Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

That’s especially nice since Ginny’s large patronus is probably the least likely of all the known patronuses to make it into a set.

I'm doubting we'll be getting anymore patronuses, as they are pretty insignificant and only feature in OotP. If we did, I'd guess Ron, Hermione and Luna would be the only ones they'd do, any others would seem unneeded.

15 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I'm doubting we'll be getting anymore patronuses, as they are pretty insignificant and only feature in OotP. 

There‘s Umbridge‘s cat patronus that keeps the Dementors in the Ministry at bay, Kingsley‘s patronus that warns the guests at Bill & Fleur‘s wedding plus Aberforth‘s shockwave patronus, all in DH :wink: Of course they‘re way more important in OotP, but still :grin:

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There‘s Umbridge‘s cat patronus that keeps the Dementors in the Ministry at bay, Kingsley‘s patronus that warns the guests at Bill & Fleur‘s wedding plus Aberforth‘s shockwave patronus, all in DH :wink: Of course they‘re way more important in OotP, but still :grin:

Oh yeah, Aberforth's goat patronus. "My own brother Aberforth, was prosecuted for practicing innapropriate charms on a goat." Kind of glad the film did the PoA route of a shockwave effect for that part.

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's a nice partspack if you're looking for tan pieces, but the castle itself is a little too ''jolly'' to be used as a Hogwarts add-on. I could definetely see it being a part of Hogwarts if you colorswap everything that isn't tan or brown though

Lol @ jolly. but yes it's true. I personally wouldn't mind. The thin teal columns could be switched with the interior columns to make the outside more tan. There's even 4 extra brown columns to get rid of the teal columns altogether. Dump the flowers along the front and that calms it down quite a bit after removing the frozen interior decor that doesn't work. Or make a girls dorm to justify the more girlie colors.

Arendelle's big rounded window combined with the mermaid stained glass window in the clocktower  would make an interesting prefect's bathroom. 

the birdhouse and little birds would add a nice touch to an owlery. The removable roof level would be a great owlery and include a little writing desk and paper.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Kingsley's patronus is nothing more than a tiny blue blob in the films though :wall: I would love to see a lego lynx

BTW, I took your guys' advise and bought the Advent Calendar (even though I won't be opening it untill december). The store manager of the toystore I went to also said they were selling like hot cakes so I thought 'let's just buy it just in case it does sell out' (and funny enough I already got it on a discount)

I also bought the Hungarian Horntail set and I must say, the Horntail looks MUCH better in person than it does on the box. It's a very nice set, especially at the discount I got it!

Edited by Guyon2002

42 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

BTW, I took your guys' advise and bought the Advent Calendar (even though I won't be opening it untill december). The store manager of the toystore I went to also said they were selling like hot cakes so I thought 'let's just buy it just in case it does sell out' (and funny enough I already got it on a discount)

I also bought the Hungarian Horntail set and I must say, the Horntail looks MUCH better in person than it does on the box. It's a very nice set, especially at the discount I got it!

Wait, what shop did you go to?

I ended up buying the advent online all with kohl's cash. you can get $10 kohl's cash from buying some sets too. 

Question, which Tina Goldstein minifigure do people think is more accurate to the FB films. The light and dark grey from the Dimensions pack, or the light and dark blue from the cmf series? 

3 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Question, which Tina Goldstein minifigure do people think is more accurate to the FB films. The light and dark grey from the Dimensions pack, or the light and dark blue from the cmf series? 

I'd say the one from the CMF.

21 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Definetely CMF

Got my Advent Calendar today and I couldn't resist building it, I have to say it's so good! 

Spoiler

I have to say the new Flitwick included in the Advent Calendar is my favorite figure of all (Lego is so good making Flitwick lately), love that he has the Frog Choir clothes, even tho I hope Lego will make another version of him of how he looked in the first couple of movies!

As a Hufflepuff myself, I love the representation in this calendar as well!

By the way, does any of you think we'll get new Advent Calendars? We could easily get one Yule Ball focused, bringing us exclusive figures like Padma and Parvati Patil, Igor Karkaroff if it's not done in a second CMF, a new "Moody"... Another could be from Order of the Phoenix when Harry is spending Christmas at Grimmauld Place with Sirius. We could get another variant of Sirius and Kreacher if they don't do him in regular sets. 

14 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

By the way, does any of you think we'll get new Advent Calendars? We could easily get one Yule Ball focused, bringing us exclusive figures like Padma and Parvati Patil, Igor Karkaroff if it's not done in a second CMF, a new "Moody"... Another could be from Order of the Phoenix when Harry is spending Christmas at Grimmauld Place with Sirius. We could get another variant of Sirius and Kreacher if they don't do him in regular sets. 

The potential for more calendars is definetely there but it all depends on how well this one sells (which I don't think is going to be a problem). But I can already guarantee you these Calendars will not be the place to get exclusive characters like Karkaroff and Kreacher as they only put reused figures and new variants in the AC, with a small chance of getting a minor character as an exclusive (like General Merrick). And besides that Karkaroff and Kreacher both require brand new molds, especially Kreacher is perfect for CMF 2

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The potential for more calendars is definetely there but it all depends on how well this one sells (which I don't think is going to be a problem). But I can already guarantee you these Calendars will not be the place to get exclusive characters like Karkaroff and Kreacher as they only put reused figures and new variants in the AC, with a small chance of getting a minor character as an exclusive (like General Merrick). And besides that Karkaroff and Kreacher both require brand new molds, especially Kreacher is perfect for CMF 2

I agree with Kreacher and I really hope we will get him in the second HP CMF. What characters could be featured in AC tho? Harry, Ron and Hermione is a given already, and I feel like we could get the Patil twins in one, but who more?

46 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I agree with Kreacher and I really hope we will get him in the second HP CMF. What characters could be featured in AC tho? Harry, Ron and Hermione is a given already, and I feel like we could get the Patil twins in one, but who more?

it would just be stuff like Sirius Black in a azkaban jumpsuit

Just now, DeCommander96 said:

it would just be stuff like Sirius Black in a azkaban jumpsuit

Maybe in his OotP suit? The Azkaban robes were already in the Expecto Patronum set

2 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Maybe in his OotP suit? The Azkaban robes were already in the Expecto Patronum set

OotP is bound to happen in either the OotP sets themselves or the CMF. When it comes to new figures for Advent Calendars I'd mostly suggest looking at the Yule Ball, as there are tons of characters they could give us the Patil twins, Cho Chang, Neville, Ginny, Snape, Roger Davies, Draco, Pansy, Mad-Eye and Filch (Ms Norris would be the exclusive thing about him). They have more than enough for at least a few years, and they could always resort to things like Santadore

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

OotP is bound to happen in either the OotP sets themselves or the CMF. When it comes to new figures for Advent Calendars I'd mostly suggest looking at the Yule Ball, as there are tons of characters they could give us the Patil twins, Cho Chang, Neville, Ginny, Snape, Roger Davies, Draco, Pansy, Mad-Eye and Filch (Ms Norris would be the exclusive thing about him). They have more than enough for at least a few years, and they could always resort to things like Santadore

Your suggestions are really good, I hope it happens!

For Advent calenders, The Slug Club Christmas party could be used, or you could theme one around the Burrow or Grimmauld place. There are Christmas scenes in every book and film, so plenty to draw from.

They have managed to make star wars advent calendars for the last 8 years and I don’t think there is a single thing to do with Christmas in those movies.  So while it would be great to stick to things that mirror the books/movies, there is no reason for them to ever stop making HP calendars other than poor sales. 

4 hours ago, RyanMe said:

They have managed to make star wars advent calendars for the last 8 years and I don’t think there is a single thing to do with Christmas in those movies.  So while it would be great to stick to things that mirror the books/movies, there is no reason for them to ever stop making HP calendars other than poor sales. 

The closest thing Star Wars ever had to something christmas related was the infamous Christmas Special, aside from that I don't believe anything even remotely similair to christmas exist in the Star Wars universe

I was just thinking about minifigures that would be a good fit for the Advent Calendars and just had the idea of including some of the Hogwarts Ghosts! They're entirely exclusive to Hogwarts in the movies and even have ties to Christmas with the choir ghosts in the first film. Also probably wouldn't need new molds, just new prints or pieces in new colours which Lego have already done for this Advent Calendar. I remember the original cmf rumours last year where there was a fake list with like five Hogwarts ghosts but after seeing the amazing Nearly Headless Neck minifigure I think it'd be great to get the Fat Friar and Grey Lady to go alongside him (and maybe the Bloody Baron, I can't quite remember but I think he swoops over a table in the first Great Hall scene). 

17 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I was just thinking about minifigures that would be a good fit for the Advent Calendars and just had the idea of including some of the Hogwarts Ghosts! They're entirely exclusive to Hogwarts in the movies and even have ties to Christmas with the choir ghosts in the first film. Also probably wouldn't need new molds, just new prints or pieces in new colours which Lego have already done for this Advent Calendar. I remember the original cmf rumours last year where there was a fake list with like five Hogwarts ghosts but after seeing the amazing Nearly Headless Neck minifigure I think it'd be great to get the Fat Friar and Grey Lady to go alongside him (and maybe the Bloody Baron, I can't quite remember but I think he swoops over a table in the first Great Hall scene). 

I'd really love to get all of the ghosts, too bad Peeves doesn't show up in the movies at all. At least the house ghosts have a small appearance