Robert8

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & discussion

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The astronomy tower is the tallest, not the grand staircase tower

My point still stands. And up until the astronomy tower was introduced/or redesigned in HBP, it was

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Astronomy tower is stated to be the tallest in the books, while the Grand staircase tower is the tallest in the films until HBP, when the Astronomy tower was added.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Decat said:

The Astronomy tower is stated to be the tallest in the books, while the Grand staircase tower is the tallest in the films until HBP, when the Astronomy tower was added.

Agreed. A lot of the layout of the school changes from film to film. Most obvious is Hagrid's Hut and the Whomping Willow.

I might be right in thinking, in the books the Astronomy tower is like a square castle turret, as when the Astronomy O.W.L takes place, everyone is lined up at the edges with their telescopes. In a way, God thing the film didn't show this as that version of the Astronomy tower wouldn't fit a whole class at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking, IF they do more Goblet of Fire sets anytime soon, could we get Rita Skeeter? I think Karkaroff and her are the only main GoF characters we don't have yet. Maybe in a CMF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I was thinking, IF they do more Goblet of Fire sets anytime soon, could we get Rita Skeeter? I think Karkaroff and her are the only main GoF characters we don't have yet. Maybe in a CMF?

I sure hope so. I think she’s a worthy candidate for a CMF slot. Although TLG isn’t against putting characters in sets where they wouldn’t necessarily fit. Sets wise, there’s nothing subject matter wise that she was involved in that would make for a good set I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I sure hope so. I think she’s a worthy candidate for a CMF slot. Although TLG isn’t against putting characters in sets where they wouldn’t necessarily fit. Sets wise, there’s nothing subject matter wise that she was involved in that would make for a good set I think. 

She could have been easily included in the Dragon Task set. If Gabrielle's ultimate face (where she is sleeping), I'd say that if they make the Second Task, and they also include the grades of the Second Task, both Rita and Igor could be featured in the set.

Edited by RAMcGonagall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

She could have been easily included in the Dragon Task set. If Gabrielle's ultimate face (where she is sleeping), I'd say that if they make the Second Task, and they also include the grades of the Second Task, both Rita and Igor could be featured in the set.

We could also get a Krum-Shark, and those mermaid thingys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DeCommander96 said:

We could also get a Krum-Shark, and those mermaid thingys

Those should be a given, newer versions of both minifigures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Those should be a given, newer versions of both minifigures.

Nothing's really a given knowing Lego except Harry, with Ron and hermione where needed. But yes, if Lego was reliable then they are a given

Edited by DeCommander96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tried modding the Beauxbaton Carriage? I was rewatching Goblet last night and from the small clip we get of the carriage realised that the size might not be that out of scale. I think it may be a Tardis situation (I can't remember if the book addressed the carriage's proportions). What is not accurate obviously is the number of Abraxon horses as from my count it has seven horses not two. Acquiring extra horses undoubtedly won't be cheap, but I think it may be worth it for accuracy and to get rid of the clunky 'reins', as that is the only part of the carriage I have always disliked even since the leaked photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Has anyone tried modding the Beauxbaton Carriage? I was rewatching Goblet last night and from the small clip we get of the carriage realised that the size might not be that out of scale. I think it may be a Tardis situation (I can't remember if the book addressed the carriage's proportions). What is not accurate obviously is the number of Abraxon horses as from my count it has seven horses not two. Acquiring extra horses undoubtedly won't be cheap, but I think it may be worth it for accuracy and to get rid of the clunky 'reins', as that is the only part of the carriage I have always disliked even since the leaked photos.

There's a YouTube video where some guy bought two and made it bigger. sorry, I would link it for you, but I can't seem to find it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

There's a YouTube video where some guy bought two and made it bigger. sorry, I would link it for you, but I can't seem to find it

Thanks I'll have a search. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I was thinking, IF they do more Goblet of Fire sets anytime soon, could we get Rita Skeeter? I think Karkaroff and her are the only main GoF characters we don't have yet. Maybe in a CMF?

Totally agree. Would defo like to get Rita Skeeter, as she was one of the best things in GoF.

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

We could also get a Krum-Shark, and those mermaid thingys

Krum Shark could be cool. I assume you mean both the me-people, and the Grindylows (squid like creatures that attack Harry). I have a feeling Lego would only do the net-people again, as they've already got plenty of mermaid tail pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (Insert Name Here) said:

Totally agree. Would defo like to get Rita Skeeter, as she was one of the best things in GoF.

Krum Shark could be cool. I assume you mean both the me-people, and the Grindylows (squid like creatures that attack Harry). I have a feeling Lego would only do the net-people again, as they've already got plenty of mermaid tail pieces.

Yeah, sorry I've not seen the films since 2012, just going off memory. I didn't even notice there were two species of fish people in that lake lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Has anyone tried modding the Beauxbaton Carriage? I was rewatching Goblet last night and from the small clip we get of the carriage realised that the size might not be that out of scale. I think it may be a Tardis situation (I can't remember if the book addressed the carriage's proportions). What is not accurate obviously is the number of Abraxon horses as from my count it has seven horses not two.

I think it's described as the size of a small house, but still has an extension charm on it (like the tents at the Quidditch world Cup and in DHp1). I think it would've been a stretch to have more than 2 horses in the set (especially as we got a new print on Hagrid, and Madame Maxime). Plus, in the book they are palomino (golden/tan with white/light yellow manes). Also for the Lego set I think they're a bit smaller than they're supposed to be, but I can understand Lego not wanting to make a giant horse mold that wouldn't work in other sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Yeah, sorry I've not seen the films since 2012, just going off memory. I didn't even notice there were two species of fish people in that lake lol

I don't blame you. As the PoA changed the scene with Harry and Lupin, we don't learn what a Grindylow is, so they come out of nowhere in GoF. I think Hermione only mentions the word Grindylow once anyway.

 

Fun fact, in DHp1, Lupin asks Harry what creature was in his office when they first spoke (answer being Grindylow) but that never happened in the film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

She could have been easily included in the Dragon Task set. If Gabrielle's ultimate face (where she is sleeping), I'd say that if they make the Second Task, and they also include the grades of the Second Task, both Rita and Igor could be featured in the set.

They couldn't have given us more than 4 figures in the First Task set budgetwise, and the 4 figures we got definetely were the best choices. I really hope Skeeter and Karkaroff aren't in a potential Second Task set as you suggested, choosing what figures we would get in such a set is already very difficult (Harry and Krum and at least 2 merpeople are already 100% necessary, probably Ron or Hermione too)

48 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Totally agree. Would defo like to get Rita Skeeter, as she was one of the best things in GoF.

Krum Shark could be cool. I assume you mean both the me-people, and the Grindylows (squid like creatures that attack Harry). I have a feeling Lego would only do the net-people again, as they've already got plenty of mermaid tail pieces.

As I suggested before, I'd like to get Second Task Fleur in a future CMF with the Grindylow being her accesory (as they were the reason she had to retreat from the task)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two sets I would like to see again in today's standards would be Dumbledore's office with the Phoenix as a new/updated mold and the Trapdoor set with an updated Fluffy mold.

I have the old original three headed Dog at home and absolutely love it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, badchriss said:

Two sets I would like to see again in today's standards would be Dumbledore's office with the Phoenix as a new/updated mold and the Trapdoor set with an updated Fluffy mold.

I have the old original three headed Dog at home and absolutely love it.

 

Dumbledore's office is visited quite frequently and would certainly make a good set, but they've incorporated that part of the castle into the Clock Tower set so I can't see it happening anytime soon. As for Fawkes, I think our best chance is if they go back and do a Chamber of Secrets, but again that is wishful way into the future thinking. Alas, for now Fawkes must remain either a brick built oddity or a sticker. 😔

Unlike Dumbledore's Office, the Trapdoor set was one I never acquired as a child and always really wanted. That Fluffy mould is awesome (as was Fawkes for it's day), but I'm trying to not buy any old sets or figures and just stick with the new stuff or you can end up in a money pit / collecting wormhole. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

... but I'm trying to not buy any old sets or figures and just stick with the new stuff or you can end up in a money pit / collecting wormhole. 

That’s what happened to me - and I paid the price... literally (although, I feel like $70 for a complete CoS is reasonable). However, I (actually, my wife) decided to just get the new sets and each definitive variant of each character.

 

That reminds me... I need to list some sets on eBay now.

Edited by The Pearson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought and built the Beauxbatons Carriage and I must say it's way better than I was expecting, the pictures really don't do it justice. I'd say actually building the set really helps  to fully appreciate it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Dumbledore's office is visited quite frequently and would certainly make a good set, but they've incorporated that part of the castle into the Clock Tower set so I can't see it happening anytime soon. As for Fawkes, I think our best chance is if they go back and do a Chamber of Secrets, but again that is wishful way into the future thinking. Alas, for now Fawkes must remain either a brick built oddity or a sticker. 😔

Unlike Dumbledore's Office, the Trapdoor set was one I never acquired as a child and always really wanted. That Fluffy mould is awesome (as was Fawkes for it's day), but I'm trying to not buy any old sets or figures and just stick with the new stuff or you can end up in a money pit / collecting wormhole. 😀

While in a different category, a pricey D2C set, LotR did something similar in 2013 with Tower of Orthanc & Wizard Battle sets.

We could also get a Fawkes mold thrown in a set next year to coincide with Dumbledore’s escape, even if the set doesn’t represent the moment. 

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I just bought and built the Beauxbatons Carriage and I must say it's way better than I was expecting, the pictures really don't do it justice. I'd say actually building the set really helps  to fully appreciate it

That’s how I felt as well. Going by the pictures the set felt small for the price, but once I got & built it I feel differently. It’s a pretty substantial build. 

Edited by Vindicare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not remember, but have we seen and discussed the list of the 10 top selling sets of 2018?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I do not remember, but have we seen and discussed the list of the 10 top selling sets of 2018?

I don't believe we have, we only know Harry Potter sold very well. But even if we did know what the those 10 sets would be there wouldn't really be anything to discuss about that imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.