :head_back:

That said it is not too bad looking if someone is desperate in need of a centaur and can not wait a year or two for a official one :wink:

It scares me that I'm serious

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

That just looks like someone standing behind his decapitated horse. Different meaning to headless horseman!

True, but I believe Lego would do that, and if they don't, I will more than willingly eat my words,(and this out of date Apple that I found) 

I made the whole photo in an effort of showing how dumb it'd look. Eitherway I see approximately 0% chance of them doing this, it looks ugly and dumb and also I think the head is part of the manufacturing process. Like they put the head in and then close it so even if this solution uses no new molds it'd still require for them to change the manufacturing line. Honestly there's really just two possibilities for me, either they make a new centaur mold or they don't include centaurs. There isn't like a half step. Considering we got a new Buckbeak mold last year I don't think a centaur is out of the question. 

18 minutes ago, Taidehaamu said:

I made the whole photo in an effort of showing how dumb it'd look. [...]

I‘d say mission accomplished, that looks dumb as m€g@blöck$ :laugh_hard: It looks like someone glued the top half of a bisected human to a decapitated horse, and not in the right place even :snicker: Even if you were able to properly replace the horse‘s head with a minifig torso, the proportions would still be wayyyy off.

If they were ever going to do centaurs, a new mould would be absolutely mandatory. I think the mould should still be reminiscent of the current horse mould (like the CMF series 18 cowboy whose horse dress still has the same aestethic) but at least 3/4 or even half as small :classic: